onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

I find it ridiculously harsh (and blatantly wrong) to blame pensioners who can't stand up for 90 minutes + children who can't see past grown men stood up for poor away atmospheres. They're certainly not a 'brigade' who need to be 'out the way'.

Yes I know you like your standing up and suchlike but you're not the main character. There's other fans there too who either can't stand up or can't see if everyone does.

FWIW I would choose to stand up myself but if there's people behind me who remain seated then I'll sit down too. 

Advert

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I find it ridiculously harsh (and blatantly wrong) to blame pensioners who can't stand up for 90 minutes + children who can't see past grown men stood up for poor away atmospheres. They're certainly not a 'brigade' who need to be 'out the way'.

Yes I know you like your standing up and suchlike but you're not the main character. There's other fans there too who either can't stand up or can't see if everyone does.

FWIW I would choose to stand up myself but if there's people behind me who remain seated then I'll sit down too. 

Unfortunately I am in the position of ‘if I have to stand I can’t go’.Do people stand up and watch a match ,at their own homes?Is,by chance ,your voice louder when standing?

I have also noticed that the standers always occupy the centre areas at away games.Why don’t they stand at the back and on the sides.At the end of the day it’s all about common courtesy and allowing others to enjoy what’s on show.

Unfortunately I am in the position of ‘if I have to stand I can’t go’.Do people stand up and watch a match ,at their own homes?Is,by chance ,your voice louder when standing?
I have also noticed that the standers always occupy the centre areas at away games.Why don’t they stand at the back and on the sides.At the end of the day it’s all about common courtesy and allowing others to enjoy what’s on show.
Voice is louder when standing up, as people do in ceremonies and churches, especially in a group. Stand at the back allowing people who want / need to sit before them would seem to be the way. Lots of grounds it is usually the ends where the singers stand, this is the chance in the Hamil.

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Lots of clubs have unreserved seating but it don’t impact on the capacity against Swindon it needs people in the hamil standing singing and getting behind the team not like at Walsall when the whistle went to start the game most people sat down and didn’t make a murmur I’ve heard more noise at a cricket match 

For those who have queries about our capacity can I recommend the following light reading!!

https://www.raithrovers.net/files/GuidetoSafetyatSportsGrounds.pdf

Great for those who don’t have Twitter.

Get with the times Phil

Joking aside we want the club to be progressive , and the coms via social media are important to a large portion of the fan base. And moving us in line with most other clubs and how they communicate and engage with fans

, I do appreciate the traditional methods are still needed for various reasons.

I thought the communication around tickets was pretty clear .. you always get the anomaly’s that come to light … ‘but what ifs’

I’m sure you will get your tickets … perhaps not for the away one as most season ticket holders want a ticket and there aren’t enough tickets to go around.

Either get there at sunrise or probably you aren’t getting.

Get on that promotion train brother

I’m not going the Away leg but having a family bbq instead

Make the most of a big day !

Enjoy

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

I also wouldn’t stand if there’s people behind sitting but with unreserved seats you know where people will stand so you can sit elsewhere where people will be sitting 

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I also wouldn’t stand if there’s people behind sitting but with unreserved seats you know where people will stand so you can sit elsewhere where people will be sitting 

It's absolutely find that they do this, but often the lads who want to stand up arrive a bit later than older fans/families - usually as they've been in the pub. 

This means that children/old people, who can't stand or can't see if they everyone stands, have their previously 'everyone seating' position altered to a 'standing' area due to the late arrivals.

As I've said, I've no issue with lads arriving when they want - it's just difficult if you're with family and they rely on seating to be able to enjoy the game.

Standing in seated areas is the bane of my life. At my height even if I stand I can’t see over the big buggers in front and there are folks older than me who simply can’t stand. You can’t say that the people who want to sit shouldn’t choose to sit where latecomers want to stand. The latecomers should go to the sides and keep out of the way of those who are already there and are sitting down. If they want to stand in the middle at the back they should spend less time in the pub and get in the ground earlier. 

So about segregation the ones who are going stand and sing and get behind the team to the left and right of swindons goal and the others in the middle .
Just spread it around as do not want ruin anyone's view of watching that's the best option then fair enough .
UTV

4 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Most at Exeter and Salford were standing only a few were in seated areas and that makes for a good atmosphere Salford was amazing so with unreserved seating fans can stand with mates and roar em on and the “ sit down “ brigade can sit out the way 

I was standing at the side at exeter unfortunatly standing next to about 5 or 6 gobby so called vale fans who were to busy swearing and gesturing to exeter fans sitting in the stands.They only stopped when we scored i hope they saw the goal on video cause they did not see it live.Either stop drinking before the match or grow up.

8 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Most at Exeter and Salford were standing only a few were in seated areas and that makes for a good atmosphere Salford was amazing so with unreserved seating fans can stand with mates and roar em on and the “ sit down “ brigade can sit out the way 

Sit down brigade ? 

9 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Couple of camper vans there already. Expecting a queue by 6.30am. 

Good God.

Just absolutely mental. 2022. Please don't let me see anyone celebrating this tomorrow; 'what support clap clap'. Fair play to those committed enough but it shouldn't be happening.

Good luck to those heading down. Once more unto the breach.

Archived