Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

16 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Louis Britton from Bristol City? Never heard of him or seen him play - scored a few in Ireland - looks like one Dc and Df could take a punt on 

your in the wrong place mate - this is the "what kind of crap did you have for tea" thread 😍😍😍😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Advert:

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Louis Britton from Bristol City? Never heard of him or seen him play - scored a few in Ireland - looks like one Dc and Df could take a punt on 

An Irish Punt? In for a penny...

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, newchapel valiant said:

Did you have onion sauce,chicken or pork has to be accompanied with onion sauce in our house

No.

Chicken has to have gravy in our house as I find it too dry!

Just on the Britton rumour it started a week ago when an EFL blogger on YouTube presented his picks for 'one transfer for every club'. He said he struggled to find anybody Vale needed but picked Britton as a useful addition to the Vale squad. 

Never say never but IF he signs then the 15 year old kid doing the blog needs to get a job as a scout. For the record I can't see that any of his other 23 picks have signed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Reading back up this thread never in a million years would you guess the title of the topic.  Not a chance.  I would strongly urge everyone to pray to whoever you call God asking that a mole with the club will manifest themselves.

I don't think Speedy will be pleased if he finds out there are moles at Vale Park😜

Edited by mbycars

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:

For obvious reasons the club is keeping tight wrapped. I believe eho wee needed is largley signed and sealed and the club will release i formation at due time.

The 30th is when contracts expire.

Far too sensible that mate, but I totally agree.👍

53 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Official confirmation that Telford will not sign his new deal at Newport

Worst kept secret.

A very long list of L1,L2 clubs and Wrexham I’m sure have been in talks with him and his agent for a long time.Who doesn’t need a 20+ goal scorer?

If we signed him,David “Merlin” Flitcroft should receive a knighthood.

58 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Official confirmation that Telford will not sign his new deal at Newport 

Wonder if he could be a good foil for a Wilson or a proctor. I still think it would be a chance we’re taking if we went got him, last season could have been a flash in the pan. 

Advert:

Just now, PV1973 said:

Wonder if he could be a good foil for a Wilson or a proctor. I still think it would be a chance we’re taking if we went got him, last season could have been a flash in the pan. 

I don’t think so mate. If you watch his goals last season he scored so many different types and his movement is excellent in and around the box. A really tricky player. 

• Like 2

On 12/06/2022 at 09:10, philmpv said:

As for Jones, I thought he was great during those first few months. The back 3 of him, Smith and Cass really complemented each other, with Smith being the rock, Cass dribbling it out from the back, making surging runs and some great crosses, and Jones playing those precision long raking cross field balls from deep, not to mention his long throw. Shame he lost his place but Hall took his chance and Jones somehow has to hope he gets another chance and takes it

Jones had an injury for at least 3 of the games in the run up to getting sent off, but played on as we didnt have any fit players to fill his place., so you have to commend him for doing that for the team. He was fit coming back into the team against Bristol but got wiped out by the keeper which resulted in another injury, just bad luck.

I agree, he was one of our best players up until just before he was sent off, but the injury probably explains a bit of a drop off in a couple of those games

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don’t think so mate. If you watch his goals last season he scored so many different types and his movement is excellent in and around the box. A really tricky player. 

That’s what I love about our process… IF (huge if) we went for him, it won’t simply be because of his goals last year. It will be because they know the way he plays and have plans to make the most out of that without our system.

• Like 3