onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I'm not having a pop at you but why wouldn't it? Would some Keith Lard-esque character really stick their oar in because for one game, the same permitted amount of people sat in a stand would be wearing red shirts instead of white? It's pathetic bureaucracy. 

Ingress and egress is one of the major considerations of the certificate and particularly the interaction between rival supporters. 
I actually agree with you about the bureaucracy in football but with just a week to go there’s no way Vale will have the time to gain the regulatory approvals from the Council and Emergency Services unless this change is written into the conditions of the certification.

17 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Look and admire what MK Don's chairman has done. He has restricted Wycombe's allocation to 2000 for the 2nd leg even though they have a circa 30,000 capacity. Brilliant. Are you watching Carol?

Totally agree with that approach. Why should clubs, with bigger away capacities, disadvantage themselves?

I don't know what the club will do here.

The money might be nice, but the TV revenue will offset it easily. To have 8700 home fans v 4000 away fans is eroding 2nd leg home advantage massively. It's approaching neutral venue vibes.

4000 in one stand, compared to 8700 across three stands - much easier for them to make a lot of noise/

I can't see how we could be happy with a 66/33 split at VP compared to a 90/10 split at Swindon. With 1200 Swindon still get their 10% allocation. 

However, it's not my money/business and Carol has put a lot of cash in the last two seasons - she may see this as the dividend. Despite this, promotion will make the club a lot more money in the next 5 years than a full away end + no promotion would.

Considering all of the hassle of changing stands, the only thing I can see happening is a limit on Swindon's following.

I can see all the arguments and counter arguments on this make sense.

I'm in the give them a poor allocation camp.

But a lot will depend on the result of the first leg. Swindon hold the upper hand I can see decent numbers ,were we to hold the aces then maybe a Thursday night they might bring 1500. 

Either way our allocation down there is pathetic. 

I don't believe there is any extra TV money for these games as they are guaranteed games to be on so are included in the money all clubs get. The play off teams each get 25% of gate money from final and I think the semis as well
If both teams get 25% of the gate from the semi final games, then who gets the remaining 50%?! That doesn't make sense?

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, londonvale said:
I don't believe there is any extra TV money for these games as they are guaranteed games to be on so are included in the money all clubs get. The play off teams each get 25% of gate money from final and I think the semis as well

If both teams get 25% of the gate from the semi final games, then who gets the remaining 50%?! That doesn't make sense?

The EFL and I think it gets distributed to all the clubs..who get  a % or they use for funding stadium etc

12 minutes ago, londonvale said:

The EFL and I think it gets distributed to all the clubs..who get  a % or they use for funding stadium etc

As long as Scunthorpe get none of it after yesterday's shocking effort

Brilliant!

I couldn't give two hoots where they stick the Swindle fans...limit them to 1200 max.

Focus on sticking as many Vale fans in as possible. Use the Hamil End if possible...better facilities,covered area etc etc

All of this discussion aside, the decision has to be taken to ensure that Port Vale promotion is most likely. It'll recoup the £1m invested by Carol over the pandemic, and probably more as there will be more ST sales, more shirt sales due to extra positivity. The money made by extra tickets is pennies in comparison (3000 x £23 = 70k).

We should start on the basis of limiting Swindon to the same % of fans as we will get at the County Ground, and work from there. I still think, logistically, we'll end up just shutting off 75% of the Hamil and shoving 1000 Swindon fans in the far corner.

I'd hope the club's relationship with the police would prompt some cooperation around partitioning the Hamil Road end, with separate entrances for each set of fans and an agreement to hold Swindon fans back whatever the result to ensure swift departure.

After witnessing their behaviour post-Oldham, and their blaming of the supporters, I fear they'll be very resistant to any initiative that complicates their jobs

Archived