Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

40 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Is that you causing the rumour mill all over twitter then 😂

Fans will be paranoid thinking united are in for Conlon next.

Scunthorpe are after Conlon - damn 😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Advert:

Think he may be gone at the earliest opportunity… was considered a chance worth taking on the cheap but not upto league 1 I don’t think… no need throw him in at the deep management see him day in day out and his performance stats are measured and compared to his peers..,,. Then a decision is made I suppose. Horrible game in the lower leagues unfortunately 
I disagree, from what I can gather he is very highly rated at the club.
  • Like 2

Monday will be the day we start hearing things. There's possibly less than 2 weeks before preseason, so I'd imagine we've sorted some signings and those out of contract already.

Gibbons would be a loss but equally we coped without him for large parts of the season. If a big league 1 or championship club came in for him, it must be tempting to want to try and play at a higher level.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

3 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Wasn’t he rumoured to be moving, for money, to Sheff Utd in Jan before his injury kippered it??? In hindsight, given his impact in the last few games, that injury could have been a blessing even if he now leaves for nowt, disappointing as that would be.

With hindsight, now we know all the facts that was a ploy to dampen down fan expectations and let the team bed in without pressure. Especially due to the turnaround of the players.

This season I suspect  there will be an emphasis on a good start, fixtures permitting, to keep momentum from the end of last season. It will basically be the same starting 11 baring 2-3 players max.

Would love Gibbo to stay but would understand him leaving if he gets interest from the top end of L1 or from the Championship as a football career is short and the chance may not come again.

Personally I’m not sure whether he will get Championship offers based on his injury record. Last 4 seasons he has played in 101 games out of about 210 because of injuries.

If he does leave the recent record of the process would suggest we will find a suitable replacement.

Advert:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

If he does leave the recent record of the process would suggest we will find a suitable replacement.

You’d Hope so. I guess the question for the club would be can we get someone as effective and good without breaking the bank. 

Edited by PV1973

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

That's a different way to do a signing photo...

I reckon we out do them and unveil the next player in Wrights pie.

FB_IMG_1655577216841.jpg

Maybe they're planning a season loan to Tesco, providing cover for Shane who fills soft drinks...!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert:

Not sure why Lard keep getting mentioned re Gibbo they are shopping at Lidl these days not Waitrose 
I think they might struggle again. They're up against some much bigger budgets and they've had to really tighten their belts. Lots of youngsters combined with players released from other teams at the same level spells disaster to me. Plus 90% of them are against the manager.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Strong rumours of Gibbo signing for Wigan. Really hope it's not true.

Agreed - but no one is bigger than the club, and if he does go a suitable replacement will follow.

• Like 1

Advert:

57 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Wigan deal now reported on all social media platforms but until its announced officially there is hope. 

Had a search on Twitter and can’t see anything at all on there yet. It would be sad if he went - especially on a free - but as others have mentioned I’d have faith that DC and DF would find a suitable replacement. 

To be honest it’s the not knowing that’s the killer. If he was to go then I hope we’re put out of our misery soon

• Like 2

With Gibbo being 24, would that mean we wouldn’t be due any compensation either? I would be gutted, fantastic player but like others I wouldn’t begrudge him for the move up - it’s just a real shame that we won’t get anything for him