onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Joe B

Interesting one this.....Take the money off Swindon, don't know what the revenue would be from a full Hamil but it would be a nice little pay day.....or give them what they give us 1200......Stuff 'em give them 1200......Sorry Kevin needs must !

Advert

As already said, just limit them to 1200 at our place. Never mind the money from the gate receipts, if them having a reduced allocation means it gives them less of an advantage then do it Carol.  Our home fans capacity is less than 10,000 isn’t it due to stadium restrictions? So if we gave them the full hamill end that means that near enough 50% of the fans attending would be away fans, that’s not right at all, I don’t think we should do that. 

10 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

As already said, just limit them to 1200 at our place. Never mind the money from the gate receipts, if them having a reduced allocation means it gives them less of an advantage then do it Carol.  Our home fans capacity is less than 10,000 isn’t it due to stadium restrictions? So if we gave them the full hamill end that means that near enough 50% of the fans attending would be away fans, that’s not right at all, I don’t think we should do that. 

This. They absolutely should not have a single ticket over what we have to give them. No more playing nice from us as far as I’m concerned. Find somewhere in the most restricted view section we can find and give them the bare minimum. The Hamil should be the home end going forward.

2 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

This. They absolutely should not have a single ticket over what we have to give them. No more playing nice from us as far as I’m concerned. Find somewhere in the most restricted view section we can find and give them the bare minimum. The Hamil should be the home end going forward.

In the league game in January Swindon brought 700 fans.

Give em 1200...it's almost double what they brought before.

Use every advantage possible. It's not about the money...chances are it's on Sky anyway so Vale will get money 

I really don't want a repeat of the Bristol game where their players are backed by over 2000 fans.

Remember the Southampton FA cup game at home? Let home fans have the Hamil End and stick the Swindon fans in the top of the Railway. I'm sure Vale fans in the Paddock won't mind for one game

26 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Use every advantage possible. It's not about the money...chances are it's on Sky anyway so Vale will get money 

I really don't want a repeat of the Bristol game where their players are backed by over 2000 fans.

Remember the Southampton FA cup game at home? Let home fans have the Hamil End and stick the Swindon fans in the top of the Railway. I'm sure Vale fans in the Paddock won't mind for one game

Yep that Southampton cup night remember it well. We stuck their fans up in that old cage they used to have in the Railway. Obviously wouldn’t be allowed do that these days but put them in the Lorne Street and then home fans at either end. It’s always bugged me that the Hamil is the stand with the best acoustics so why are we giving that to away teams. Let’s make home advantage mean something

45 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Sticking Swindle fans in the Railway could be a recipe for disaster.

The most straightforward and cost effective way to do this is put them in the Lorne Street to reciprocate their small allocation allowance, Vale pack out the Hamil with access via the Paddock. Away end car park segregated as normal, from there Swindon walk round to the LS. Line of stewards on Bycars lane to segregate that side. 

This is perfectly doable with some initiative and common sense decision making. Even segregated off behind the Hamil end for the benefit of the Police (to the detriment of home fans queueing times)

There's absolutely no way Swindon would be allowed in the Railway Stand as mentioned above. The club is being difficult this season about just trying to get bloody Vale fans in there, nevermind an away side. 

Let's give them the Lorne Street,the other 3 ends Vale and open the family stand and fill every space and create a atmosphere fitting for a team heading to the final (one hopes ).
You've earned this Carol you and your staff,make sure the away following for them is the same allocated to us, from them the only problem with giving limited tickets especially if first leg ends 0-0 is they might try buy in our ends but I think we should use the hamil as a home end moving forwards and be great have great noise all around the ground for the Vale .

UTV

"TO QUALIFY" (365)....

VALE  4/7

SWINDLETON 5/4

MANSFIELD 11/10

NORTHAMPTON 4/6

Part of the reason for this is that Vale & Northampton are at home in the second leg.....

We should give Swindon exactly the SAME number of tickets as they give to us.....

I think segregating the Hamil rd will throw up too many logistic issues. I do think the Lorne st stand being the away end could work , section off an area for away coaches to drop off on the top of the car park

. The area is probably better distanced from home fans for anyone parking and walking to the ground than the Hamil.

By the time away fans leave the ground a natural segregation will have formed with fans leaving from the paddock and Hamil rd .

Would take a bit of work , but would give them an allocation similar to ours and I think give us a better advantage.

We’ve seen the effect a full away end can have in the Bristol game and even Oldham with a large following seemed to up their game.

A packed Hamil / bycars / paddock would have us bouncing to Wembley.

Season tickets not in play so other than the ‘but I sit there every week’ … well that’s probably why we don’t get promoted, keeping it safe.

Let’s try something new and mix it up , as what’s come in the last few big home games ain’t worked.

If not … please Connor hall …personal message . Put Harry mckirdy into the stand very early please … cheers mate x

Archived