Tom pope testimonial

Question for the supporters club 

Is there anything happening about this as time is getting on

It was a pretty sad ending for Tom who left during covid and no fans present this guy deserves a proper send off 

Any updates please 

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rayzer said:

I hope this game does not happen. I would have been first in the queue for his testimonial under normal circumstances but the way he left the club and his digs at the club showed his lack of class and to me does not now deserve a testimonial. I might be among a minority but I will not give him any of my money.

These games are normally for players with 10 years service aren't they?

If Pope gets one then Dodds should too

Edited by WV

Advert:

I agree with the critics points, but ultimately the guy is a club legend. If Pope, a 2nd highest ever goal scorer and 3 time player of the year doesn’t get a testimonial who would? 

People have short memories. Yes I thought he was past it for ages and yes I think personally he is a tool with his social media and mouthing off (I hear and got the impression he was fond of Smurfwaite too) but he is a true great of the club. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WV said:

These games are normally for players with 10 years service aren't they?

If Pope gets one then Dodds should too

Wouldn’t have a problem with that?! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree with the critics points, but ultimately the guy is a club legend. If Pope, a 2nd highest ever goal scorer and 3 time player of the year doesn’t get a testimonial who would? 

Players with 10 years service like every other club? Players who don't get paid to slag us off in the paper? 

Edited by WV
  • Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

People have short memories. Yes I thought he was past it for ages and yes I think personally he is a tool with his social media and mouthing off (I hear and got the impression he was fond of Smurfwaite too) but he is a true great of the club. 

Apart from this 

Some short memories on this thread.  Yes, he has acted like a bit of a tit since he left but realistically we would probably be in the Football League without him now.  He is our post-war leading goalscorer and an absolute legend.  I only think he said the negative things he said because he was hurt.  One slightly iffy podcast interview should not detract from the outstanding service he gave to this club.

• Like 3

Advert: