onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Advert

56 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I think segregating the Hamil rd will throw up too many logistic issues. I do think the Lorne st stand being the away end could work , section off an area for away coaches to drop off on the top of the car park

. The area is probably better distanced from home fans for anyone parking and walking to the ground than the Hamil.

By the time away fans leave the ground a natural segregation will have formed with fans leaving from the paddock and Hamil rd .

Would take a bit of work , but would give them an allocation similar to ours and I think give us a better advantage.

We’ve seen the effect a full away end can have in the Bristol game and even Oldham with a large following seemed to up their game.

A packed Hamil / bycars / paddock would have us bouncing to Wembley.

Season tickets not in play so other than the ‘but I sit there every week’ … well that’s probably why we don’t get promoted, keeping it safe.

Let’s try something new and mix it up , as what’s come in the last few big home games ain’t worked.

If not … please Connor hall …personal message . Put Harry mckirdy into the stand very early please … cheers mate x

He will have to get out of his pocket first.

I think anywhere other than the hamill road being for away fans throws up too many problems at this late stage. But no doubt in my mind we should not give them the full end. Even if there’s a demand from swindon to sell it out, we need every advantage that we can get. 

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think anywhere other than the hamill road being for away fans throws up too many problems at this late stage. But no doubt in my mind we should not give them the full end. Even if there’s a demand from swindon to sell it out, we need every advantage that we can get. 

This was the point I was trying to make.

I don't care that Walsall gave up parts of their ground to accommodate 3500. Swindle could give Vale fans the max 3300 if they wanted,as per their ground description for away fans. They choose not to. We could give them 4K (or whatever it holds as per the description for away fans). Just choose not to...give em 1200...tit for tat

7 hours ago, Conrad said:

Sticking Swindle fans in the Railway could be a recipe for disaster.

Fair point,but I'd do as little as possible to accommodate their fans. They have already made their decision so we can make an early one and just limit the amount. It's happened to Vale on numerous occasions this season

9 hours ago, Vital Spark said:

We have a huge ground that is becoming more and more unfit for purpose.

Have to disagree. I think we've got a fabulous stadium that is one of the best in the bottom two divisions. We've got seats, toilets, catering, corporate boxes, parking, an excellent club shop, training pitches, a gym and regular fan zones. I'm not sure what people expect or want from somewhere they visit for a couple of hours every fortnight.

If you want to see "unfit for purpose" get to Barrow and Harrogate.

I cant understand why we have not had plans in place weeks ago (I dont know we might have).

You do the most to gain advantage, you dont want thousand of away fans singing away. If they fill the hamil they will out sing us and we dont want that.

Interesting to look at the 4 clubs away capacity.

Mansfield 1200  Northampton 1200  Swindon 1200

Vale 4000+

So we are going to be struggling for tickets either way especially as it's on a Sunday...

I really don't expect Swindon to bring loads on a Thursday night whatever the outcome of the first leg. Their forum talking of around 1600...

2 hours ago, smada said:

Can we re open the family stand and give them that, they can park at the bottom end of the Synectics car park right next to the entrance gate?

I don’t think the family stand is fit for purpose on health and safety grounds

Those now calling for away fans to be housed in areas other than the Hamil are wasting their breath. The time constraints on getting the necessary arrangements in place mean we are stuck with what we currently have.

Also as far as the future is concerned, or at least next season Vale have already sold season tickets for Lorne Street/ Railway Paddock/Stand so again that cannot be reversed. If we are promoted we face having 4,000 appx away fans for the big games in a 10,000 maybe capacity stadium.

For the fans new to play offs 🙂 A quick guide, if you are going to Swindon allow your nails to grow all week, second measure required is to sing really loud, gets rid of tension. Once done you can relax and enjoy the game. Then the home game, well that is the time to up the game, book Friday off or you will be phoning in sick UTV see you @ Wembley

34 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Interesting to look at the 4 clubs away capacity.

Mansfield 1200  Northampton 1200  Swindon 1200

Vale 4000+

So we are going to be struggling for tickets either way especially as it's on a Sunday...

I really don't expect Swindon to bring loads on a Thursday night whatever the outcome of the first leg. Their forum talking of around 1600...

Mansfield’s away stand holds 1900 not 1200 unless there’s some reductions for safety I’m not aware of.

For the fans new to play offs  A quick guide, if you are going to Swindon allow your nails to grow all week, second measure required is to sing really loud, gets rid of tension. Once done you can relax and enjoy the game. Then the home game, well that is the time to up the game, book Friday off or you will be phoning in sick UTV see you @ Wembley
And don't forget that away goals don't count as a determining factor in the event that the aggregate score is level at the end of the second leg

4 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Giving the away fans the Lorne St won’t comply with the ground’s safety certificate so won’t happen as there’s insufficient time to get this reviewed before the game.

I'm not having a pop at you but why wouldn't it? Would some Keith Lard-esque character really stick their oar in because for one game, the same permitted amount of people sat in a stand would be wearing red shirts instead of white? It's pathetic bureaucracy. 

Archived