onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

Where has Joe moaned about the ticketing website?
The problem is the secrecy around the huge bundles of tickets being put aside before the man on the street can get them.
Saving some for corporate seats, absolutely fine, no issue with me. 
Saving loads and then allowing people to sleep on the car park overnight, and gleefully filming the queues to stick on twitter (they've done it again today), when those people are there because they have been told to think X number of tickets are available when hundreds less are in reality, like Exeter, is not on. Lots of them never had a chance but they were allowed to stand outside for hours wasting their time anyway. It is a way to treat customers. People booked time off work, rearranged childcare etc when there was never any point, they stood outside for hours behind a massive queue of people when a few hours in there would have only been a handful of tickets left. Surely you can see that, and why so many people including Joe are very disappointed in how the club has acted?

Bundles for who , players ?? Staff ? If it’s going to keep getting mentioned then do share ? Otherwise it just comes across as moaning and a conspiracy theory ?

Any facts or further information other than snide remarks

There has been complaints about the wait online , the fact people have to cue early ?

Plus the conspiracy that there is a secret handshake club on tickets.

I don’t think vale are well enough followed to have such a secret club ..

But please do share .. why would you not ??

47 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

I’m resigned to watching the first leg from my sofa as the club apparently place no value whatsoever on the support of season ticket holders who follow the club from across the country and are unable to camp outside the ticket office.

14 attempts to call various numbers at the club, not a single answer. Voicemail left, nothing. Email sent on Saturday, not even an automated response.

Your seat is available only to you until Sunday night. Log on and get it?

32 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Bundles for who , players ?? Staff ? If it’s going to keep getting mentioned then do share ? Otherwise it just comes across as moaning and a conspiracy theory ?

Any facts or further information other than snide remarks

There has been complaints about the wait online , the fact people have to cue early ?

Plus the conspiracy that there is a secret handshake club on tickets.

I don’t think vale are well enough followed to have such a secret club ..

But please do share .. why would you not ??

Box holders are said to have been offered 8 tickets pre sale. There's 48 boxes. I know someone who said they got Hamil tickets before today on the basis that they know a box holder.

Players, their families and staff do get comp tickets yes. Nothing wrong with that.

What annoyed people is that a headline figure of X tickets was announced for Exeter but the reality is that the number actually available was less, and that real number wasn't revealed. Hence 20 cars worth of people having to sleep on a <ovf censored> car park last night just in case.

How difficult is it to disclose the actual number of tickets available when they go on public sale? Really?

Please note I posted this earlier in support of the ticket office staff. I don't have an agenda against them, and I'm as pro-Carol as anyone, if not moreso. This isn't about criticising the club, it's just about basic fairness.

7 hours ago, Doha said:

Read elsewhere that the club have listened to complaints from Exeter - a member of staff turned up this morning walking down the queue and recording how many people were buying, and another staff member said enough tickets would be available for everyone, so fair play Vale, that stuff is what I took issue with over the Exeter tickets. They've listened to us, nice one! 

Do wish fans would stop whining re the current ticketing situation, we all know it’s not good the owners also know. It will get fixed but not this season. There have also been snidey remarks re preferential allocation I also don’t know. But I am sure our club is no different to any other. Regarding camping out all night, well that is their choice, who is anyone else to say. For heaven’s sake let’s appreciate where we are, good owners, a growing support base, and a successful team going for promotion.

46 minutes ago, bomber said:

Would like to get an away ticket for g/son ! Could do with knowing if it's worth going up in the morning.

All i know is that at 3pm they showed me a few bundles of tickets and said they had hundreds left but maybe ring before you set out to go get one

47 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

If anyone is going between now and 7 and has a season ticket but is not going the away game and is 18/21 would you get me a ticket there's a pint in it for you next Thurs pub of your choice .
It would be much appreciated
UTV

Its a shame you didn't put this on earlier mate(i aren't that age but i guess i could of still got one for you) and wouldn't of wanted a pint either but sadly haven't got go again now but i hope you get sorted

16 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Your seat is available only to you until Sunday night. Log on and get it?

1st leg.

