onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

I can see this coming down to disposable incomes and can’t see Swindle bringing many for the return leg. They’ll hopefully be trailing so won’t think it’s worth coming or the unthinkable factor is they’ll do a job on us and won’t come because they’ll think, job done. Save the money for the final. I also think ZVale fans may hold back on buying tickets for the home tie, with it being on Sky and waiting for the result of the first game

Advert

The Swindon fan hasn't done much research has he?

We took a paltry 2245 for our derby... you mean we sold out our allocation?

We take 300 because lets be fair its an awful away day but this isnt a regular fixture, we usually take 3-500 to Wycombe but in a key game we took 3000... its like them taking 3500 to Walsall when they usually probably take less than 1/3 of that!

Financially we are probably far less skint than them these days! We aren't the ones that have had an embargo!

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Turning that on its head, when did Swindon ever bring a 4 figure following to Vale?

700 this season was the most I can remember them bringing. Even when they were going for automatic promotion in League One (the year I think they got schooled by PNE at Wembley in the play offs) they brought 600 odd.

Apart from Saturday they have only taken 1k + away on 4 occasions this season.Considering they average 9k plus home you could suggest Swindle fans find it difficult to find their way out of Swndle.(Or should that be their arses with both hands?🤔)

Anyone seen any updates on when the club will announce anything? I am presuming they have cancelled the announcement today so they can meet with the council/FA/whoever instead so I guess the earliest we may know anything is tomorrow. 

Anyone seen any updates on when the club will announce anything? I am presuming they have cancelled the announcement today so they can meet with the council/FA/whoever instead so I guess the earliest we may know anything is tomorrow. 
It'll be the police who decide if we can switch stands segregate etc. They won't let it happen in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
1 hour ago, robf said:

It'll be the police who decide if we can switch stands segregate etc. They won't let it happen in my opinion.

I don’t think the police have ever been very supportive of Vale’s issues: just look at all tge issues of how tgey plan ‘high risk’ games in then past

21 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
1 hour ago, robf said:

When have the police ever done anything to help Vale? 

I remember the times we had to move our fixtures cos it clashed with the Lardies

6 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

Our capacity is 15036 not 20552.

15036 minus the guess sums above makes the announced attendance about right.

Our capacity was advertised as 20,552 in official programmes following the installation of the last 1500 seats in the LS.

Here's a Sentinel article confirming the 1500 figure.

Prior to this the total capacity was 19,052 across multiple sources, including the official website as depicted below, for years and years. 20,552 therefore makes perfect sense following LS completion. 

dbB7ITb.png

15,036 has come from a Sentinel article a few weeks ago which confirmed that figure has had a safety certificate restriction factorisation applied to it.

Our true total capacity is 20,552 if the family stand and full LS were open. That is evidence based fact.

Our true home capacity without them is about 13,500.

The stuff about ST blocked seats won't apply for the Swindon match, it'll be a free for all. 

So even if we generously say there's 1000 seats in the family stand, probably less actually, what kind of mad safety factor has been foisted on us when 8700 is a sell out from about 13,500 seats? Let's say a very generous 1000 are ST holders including JV's that haven't showed up; Some seats were also blocked off for Sky Camera gantries against Newport, in the top row of the Bycars and front of the Hamil. Let's say a generous 250. That's still leaving the best part of 30% of the seats empty.

Meanwhile the away end at Hartlepool had one exit open, and if you've been to Crewe you know how packed that is when we sell it out. And Barrow. I'd genuinely like to know if other league clubs have had massive capacity restrictions enforced on them by mystery authorities.

33 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
1 hour ago, robf said:

We can still give them 1500 and net it off and the remaining 3000 will stay empty 

18 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

That’s some lost income.

I guess it's whether there is any advantage handed to Swindon by giving them the whole stand - if not then just sell them anyway. 

But if there is a perceived advantage being given to them then if reducing that advantage helps us into the play-off final lost revenue won't matter. The revenue from a Wembley final would far outweigh those lost 3,000 ticket sales. 

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

That’s some lost income.

They won't sell out all 4,500 tickets, no chance. Being charitable, they might get 2,500 so we'd lose out on 1,000 ticket sales at £23 each. £20,000 ish when you take into account reduced prices for kids. Then because of the aggregation of income (posted above somewhere), we won't see most of it anyway. Not a massive cost compared to the influence on potentially being promoted instead and playing Sheff. Wed. instead of Barrow.

I'd go even further and stick them on the far Lorne Street side of the stand as well.

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

When have the police ever done anything to help Vale? 

I remember the times we had to move our fixtures cos it clashed with the Lardies

Park the away coach transport on the Lorne street car park and give them that stand. Can't see how the police can complain about that - away fans witht heir own cars park all round the town and Synetics car park, mingling as they go to the usual away end anyway. Fill the Hamil Road end with 4000 Vale and futch Swindon I say

Archived