Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

3 minutes ago, mikey said:

I wouldnt be surprised if he turned up here, but also Bradford or Mansfield might be his new home.

Bradford have just lost Vernom to Lincoln and Mansfield missed out on their number 1 target John Brayford who has stayed at Burton.

Might mean they can throw a bit more wages Telfords way in a  last min attempt?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don’t think so mate. If you watch his goals last season he scored so many different types and his movement is excellent in and around the box. A really tricky player. 

He isn't afraid to get into the six yard box when the ball is knocked across the face of goal which is great to see, has a natural instinct for where the ball will land. He isn't afraid to take on a man or two either. 

Different positions but there is something of the Politic about him, it's a very loose comparison but it is there for sure.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Bradford have just lost Vernom to Lincoln and Mansfield missed out on their number 1 target John Brayford who has stayed at Burton.

Might mean they can throw a bit more wages Telfords way in a  last min attempt?

I suspect the deal is done for Telford wherever he is going

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Just on the Britton rumour it started a week ago when an EFL blogger on YouTube presented his picks for 'one transfer for every club'. He said he struggled to find anybody Vale needed but picked Britton as a useful addition to the Vale squad. 

Never say never but IF he signs then the 15 year old kid doing the blog needs to get a job as a scout. For the record I can't see that any of his other 23 picks have signed.

Bristol's local newspaper reported it 6 weeks ago. 

Edited by Doha

Advert:

Be a real sign of intent if we manage to sign dom telford. Will show how far we have come as a club signing a proven goalscorer who im sure will have plenty of offers from clubs. Were used to picking up other peoples scraps and unheard of players hoping they turn good. Will be really impressed if we manage to secure him. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Be a real sign of intent if we manage to sign dom telford. Will show how far we have come as a club signing a proven goalscorer who im sure will have plenty of offers from clubs. Were used to picking up other peoples scraps and unheard of players hoping they turn good. Will be really impressed if we manage to secure him. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

The point of the club system is to unearth bargains, is Telford value for money or a one season wonder?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

The point of the club system is to unearth bargains, is Telford value for money or a one season wonder?

We will need some abit more than bargains if we are to stay in the league imo. We need some proven experience i believe from players who have at least played some league one football. 
I’m very surprised we haven’t heard re Gibbo yet which I think means he’s probably having interest from else where and I’d like to see Proctor and Benning signed up asap. 
It’s all quiet on rumours etc and I’m guessing things are being kept very tight lipped within the club. 

Advert:

Just now, Jgpvfc said:

We will need some abit more than bargains if we are to stay in the league imo. We need some proven experience i believe from players who have at least played some league one football. 
I’m very surprised we haven’t heard re Gibbo yet which I think means he’s probably having interest from else where and I’d like to see Proctor and Benning signed up asap. 
It’s all quiet on rumours etc and I’m guessing things are being kept very tight lipped within the club. 

Gibbo was only back from holiday a couple of days ago. I suspect he's probably been in for negotiations this week & a decision will be expected by the start of next week, giving him time to consider all options over the weekend.

I think next week will be a busy week for us.

Ben Fox, Grimsby midfielder and man of the match at the play-off final rejects a new contract and is moving on. Hes Staffordshire born also. Do we need a midfileder?

14 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Normally when a player announces a departure like he has done on social media, the announcement around his new club is imminent. I'd expect us to know where he's going by the end of the day.

There’s no way he’s announced he’s leaving without having something in place. Wouldn’t surprise me that if he’s not on our radar if he was on someone’s like Stockport, they’ve got money to burn it seems. 

2 minutes ago, mikey said:

Ben Fox, Grimsby midfielder and man of the match at the play-off final rejects a new contract and is moving on. Hes Staffordshire born also. Do we need a midfileder?

no, but Northampton clearly do

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He’s definitely signed / got a deal in place somewhere, just where. As above wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Stockport but I would certainly have him down the vale. Would love Azaz as well

Edited by valiant_593

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Essex Boy said:

Assuming nobody else leaves, does anybody know how many over-aged players we can still sign for next season ?

Is that even a thing? Pretty sure there isnt something in place for having to many older players. If there is thats the first ive ever heard of it