Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Newport announced as a home sell out.
8700 odd it turned out to be. 
20552 - 4500 Hamil = 16052.
- 1500 unfinished LS = 14552
- 1000 odd say for the family stand = 13500 home capacity without completed LS and family stand
8700 is a sell out from 13500 available seats? That's only 64%! Over a third of the capacity has been closed off.
That was why I said it's being made difficult to get even Vale fans in, never mind away fans. A third of the ground is off limits without an official explanation and instead we just get nonsense social media posts about the 'first home sellout since 1990'. We've had much more than at the Newport game several times. 

Our capacity is 15036 not 20552.

15036 minus the guess sums above makes the announced attendance about right.

You then have the no shows plus a large portion of season tickets that are bought for kids for 30 quid who many might not attend. My 2 nephews for example who get a new shirt and a seat but only went a few of the matches . Unfortunately means their seat can’t be re sold though.(but fans for the future )

The capacity needs to be explained and looked at (albeit we will only get close to selling out in a promotion season / big cup game really ) that on average happens every 4-5 years and only for a handful of games.

The social media post was correct , all available home tickets had been sold. Bit of spin granted . But not a lie or wrong.

Advert

10 hours ago, Warren said:

Isn't Swindon's ground in "a bit of a state" which might affect overall attendance and away attendance. 

They managed to get 13,000 plus in the other week against Barrow and presumably did so with as many as 1,000 empty seats in the away end (Barrow not renowned for travelling in numbers).

9 hours ago, Santa said:

Last time I went to Swindon we conceded a hatful (≥ 5) and I think I got stung £25 to get in. I realise that doesn’t narrow down which game it was.

It’s never been an away fixture I’ve relished much partly because of our record there, partly because of the bloody journey and partly because we’ve probably been in the same division as them more than any other team in the 30+ years I’ve been going Vale regularly.

I might be getting it mixed up with Peterborough in my head but it’s not the worst stadium in the world, that stand reminds me of an old school building.

That side stand opposite looks decent, I think they opened that against us in 94 when we went there on the opening day. However I wouldn’t want to be in that open end with those Wembley style stools if I can help it. 

If we are in that open end at least the weather looks decent on Sunday.

me, the state of this:

Vale fans very bitter about only getting 1,200 tickets for this game but they have never ever brought more than 350 fans ever since I started going in 74. Also unlike them we don't need to cash in on away ticket sales to sell out, pack the CG with Swindon fans, another 13,500 of them for a sell out.

They are all suggesting they just give us 1,200 but I doubt their club can afford to not sell the other 3,000 possible tickets as segregation would cost them way more than its worth, not like Vale fans are very loud at home so a few more of their own fans wont help them. They have only averaged a paltry 5,900 this season and had just two 8,500+ crowds this season.

Vale have only twice had 10k+ crowds in the last 10 years, 12,601 vs near neighbours Wolves 10 years ago and a few weeks ago vs Bristol Rovers when they got 10,840 with Rovers occupying 2,222.

They only took 2,245 to Walsall their local derby a few weeks ago so why should we let them have 2,600 and they dont even sell it out?

Also the game is shown live on Sky I understand so not like they even need a big screen beamback set up.

Att: 14,451 (1,192 Valies).

Deluded Swindon fan. Needs reminding which club at the beginning of the season had been unable to pay it's players and was financially bankrupt.

22 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Deluded Swindon fan. Needs reminding which club at the beginning of the season had been unable to pay it's players and was financially bankrupt.

Says he or she been going since 1974.

Well we played them on a Sunday once in a top of the league clash, possibly Macari was manager and took a good 1200 plus. Also first game of the season in the Championship was on Central live again on a Sunday and we took good numbers. Swindle and Peterborough we never travel well, usually as fans tired of seeing a drubbing and it's a mundane nothingness place. 

Walsall, well, who knows why we got a reduced allocation but don't let that stop them thinking they are humungous by taking more than us.

Love how they say a paltry 5900. Clearly Swindle are massive . 

Pity Swindle didn't have Sutton and an allocation of about 350 i'd love to see the rant then.

I can't think of a club who it would be more fitting to beat after the stitch up v Hartlepool all those years ago.

