onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

1 hour ago, saintvaliant said:

Unpopular opinion alert.

It is a disgrace that in 2022 the club seems to see this way of selling tickets as acceptable. 

I appreciate everything the Shanahans have done for the club but this farcical approach to ticket selling has been a consistent during their ownership and goes back as far as December 2019 when we drew Man City in the cup.

Given the criticality of selling tickets (our main income stream) it beggars belief that we are so far behind the times with ticket selling.

They'll get a small cup of instant coffee though and everyone will say how classy it is.

Advert

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Some fans literally can't miss a game. They either see it as a duty or it is crucial to their wellbeing.

For them to have to camp out overnight in a car park to be guaranteed a ticket is a disgrace.

What I don't understand is why home tickets can be sold online but not away.

Agree, but saying forced is like they’ve got a gun to their heads , a new system wants implementing for sure 

I just hope that not too many tickets were taken in the secretive pre-sale which the club operates.

There will be some people sat at home right now, guaranteed tickets (for a variety of reasons), as other fans camp out overnight to guarantee the same tickets. It will never, ever sit right with me.

Hopefully the initial 2200 hasn't been chipped away that much.

9 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Is there toilets up there? No way I could spend the night there without needing the bog. I'm not knocking folk who have camped out or gone early, but there's gotta be a better way. Surely a points scheme needs putting in place so only blocks of fans are queuing on one particular day. And an online system so you can buy tickets whilst sitting in your pants, on the settee with a brew.

You sound like you are Jim off The Royle Family. 

Sat in pants, queueing my A**e 😉

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I just hope that not too many tickets were taken in the secretive pre-sale which the club operates.

There will be some people sat at home right now, guaranteed tickets (for a variety of reasons), as other fans camp out overnight to guarantee the same tickets. It will never, ever sit right with me.

You seem very bitter ! Anything positive to say about the club?

8 minutes ago, valeblue said:

You seem very bitter ! Anything positive to say about the club?

I think the club is being ran very well and we've had a good season, if we ignore the disappointment over the autos. I was criticised by some for being over-positive last summer, such was my fervour in commending what Carol, Flitcroft, and Clarke were doing.

I don't agree with, or like, the way some tickets are quietly offered to some fans whilst ST holders camp out overnight. Be upfront and transparent about it. 

I think that's fair?

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How do you allocate 2000 away tickets to 5000 ST Holders? Form a queue or prioritise on the basis of away games attended. Link ST ID to away ticket invoice ID s. Possible depending on current ticketing system.

That’s how it should be fair chance it will be in the future aswell now we have proper owners 

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How do you allocate 2000 away tickets to 5000 ST Holders? Form a queue or prioritise on the basis of away games attended. Link ST ID to away ticket invoice ID s. Possible depending on current ticketing system.

This discussion will never go away unless something is implemented that is deemed to be fair .

I've said before, whether i've gone up for a ticket to Crawley or a ticket to Bradford, the person in the ticket office always asks for my address and enters the details.

So in effect there is some type of system already in place to see who has been where and when.

I really don't know the answer myself but given the line of work our owners excel in you'd hope we are a long way down the road of having a plan.  

However the expense of such a system has to be balanced with a once a decade success. 

We stay down and are 12th, no mad rush for Barrow or Hartlepool tickets next season, we go up and berserk queues for Derby,Sheff Wed would ensue. 

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

This discussion will never go away unless something is implemented that is deemed to be fair .

I've said before, whether i've gone up for a ticket to Crawley or a ticket to Bradford, the person in the ticket office always asks for my address and enters the details.

So in effect there is some type of system already in place to see who has been where and when.

I really don't know the answer myself but given the line of work our owners excel in you'd hope we are a long way down the road of having a plan.  

However the expense of such a system has to be balanced with a once a decade success. 

We stay down and are 12th, no mad rush for Barrow or Hartlepool tickets next season, we go up and berserk queues for Derby,Sheff Wed would ensue. 

There was no mad rush for Barrow tickets. We had less than 600 and they were still some on sale a few days before the game. 

49 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Secretive pre sale? Maybe Carol, Sir John Rudge and Robbie Williams might get priority for some reason but I really don’t think there is some kind of preferential ballot going on except for the free tickets given out at my local Freemasons club for our small exclusive box tucked away in the Lorne Street. 😂

Archived