I’ve sorted 2nd leg tickets today via the online function which, once I got in, was fine. Half day booked in readiness for the 360 mile round trip.

If it's any help. I tried to log on this morning on my laptop but it requested my ifollow account password which I can't remember but is on my Kindle (where i can't change it for some reason even though logged in but I digress). It did however accept my password for the club shop wher
e I've been purchasing the club programme all season. After getting a 3 minute timer which then hung I thought I'd venture out to the ground but having seen the queue thought I'd try again online as I'd got til Sunday to claim it. Tried again with the club shop password and was straight in this time.
Point being if it recognises you as an ST holder you should be able to claim your ticket.
Was going to go the away game but train doesn't get there till 12.20 so I think it's the fan zone for me. Anyone going? Come on Vale!!!
After all the faff of getting time off work excited doesn't seem adequate enough to describe how I feel!

10 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Do wish fans would stop whining re the current ticketing situation, we all know it’s not good the owners also know. It will get fixed but not this season. There have also been snidey remarks re preferential allocation I also don’t know. But I am sure our club is no different to any other. Regarding camping out all night, well that is their choice, who is anyone else to say. For heaven’s sake let’s appreciate where we are, good owners, a growing support base, and a successful team going for promotion.

We were also asked to stop whining about the previous owner 🤷‍♂️. No one is above criticism, the ticketing situation is a shambles and should have been sorted after the Man City game. If no one criticises, nothing changes. We can be thankful for everything that is going right and also complain about the things that need change. Vale is the only place I know where they make it difficult to spend money.

Box holders are said to have been offered 8 tickets pre sale. There's 48 boxes. I know someone who said they got Hamil tickets before today on the basis that they know a box holder.
Players, their families and staff do get comp tickets yes. Nothing wrong with that.
What annoyed people is that a headline figure of X tickets was announced for Exeter but the reality is that the number actually available was less, and that real number wasn't revealed. Hence 20 cars worth of people having to sleep on a car park last night just in case.
How difficult is it to disclose the actual number of tickets available when they go on public sale? Really?

People would still cue to make sure ? None of the actual people cuing and camping are doing the moaning . I’d imagine for some it’s quite exciting ? They seem to be proud of it via social media

The box situation ? Is this a fact or rumour , I guess putting thousands into the club to pay for a box comes with some benefits ? I’d imagine if they don’t buy the offered tickets they go back Into general sale ?

I’m a little bit on the fence with that if I’m honest

What I’m not on the fence with is when it comes to something finally positive for the club and a time to actually get excited, we have moaning.

Cues to get in the ground
Food
Beer
Tickets
Fans that are in my seat
Fans not seen before
‘Day trippers’
Speakers
Sky tv
Move of fixture
Online crashed

Blah blah , we are a Lower league club , with no real profit margins with a local business owner haemorrhaging Thousands of pounds a year for the love of the club.

If I read this forum , which she probably does… I’d Probably pack it in at the end of the season.

She won’t , because she loves the club the community it sits in

The sneering ,sniping, angry negative attitude of some on here really is not in line with what the club has become this last 2-3 years.

5 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

People would still cue to make sure ? None of the actual people cuing and camping are doing the moaning . I’d imagine for some it’s quite exciting ? They seem to be proud of it via social media

The box situation ? Is this a fact or rumour , I guess putting thousands into the club to pay for a box comes with some benefits ? I’d imagine if they don’t buy the offered tickets they go back Into general sale ?

I’m a little bit on the fence with that if I’m honest

What I’m not on the fence with is when it comes to something finally positive for the club and a time to actually get excited, we have moaning.

Cues to get in the ground
Food
Beer
Tickets
Fans that are in my seat
Fans not seen before
‘Day trippers’
Speakers
Sky tv
Move of fixture
Online crashed

Blah blah , we are a Lower league club , with no real profit margins with a local business owner haemorrhaging Thousands of pounds a year for the love of the club.

If I read this forum , which she probably does… I’d Probably pack it in at the end of the season.

She won’t , because she loves the club the community it sits in

The sneering ,sniping, angry negative attitude of some on here really is not in line with what the club has become this last 2-3 years.

Absolutely spot on mate 👏

Archived