onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

40 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Sorted for home and away tickets nephew queuing from 1 a.m for away tickets ,45 minute wait for home tickets as would have got them at the ground but queue was that large thought I'd do it through Port Vale ifollow tickets 45 mins that took it was a long and painful process but got there in the end UTV.
Sorry hear folk having a nightmare

Let' get the Hamil rocking, Breadie.

Advert

Let' get the Hamil rocking, Breadie.
I do peoples head in because I want them win I'm the gooaaarrrnnn man all game v Accrington years ago away I did everyone's head in cannot help it get behind the lads my motto is we have voices lets hear them.
Cannot wait m8 that end is going be so loud UTV

16 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Jacko, it seems like you're heavily defending the policy of keeping loads of tickets for the 'chosen few'.

Is that because you're one of them? Can't remember ever seeing you queuing on Hamil Road for a ticket like the rest of us?

Who exactly are the “chosen few” that you’re hunting down? 

52 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Sorted for home and away tickets nephew queuing from 1 a.m for away tickets ,45 minute wait for home tickets as would have got them at the ground but queue was that large thought I'd do it through Port Vale ifollow tickets 45 mins that took it was a long and painful process but got there in the end UTV.
Sorry hear folk having a nightmare

In hindsight people didn't have to queue through the night as i went get my home tickets after work,got them at 3.15pm and was asked if i wanted away tickets as well as there were hundreds left

6 minutes ago, Rory said:

Hamil is our end now. We shall not be moved!

I do think that will become the proper home end if vale fans get it for next season,it will prove more popular than the Bycars

I will still have my season tickets for the Paddock though for now

34 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Us too I'm a season ticket holder in Railway stand 3 of us going in hamil thurs .
Cannot wait bring it ON

What happens to your STs in the Railway?

Are they reserved till Sunday,then go on general sale?

In hindsight people didn't have to queue through the night as i went get my home tickets after work,got them at 3.15pm and was asked if i wanted away tickets as well as there were hundreds left
I agree but nephew was stung v Exeter so he didn't want risk that again and him and all his mates got there's and bonus I got one too however I still need one a 18 /21 year old as lad wants come but not a season ticket holder so I am glad there's some left hopefully be some left tomoz for my lad just the one will do .
UTV glad you had no problem think home game be sold out by tomorrow UTV

I wonder if the club has considered swopping the Bycars for the Hamil for home fans in the future? 

I would imagine that STs for the Bycars have already started selling for 22/23 season. 

Personally I would rather put the smaller away followings in the Bycars and if the current plan works out against Swindle it may be an idea for away coaches on Dimensions leaving car parking spaces/minibuses outside the Hamil

What happens to your STs in the Railway?
Are they reserved till Sunday,then go on general sale?
Yes it's only the one or maybe automatically it could be sold no idea m8 but I believe they were holding folks season tickets till Sun but if they buy for other area automatically it may notice not sure m8
Give them a ring I'm sure it should quieten down soon
UTV

26 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Correct, but it’s a gamble some obviously weren’t willing to take.

22 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Who exactly are the “chosen few” that you’re hunting down? 

I'm not hunting anyone down, although it sounds like a lot of fun.

Just interested in the defence of a system that is so clearly in need of a revamp. There's also a lack of transparency over who is getting to the front of the queue before they go on sale to 'normal fans'. If one of the advantages of being a club sponsor, box holder, or programme contributor is that you get access to tickets before everyone else, then so be it but let that be known and give more accurate information to fans queuing up in person about the actual allocations. The Exeter fiasco has led to such paranoia that people (needlessly) have camped overnight or spent hours on the car park again. It's also incredibly tinpot to excuse it by pointing our that smaller clubs than us also have issues in this regard. We're Port Vale, not Mansfield-<ovf censored>-Town.

The daft thing is, a fit-for-purpose online ticketing hub with an incorporated loyalty points system would be to the advantage of the poster I'm asking the question of, given they go to every single Port Vale match. There's no need to reserve tickets in a brown envelope when you'd be (rightly) at the front of the queue anyway.

Just got my ticket online. The whole process took about a minute...took me longer to find my wallet! Must be a lot quieter now.

I sit in the Paddock and once logged in there was only my seat plus a handful of others scattered around that were not greyed out. My guess is that those are the non-season ticket seats that haven't been sold yet. Obviously, some ST seats will become available after Sunday but still, looking like it might be busy.

Spot on JJ.

It would appear that some folks have spent hours in a queue based on, as Breadwinner attests to, 'getting burnt' for Exeter when there was in reality no need to. The experience of '1000 tickets' selling out in 70 minutes, alongside an old tradition of ticketing fiascos dating back decades, have contributed to panic-buying.

The guessing game that fans have to engage in to figure out when they need to arrive is a joke. As a result, to be safe, there were a dozen people CAMPING OUT in Port Vale car park overnight. They were so worried about missing out on tickets (which are still on sale as of now, apparently) that they decided to get there the day before to be certain, because of previous poor experiences.

I know I do people's heads in by banging on about stuff. I'm fully aware, and thankfully not bothered. This has just been something that has been a problem for years and it seems to be getting worse and I'll bang the drum till I feel things are right for Vale fans. I have done for years, to much chagrin.

Step 1 is to clarify how many tickets have been taken up pre-sale (and be transparent as to who is getting them, and why) so fans can make a proper decision. Step 2 is to bring in online tickets for away games. Step 3 is a loyalty scheme.

Right now it's like some form of weird game out of Takeshi's Castle. 

I'd also like to see a transition so that the 'pre-sale' ticket buyers are only entitled to a proportion of the away allocation, as opposed to as many as they please as a group. 15%, maybe, which they enter a ballot for. If they're not lucky in pre-sale, they can join the queue with the rest of us, but they get a first chance, and if they get lucky once they can't enter a ballot for the next game. I think that's a fair system that gives those who pay for it an advantage without them taking up a disproportionate amount of tickets. My concern is that a box-holder can get 1 for themselves and 7 for mates who aren't fans and don't regularly attend, ahead of ST holders who go home and away. 

Archived