onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I can see this coming down to disposable incomes and can’t see Swindle bringing many for the return leg. They’ll hopefully be trailing so won’t think it’s worth coming or the unthinkable factor is they’ll do a job on us and won’t come because they’ll think, job done. Save the money for the final. I also think ZVale fans may hold back on buying tickets for the home tie, with it being on Sky and waiting for the result of the first game

You’re probably right. In fact, the Semi final is a pointless game unless you win and get to Wembley when it matters. That’s what I am saving for. I have Sky, but no way can I afford to pay on the gate for the semi too in the same month! It has been expensive enough sadly. Plus season ticket fees and new shirts and I follow membership etc means I have to prioritise somewhere. 

Only if the tie is heavily poised may I bite the bullet and go to the Semi in person. 

Baffling. They haven't given us any covered seating (which is seemingly EFL rules) and only half what they could get at ours.

We need to restrict their following to the same, even if that means leaving half of the Hamil empty. The 50k we'd miss out on is dwarfed by the financial benefits of winning, and we need every advantage to ensure it happens. Having 4,000 Swindon fans in one stand vs 8,700 Vale fans in three stands is a recipe for a neutral atmosphere.

Their fans are also convinced we 'won't sell out', which is massively ill-informed. They'll be gone on the first day of sale.

I'd be very surprised if that allocation does reach general sale .
2200 Vale there giving it everything like they do every away game (not that amount)the sky's the limit .
If I was Vale I'd get the home ones sold before the away game .
Get that money in the club as if Swindon sell all there away allocation and we beat them 3-0 at theres the whole ground be ours as they probably will not want come (vica versa ).
UTV

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

You’re probably right. In fact, the Semi final is a pointless game unless you win and get to Wembley when it matters. That’s what I am saving for. I have Sky, but no way can I afford to pay on the gate for the semi too in the same month! It has been expensive enough sadly. Plus season ticket fees and new shirts and I follow membership etc means I have to prioritise somewhere. 

Only if the tie is heavily poised may I bite the bullet and go to the Semi in person. 

TJH, I totally understand. That’s some bill you have going on just for football. I take my hat off to you. Perhaps the entrance fee could be reduced, I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

It says only away fans will be in the Stratton Bank, not that that's the only place away fans will go.

EFL rules is at least 200 away tickets have to be under cover (article 34.3 of the EFL regulations), so it would seem (after hankering), the agreement is Stratton Bank + corner of Arkells (around 3500 tickets) in return for the full Hamil in the 2nd leg. Completely fair and sensible - each club can maximise revenue and be fair to away fans without major logistical challenges.

1955536550_Screenshot2022-05-09at13_54_40.thumb.png.2fa5750dda9ac0cee0adbd16b7f7d4ed.png

What about at Gillingham, they aren't covered!

Ha ha,brilliant! 

Used to love coming in for the last 20. The wall was a bit nippy at times and as you got a bit older you got a bit braver.

Could tell how many came out when the gates opened if Vale were winning or not

4 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Ha ha,brilliant! 

Used to love coming in for the last 20. The wall was a bit nippy at times and as you got a bit older you got a bit braver.

Could tell how many came out when the gates opened if Vale were winning or not

A lad I know used to live in the houses by the church on the Hamil, so he could watch from the comfort of a back bedroom. I didn’t know him in them days. No fear sitting there twenty feet up legs dangling over the edge. These days Five O would move you instead of saying it’s your own fault if you fall. 

20 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

TJH, I totally understand. That’s some bill you have going on just for football. I take my hat off to you. Perhaps the entrance fee could be reduced, I don’t know. 

Nah, compared to the real die hards who do every home and away I am a lightweight.

Frankly it amazes me how many people have gone to every game who don’t earn much but have prioritised the Vale. I didn’t go to Exeter despite originally having tickets, but I am going all in on Wembley if we get there! 👍

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Nah, compared to the real die hards who do every home and away I am a lightweight.

Frankly it amazes me how many people have gone to every game who don’t earn much but have prioritised the Vale. I didn’t go to Exeter despite originally having tickets, but I am going all in on Wembley if we get there! 👍

You don’t have to be there to support, it’s a bit like church, you don’t need to be there to pray. Well done anyway. KOYW. 👏👏

Archived