onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

I have a bit of sympathy for the club on this with my time with OVF. When there's crazy busy periods on OVF then it's frustrating for all as it slows and crashes but most of the time it's easy to access. But the problem is to plan your server bandwidth for those occasional times when traffic is skyhigh means a huge cost and a cost you have to pay during the quiet times. It doesn't make financial sense to pay for the very occasional super-busy times so sometimes you just have to accept financial reality and that some people will be cheesed off by the waiting times when it's busy.

In the same way, the ticketing website has been decent for the majority of the season for "run of the mill games" (I've certainly had no issue with it) but when there's a high demand game it struggles a bit. However, I think with a bit of patience we'll all get our tickets. At least it has got a counter with an indication of the time so at least you have some idea of the waiting times. 

I would hope that if we continue to be successful then these high profile events will see the club upgrade the system but to be fair to them it's only worth doing when there are more of them - it's pointless doing it now when those high demand games are only (sadly) once in a blue moon.  

Advert

12 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Took 50 minutes but tickets secured for the home leg online. its slow, very slow but does work (Mansfield's crashed altogether!).

If we get to Wembley the server is going to be smoking!

You have to use ticket master basically

20 minutes ago, robf said:

I have a bit of sympathy for the club on this with my time with OVF. When there's crazy busy periods on OVF then it's frustrating for all as it slows and crashes but most of the time it's easy to access. But the problem is to plan your server bandwidth for those occasional times when traffic is skyhigh means a huge cost and a cost you have to pay during the quiet times. It doesn't make financial sense to pay for the very occasional super-busy times so sometimes you just have to accept financial reality and that some people will be cheesed off by the waiting times when it's busy.

In the same way, the ticketing website has been decent for the majority of the season for "run of the mill games" (I've certainly had no issue with it) but when there's a high demand game it struggles a bit. However, I think with a bit of patience we'll all get our tickets. At least it has got a counter with an indication of the time so at least you have some idea of the waiting times. 

I would hope that if we continue to be successful then these high profile events will see the club upgrade the system but to be fair to them it's only worth doing when there are more of them - it's pointless doing it now when those high demand games are only (sadly) once in a blue moon.  

Nice sensible post mate 

A small number of people would prefer  to bitch about the club though rather than understand a bit 

10 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Took 50 minutes but tickets secured for the home leg online. its slow, very slow but does work (Mansfield's crashed altogether!).

Ticketmaster sold PO Final tickets on behalf of Morecambe the other season.

19 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

And Mansfield fans were complaining about the length of the queues to get tickets.  I thought that only happened at Vale?  Their away tickets have sold out but they had far less than ours.

Also from the Mansfield forum "4 windows selling tickets, 1 card machine between them. Pee poor again I’m afraid."

We are not alone.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

There was no mad rush for Barrow tickets. We had less than 600 and they were still some on sale a few days before the game. 

There was still a panic early doors based on the regulars being worried they’d miss out. In the end there were a few left on general sale towards the end but it shows the amount of nervousness and mistrust of the current process.

Plenty of tickets at Wembley 30,000 ?

1 minute ago, Santa said:

There was still a panic early doors based on the regulars being worried they’d miss out. In the end there were a few left on general sale towards the end but it shows the amount of nervousness and mistrust of the current process.

If we had 575 tickets and we didn't have enough regulars to take them all in the early stages, it does show that the 2,200 we have for Swindon should be plenty!!

16 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Nice sensible post mate 

A small number of people would prefer  to bitch about the club though rather than understand a bit 

Where has Joe moaned about the ticketing website?

The problem is the secrecy around the huge bundles of tickets being put aside before the man on the street can get them.

Saving some for corporate seats, absolutely fine, no issue with me. 

Saving loads and then allowing people to sleep on the car park overnight, and gleefully filming the queues to stick on twitter (they've done it again today), when those people are there because they have been told to think X number of tickets are available when hundreds less are in reality, like Exeter, is not on. Lots of them never had a chance but they were allowed to stand outside for hours wasting their time anyway. It is a <ovf censored> way to treat customers. People booked time off work, rearranged childcare etc when there was never any point, they stood outside for hours behind a massive queue of people when a few hours in there would have only been a handful of tickets left. Surely you can see that, and why so many people including Joe are very disappointed in how the club has acted?

Archived