Turning that on its head, when did Swindon ever bring a 4 figure following to Vale?

700 this season was the most I can remember them bringing. Even when they were going for automatic promotion in League One (the year I think they got schooled by PNE at Wembley in the play offs) they brought 600 odd.

The away allocation is a dilemna

1. The chance of Swindon taking all 4K seats on a Thursday night when it is live on Sky is unlikely but

2. If Swindon have a good first leg and the game is in the balance they will bring a few more hoping to seal the deal

3. If Swindon have a poor first leg (please) then ticket sales will dwindle

The problem is the plans need to be in place before the end of the first leg, and regardless the club will be bound by safety agreements that are already in place. Whilst there is some room for maneouvre, major unheralded (in recent times) changes such as giving them Lorne Street could be unfeasible or could end up in a mess.

The key for me is making sure we come away from the Country ground set up to finish the job at Vale Park. If the players are good enough we will get the job done.

Look at the bigger picture, if we gave Swindon the whole of Bycars and they managed to sell out, if they did that instead of being restricted to 1,600 through roping off part of the stand, that 50K+ lost. Thats 50K off DF's budget, or 50K less to spend on seats for the Lorne Street. Like a cup game this should be a chance to get some money into the club and we should make the most of that chance. I'm sure Carol et al are woking on ways to maximise the revenue for these games.

Regardless of what Swindon bring we just need the players to do their bit. Realise how big the occasion is; the chance to play at Wembley, the chance to have a promotion on their CV, the chance to play in a higher league. Get out there, play, silence the away fans and get the home fans roaring...

8 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

1. The chance of Swindon taking all 4K seats on a Thursday night when it is live on Sky is unlikely but

2. If Swindon have a good first leg and the game is in the balance they will bring a few more hoping to seal the deal

The problem is the plans need to be in place before the end of the first leg, and regardless the club will be bound by safety agreements that are already in place. Whilst there is some room for maneouvre, major unheralded (in recent times) changes such as giving them Lorne Street could be unfeasible or could end up in a mess.

The key for me is making sure we come away from the Country ground set up to finish the job at Vale Park. If the players are good enough we will get the job done.

Look at the bigger picture, if we gave Swindon the whole of Bycars and they managed to sell out, if they did that instead of being restricted to 1,600 through roping off part of the stand, that 50K+ lost. Thats 50K off DF's budget, or 50K less to spend on seats for the Lorne Street. Like a cup game this should be a chance to get some money into the club and we should make the most of that chance. I'm sure Carol et al are woking on ways to maximise the revenue for these games.

Regardless of what Swindon bring we just need the players to do their bit. Realise how big the occasion is; the chance to play at Wembley, the chance to have a promotion on their CV, the chance to play in a higher league. Get out there, play, silence the away fans and get the home fans roaring...

Do the club actually keep the gate receipts from play offs, or does it go to the EFLs pot? 

Screenshot_20220509-090550_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Fair comment but there’s also a principle at stake.  Also, I wouldn’t worry too much about the money at the semi-final stage.  I’d guess we get something off Sky for starters but the real money is to be made by a Wembley appearance and, hopefully, promotion. Either way, like you say, the players need to do their bit.

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

They had a 3 point deduction suspended because they didn't pay the wages in June. If you read through their history they've been dodgy in the past.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Says he or she been going since 1974.

Well we played them on a Sunday once in a top of the league clash, possibly Macari was manager and took a good 1200 plus. Also first game of the season in the Championship was on Central live again on a Sunday and we took good numbers. Swindle and Peterborough we never travel well, usually as fans tired of seeing a drubbing and it's a mundane nothingness place. 

Walsall, well, who knows why we got a reduced allocation but don't let that stop them thinking they are humungous by taking more than us.

Love how they say a paltry 5900. Clearly Swindle are massive . 

Pity Swindle didn't have Sutton and an allocation of about 350 i'd love to see the rant then.

I can't think of a club who it would be more fitting to beat after the stitch up v Hartlepool all those years ago.

Spot on.

Delusions of grandeur. Swindle fans live in the past. They think cos they used to be in a higher league it gives them a divine right to almost demand the whole of the away end.

Treat them the same...1200 tickets. There is no way on earth they will bring 4000 on a Thursday night

Archived