onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

5 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Speaking of sides playing silly beggars with ticket allocations, MK Dons have limited Wycombe to 2,000, despite most of the top tier around the whole stadium being empty and the lower tier of the away end being empty. Not only that, they have stuck the 2,000 Wycombe fans in the top tier and split the allocation between two sections.

Cant fault them

Advert

5 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Speaking of sides playing silly beggars with ticket allocations, MK Dons have limited Wycombe to 2,000, despite most of the top tier around the whole stadium being empty and the lower tier of the away end being empty. Not only that, they have stuck the 2,000 Wycombe fans in the top tier and split the allocation between two sections.

Nothing wrong with that. Top quality <ovf censored> housing. 

I would imagine Sky have a big say in any beam back provision, but would be ace if it can be laid on
I'm think they charge pubs etc by the square meter of space. Can't see why they would treat Vale Park any differently so the cost to the club would be astronomical.

10 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

You'd think Sky would be happy to do a deal really, they could have a camera on the fans then for reaction to goals etc. 

But they could do that with a camera focused on the away section at the actual game. 

Like them or loathe them, they've paid a lot of money for the rights - I can't imagine they will be interested in anything which sees them lose revenue. It's a commercial company, their job is to make as much money out of the football rights as they can, so if Sky are even willing to allow a big screen I would imagine it's going to be costly.

A beam back makes sense when the game isn’t on telly and able to be watched by any legal means.

But in this situation I imagine quite a few people will watch at home or at their local. The club might decide to put it on in the Valiant Suite, add a spot of Sunday lunch and see if that works. 

Not sure if this has been posted before (apologies if so). Ticket allocations for the other play-off semi-finals

• Mansfield (capacity 9,186) - away allocation 1,651 
  • Northampton (capacity 7,798) - away allocation 1,468 

12 minutes ago, Warren said:

Isn't Swindon's ground in "a bit of a state" which might affect overall attendance and away attendance. 

Yes very old stadium in need of a refurb. Old uncomfortable metal seats in the away end and that open end is worse than our family stand...

Last time I went to Swindon we conceded a hatful (≥ 5) and I think I got stung £25 to get in. I realise that doesn’t narrow down which game it was.

It’s never been an away fixture I’ve relished much partly because of our record there, partly because of the bloody journey and partly because we’ve probably been in the same division as them more than any other team in the 30+ years I’ve been going Vale regularly.

I might be getting it mixed up with Peterborough in my head but it’s not the worst stadium in the world, that stand reminds me of an old school building.

That side stand opposite looks decent, I think they opened that against us in 94 when we went there on the opening day. However I wouldn’t want to be in that open end with those Wembley style stools if I can help it. 

3 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Not being picky mate but why are the club making it difficult getting vale fans in the stand 

Newport announced as a home sell out.

8700 odd it turned out to be. 

20552 - 4500 Hamil = 16052.

- 1500 unfinished LS = 14552

- 1000 odd say for the family stand = 13500 home capacity without completed LS and family stand

8700 is a sell out from 13500 available seats? That's only 64%! Over a third of the capacity has been closed off.

That was why I said it's being made difficult to get even Vale fans in, never mind away fans. A third of the ground is off limits without an official explanation and instead we just get nonsense social media posts about the 'first home sellout since 1990'. We've had much more than at the Newport game several times. 

Whatever is decided by the clubs we have to go with it .
I personally feel if they are only going give us so many we only give them the same .
Only right this is not a normal game (s)this is a massive game the biggest we have had for many a year ,I'm sure Swindon have gone up come down etc so there fans just another game on there yo yo existence to us it's everything .
We have Vale supporting owners we have a manager who has being through hell and back ,we have supporters who have seen no success whatsoever (in recent history the highlight was a 4-1 defeat to Man City .
Our fans are buoyant bouncing they selling tickets for coaches without the tickets ,buzz is fantastic ,the team spirit within the group is magnificent so whatever with the tickets one thing for sure the whole of the Vale support network want this so badly .
Let's have the hamil as well as all the paddock and bycars and take the roof off the place you know it makes sense
UTV

Archived