onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

For the last thirty years or so one thing has been proved to me, terracing was far less complicated. Even 'Safe' standing will have the same issues as seated tickets. Proper terracing needs to be brought back with a crush barrier every two or three steps and not every 10-20 steps like Hillsborough. That was the problem there along with the fencing and poor organizing. I live in hope that we return to that. That those who wish to sit for the entire game can do so in dedicated seating areas.

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

For the last thirty years or so one thing has been proved to me, terracing was far less complicated. Even 'Safe' standing will have the same issues as seated tickets. Proper terracing needs to be brought back with a crush barrier every two or three steps and not every 10-20 steps like Hillsborough. That was the problem there along with the fencing and poor organizing. I live in hope that we return to that. That those who wish to sit for the entire game can do so in dedicated seating areas.

Couldn’t agree more MV

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

As an example the away end at Salford holds 1100 but I felt it wasn't really full. Spoke to an official who said if they were to put seats in you could get 420ish. 

Unpopular opinion alert.

It is a disgrace that in 2022 the club seems to see this way of selling tickets as acceptable. 

I appreciate everything the Shanahans have done for the club but this farcical approach to ticket selling has been a consistent during their ownership and goes back as far as December 2019 when we drew Man City in the cup.

Given the criticality of selling tickets (our main income stream) it beggars belief that we are so far behind the times with ticket selling.

Is there toilets up there? No way I could spend the night there without needing the bog. I'm not knocking folk who have camped out or gone early, but there's gotta be a better way. Surely a points scheme needs putting in place so only blocks of fans are queuing on one particular day. And an online system so you can buy tickets whilst sitting in your pants, on the settee with a brew.

11 minutes ago, valeblue said:

To be fair don’t think they were forced! 

Some fans literally can't miss a game. They either see it as a duty or it is crucial to their wellbeing.

For them to have to camp out overnight in a car park to be guaranteed a ticket is a disgrace.

What I don't understand is why home tickets can be sold online but not away.

Archived