onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I think I read something about 5 substitutions being allowed next season.

If thats the case I can see a lot more half time substitutions to mix up tactics. Think Taylor is perfect for our squad as adds something a bit different and i think will get more game time next season if he stays and keeps fit.

Advert

This is the most egregious overrating of a player I've ever seen. Good lord.

He was great at Wembley. He played the equivalent of three 90s last season and hasn't played well consistently since pre-Covid. He was rubbish at Scunny and Clarke wasn't interested when he was appointed last February.

Calm down lads. He's a good player who has rarely played for 2.5 years. 

If we are talking about getting rid of squad players, there are at least 5 ahead of Taylor in the 'get shot of' list. I'd really like to see him stay at the club. I think if we can get him playing at his best, he'll be fine in League One. My judgment might be tainted as I don't like to see things not work out but (and I'm aware that you can't give out contracts for one pass) that shimmy and pass at Wembley will live long in the memory.

2 months ago I would have said get rid. I didn't rate him at all and thought that people had rose tinted glasses after his successful loan spell. But he stood out as one of the best players on the pitch at Wembley and that turn and also the pass for Worrall shows someone who has ability way above league 2. He was poor against Bristol Rovers but was played in completely the wrong position but he seems to have gained fitness and strength conditioning since then. If you can get 30+ games out of him then he has the ability to change a game. He seems a bit quiet and passive sometimes...I'd like the coaching team to put some fire in his belly and then we would have a real asset.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I do worry about Gibbo signing.

He is a great player and I am sure he would prefer to stay.

If he were to sign a 3 year deal and have a reoccurrence of injuries similar to those that he has had the last couple of years then it would be very unlikely that anyone including us would offer him a deal similar to those that I would have thought may be on offer at them moment to him.

If his agent is any good at his job he will have told Gibbo this numerous times and made sure he realises that with some bad luck this could be his only opportunity at earning silly money. I hope that Gibbo ignores him and does what he wants to do and also that the injuries he has had over the last few years have frightened any championship clubs off offering him the silly money they consider to be peanuts.

3 hours ago, bomber said:

Morecambe! Amazed they have kept hold of Stockton a 40 odd games a season man with two seasons of twenty plus goals! Why would one of the big money teams have not snapped him up. Pinching Jake Taylor no no , he’s a prospect unless he is unhappy. Can’t see it as a progressive move for him

Some of his goals have been crackers as well,I am sure he will be on the move this summer unless he feels that Morecambe are the right fit for him

2 hours ago, Mellor! said:

I see trusting the process lasted long 

I trust it ten fold and if we let Morecambe have Taylor then they will think it is for the clubs benefit and will also have a player lined up to replace him.

Lets not forget that during the season Sproson said live on air how unhappy Taylor was at the club and the majority on here like it or not jumped on that and said if he isn't happy he can leave rather than maybe cause any unrest in the camp(not saying he has by the way)

Lets not be blinded by the last 2 performances,we know the talent is there but we dont know what the management see or think,so they have my backing no matter what,they have rarely got it wrong imo

23 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I do worry about Gibbo signing.

He is a great player and I am sure he would prefer to stay.

If he were to sign a 3 year deal and have a reoccurrence of injuries similar to those that he has had the last couple of years then it would be very unlikely that anyone including us would offer him a deal similar to those that I would have thought may be on offer at them moment to him.

If his agent is any good at his job he will have told Gibbo this numerous times and made sure he realises that with some bad luck this could be his only opportunity at earning silly money. I hope that Gibbo ignores him and does what he wants to do and also that the injuries he has had over the last few years have frightened any championship clubs off offering him the silly money they consider to be peanuts.

Gibbo imo will sign and there will be clauses inserted for the benefit of us and him regarding injuries or interest from bigger clubs,for me if he stays fit there is no doubt he can play in the Championship and that proved with the interest from Sheff Utd

36 minutes ago, Joe B said:

This is the most egregious overrating of a player I've ever seen. Good lord.

He was great at Wembley. He played the equivalent of three 90s last season and hasn't played well consistently since pre-Covid. He was rubbish at Scunny and Clarke wasn't interested when he was appointed last February.

Calm down lads. He's a good player who has rarely played for 2.5 years. 

He’s a very good player who had a big impact in quite a few games considering he’s not been close to fit. He was the only reason we won at Hartlepool and was outstanding against Swindon and Mansfield. Some of his passing at Wembley was excellent. The only issue i have with him is his injury record. He’s been out for a long time, took time to get going and towards end of the season was excellent. We will clearly have someone lined up who they team obviously think is an upgrade, and I trust them 100%. Just think it’s a shame if we let him go over Charsley. For me, he’s a great back up to Conlon, so if Taylor leaves, I’d expect us to be signing someone as good as / better than Conlon to play whilst he’s injured 

10 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Gibbo imo will sign and there will be clauses inserted for the benefit of us and him regarding injuries or interest from bigger clubs,for me if he stays fit there is no doubt he can play in the Championship and that proved with the interest from Sheff Utd

He’s definitely good enough, but I think his injury record will put sides off. I think he will sign as well, like you say with clauses 

Based on Taylor’s performance against Bristol Rovers I would drive him there myself for a bag of footballs

Based on his performance at Wembley I would wants a decent fee.

The good thing these days is that if we decide to sell him, I have all faith it will done for the right reasons and  in us finding a replacement that improves us!

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

As much as I like Taylor, can we rely on him to be our main creative midfielder until Conlon is back?

He's not had a run of games since he got injured at Man City in January 2020. 

Undoubted talent but I can see why The Matrix would consider moving him on for someone more reliable in terms of availability. He'll probably go elsewhere, play 40 games, and be a massive success, but do we take the risk in keeping him on and filling the Conlon role for 15-20 games? Does he want to stay at a club in which his role is the same as the club captain?

I think Conlon is a good League 2 holding midfield player. But I am suspecting at League 1 level he will be far less effective when asked to play at a higher pace, with better tacklers and better defenders who see what he is trying to do coming. Taylor is not the same as Conlon because he is more of a runner and passer rather than stand on the ball and look for a pass type player. I am curious why Morecambe can be interested in Taylor because I think he is way better than Morecambe level and so are Port Vale as a whole. So unless some signalling has taken place and Port Vale are prepared to trade I would 100% want to keep Taylor who performed well at Wembley. I think he could be really useful at League 1 level. So a view might be taken on how fit he can stay, and we can't afford to have the level of injuries we had in 2021/22 in League 2 because its 4 down in League 1 and the top of the division is full of big clubs. But Conlon has quite a bit to do to convince me he is a really good League 1 player and Taylor less so.

18 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Based on Taylor’s performance against Bristol Rovers I would drive him there myself for a bag of footballs

Based on his performance at Wembley I would wants a decent fee.

The good thing these days is that if we decide to sell him, I have all faith it will done for the right reasons and  in us finding a replacement that improves us!

The Bristol game proved he isn’t a holding midfielder (I’m sure Pett and Walker were both out that day). Taylor’s best position is where we saw him at Wembley, but I don’t see him and Conlon both starting  together playing that role. 

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The Bristol game proved he isn’t a holding midfielder (I’m sure Pett and Walker were both out that day). Taylor’s best position is where we saw him at Wembley, but I don’t see him and Conlon both starting  together playing that role. 

Yes I agree with that - we couldn't get a balanced midfield out there that day. In addition Taylor was still in comeback mode both in fitness terms and having game time. They were a strong League 2 and we couldn't match them. They won easily. 

Archived