onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Fun Bus has already sold out 4 coaches, and are running a 5th.
Is it not a risk that some of those booking on won't get tickets?
I've just said to me lad and nephew do you fancy going but 1 season ticket and 1 ten match doesn't stretch to 3 or I'd be booking go on one .
Thats the concern folk will be booking on coaches left right and centre but will they get a ticket

Advert

Glad the club are looking into swapping the Lorne Street and Hamil as the Hamil easily offers the best acoustics in the ground.

Also makes sense to give ourselves the extra 2,000 tickets for the home game as they won’t fill the Hamil on a Thursday night and the Lorne St would offer a far more comparable allocation to whatever we get from them.

4 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Also as far as the future is concerned, or at least next season Vale have already sold season tickets for Lorne Street/ Railway Paddock/Stand so again that cannot be reversed. If we are promoted we face having 4,000 appx away fans for the big games in a 10,000 maybe capacity stadium.

Not if we crack on and raise the money for the LS concourse. Those 2,500 brand new seats would really help bring the home/away proportions up. I know there's the John Rudge statue initiative but while that's a great idea it is three years till his 80th birthday.  I would argue that surely the immediate focus for the supporters club (and all fans) should be to complete the LS fundraising and then return to the statue fundraising efforts. Regardless of what else happens around the ground, we should be looking to get those 2,500 extra seats into use for the start of next season. Then crack on with the Rudgie fundraising.

Here's a link BTW - 

In terms of the delay, I can't see them moving the away fans to another section - that would surely cause an uproar. 

I can't imagine that the Hamil can be segregated either. The whole area outside is effectively fenced in for the away support so it would be really difficult to police if home fans were also queueing in there to go to their part of the stand. I can see the club lowering the away numbers to the same number than Swindon give us though.

I wonder if the delay is to have a chat with the city council safety officers to see if the home allocation can be increased? I guess that depending on what's needed, it could be worth the club engaging in temporary measures just for this game, if it means the number of home seats can be increased. I'm not sure what may be needed to comply but I guess there are some things - extra stewards to guide people in/out, temporary refreshment bars or toilets which are easier to put in than others - multiple exit points, new turnstiles etc.

For the new part of the Lorne St... is there any way that providing fans can actually get through to the seats (not sure how blocked up the concourse is, but clearly there will need to be a way out in case of emergency) and if so is there any way we could have a fenced off area behind that part of the stand with temporary turnstiles, toilets and a refreshment bar, allowing the seats in that part of the ground to be used? I'm not sure it's actually possible (especially if there is a great big gym blocking the concourse) but it would be great if there was a way to use all those empty seats or even just a few of them.

I guess it probably won't work because there's not enough time for it to be granted a safety certificate so the most likely option is to increase the capacity in the parts of the ground that are open.

In terms of the delay, I can't see them moving the away fans to another section - that would surely cause an uproar. 
I can't imagine that the Hamil can be segregated either. The whole area outside is effectively fenced in for the away support so it would be really difficult to police if home fans were also queueing in there to go to their part of the stand. I can see the club lowering the away numbers to the same number than Swindon give us though.
I wonder if the delay is to have a chat with the city council safety officers to see if the home allocation can be increased? I guess that depending on what's needed, it could be worth the club engaging in temporary measures just for this game, if it means the number of home seats can be increased. I'm not sure what may be needed to comply but I guess there are some things - extra stewards to guide people in/out, temporary refreshment bars or toilets which are easier to put in than others - multiple exit points, new turnstiles etc.
For the new part of the Lorne St... is there any way that providing fans can actually get through to the seats (not sure how blocked up the concourse is, but clearly there will need to be a way out in case of emergency) and if so is there any way we could have a fenced off area behind that part of the stand with temporary turnstiles, toilets and a refreshment bar, allowing the seats in that part of the ground to be used? I'm not sure it's actually possible (especially if there is a great big gym blocking the concourse) but it would be great if there was a way to use all those empty seats or even just a few of them.
I guess it probably won't work because there's not enough time for it to be granted a safety certificate so the most likely option is to increase the capacity in the parts of the ground that are open.

Them seats for other side of lorne Street should be used the fans going in them would come from hamil if we have the hamil and at half time if need go toilet go back in hamil I'm sure they could open a game for those of the weak bladder variety .
Sell every seat you can folk will defo come that be my take on it .
There should no empty seat Swindon will sell out lorne Street and Vale will sell out the rest of the ground hopefully .
UTV

39 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Glad the club are looking into swapping the Lorne Street and Hamil as the Hamil easily offers the best acoustics in the ground.

The club haven’t said this have they? 

In response to the Swindle fans,I went to the first game of the season that was televised when we lost 2-0 and Fjortoft scored twice. 

I'm sure we took more than 350.

Secondly,we only took 2245 to Walsall because that's all we were allowed to!

Finally I'll eat my hat if Swindle are bringing over 4000 on a Thursday night that is on Sky TV 

However we shouldn't mock the afflicted 

Let them crow about my dad is bigger than yours etc etc etc

22 hours ago, Joe B said:

Better to have the 8 ST limit so people aren't turning up with a wad of 20, but can I ask for transparency from the club on Tuesday night as to how many are actually left after sales to hospitality/player's families?

Would help people make informed decisions before having days off work/standing out for hours/travelling long distances. If there's only half left, be honest and tell the fans so a decision can be made. Unsure whether I'll go but can't have a re-run of Exeter.

As a side note, if they can do online sales for home tickets, why can't they do the same for away?

Totally agree. We queued from 5.45 for Exeter tickets and were no. 30 in the queue, when we got to the ticket office there were no seats left. We bought the standing tickets only because we had queued so long. Due to a bad back standing not really a good idea but after advertising for days managed to swap my standing for seats with someone who didnt want to sit.  I dont have a problem with people getting free tickets but agree club should inform us how many are actually for sale on the day.

Totally agree. We queued from 5.45 for Exeter tickets and were no. 30 in the queue, when we got to the ticket office there were no seats left. We bought the standing tickets only because we had queued so long. Due to a bad back standing not really a good idea but after advertising for days managed to swap my standing for seats with someone who didnt want to sit. My question is how did he get them & from who. I sat next 2 someone who had an envelope with 5 x players tickets written on it. Asked him if he was family or close friend, he said no.  I dont have a problem with people getting free tickets but agree club should inform us how many are actually for sale on the day.
Exactly this, great post

It’s an ongoing aged problem with tickets . This is what some success brings, people who go home and away during good or bad times suddenly find problems getting tickets as these get ‘taken’ by what I call ‘only when we’re winning’ turn ups . 
Aside from that there are also regulars who , and fair play they go to most games , also always seem to be in the best seats at restricted away games so again this cannot be random  ticket purchase . 
A fair number of tickets are obviously ‘distributed’ before they go on actual sale so we’re probably in a  ‘it’s who you know’ or ‘who you are’ scenario .

Good point from someone about ‘pre booked coaches’ before tickets are even on sale ? Not heard of any coaches being cancelled because of lack of match tickets , how does that work ? 50 + per coach all seem to manage to be able to ‘obtain’ a match ticket ?

It’s a difficult problem managing the old supply and demand with no perfect answer ,always going to be someone upset or disadvantaged . Unfortunately just lately it’s become an even bigger issue and not one that our ticket office in its current state is equipped to deal with. 

Archived