onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

20 minutes ago, robf said:

Four players have been released by Ipswich. They include our loan keeper Tomas Holy (I suspect we won't be interested in him) and perennial Port Vale transfer rumour target James Norwood - 

I think Norwood will have his pick of clubs with his record(Tranmere will be surely interested),should be interest from League one level surely

I hope that we don’t have to do a major rebuild, seems an annual process. The majority of the players have now been brought into the club by this management team, so they should be players that they’ve rated. TBH fed up of bringing in loads of players, don’t think it actually strengthens the team that much. Yes some transfers will workout and others won’t, that’s how it works.We need some consistency and if we don’t make the PO’s finishing 8th its a good platform to work from for next season. I still believe that we will make the PO’s. Also I hope that our retained list is put out quickly so that players who’ve served our club can start looking for alternative employment, straight away.

One name mentioned for us was David Ferguson at Hartlepool... he was the LWB who nearly headed it back past his own keeper (leading to a goalmouth scramble from the keeper).

Anyway... wont be him, he has just signed a new deal at Hartlepool.

I also loved this… one of set up a fake Twitter page, called himself a fake agent and started spreading news a few seasons back.

He outlines here how a load of rumour sites started copying him.

All to demonstrate how most of its made up.

That said I LOVE a signing rumour so keep em coming!

28 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I hope that we don’t have to do a major rebuild, seems an annual process. The majority of the players have now been brought into the club by this management team, so they should be players that they’ve rated. TBH fed up of bringing in loads of players, don’t think it actually strengthens the team that much. Yes some transfers will workout and others won’t, that’s how it works.We need some consistency and if we don’t make the PO’s finishing 8th its a good platform to work from for next season. I still believe that we will make the PO’s. Also I hope that our retained list is put out quickly so that players who’ve served our club can start looking for alternative employment, straight away.

I suspect most of the out of contract players have started looking already. That is probably part of the reason for our decline in performance for the last 3 games.

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I suspect most of the out of contract players have started looking already. That is probably part of the reason for our decline in performance for the last 3 games.

No it’s not, if out of contract players think they are leaving, they would be putting themselves in the shop window.

2 minutes ago, jeffers said:

No it’s not, if out of contract players think they are leaving, they would be putting themselves in the shop window.

Nice idea but despite any good intentions on the part of the players, the threat of impending redundancy usually has a detrimental effect on performance. 

Hello peeps, 

I’ve got two tickets spare for Exeter away (Standing) after being let down by a couple of friends after the last result. 

£20 each if anyone wants them just so I can recover my costs plus I can deliver them to anywhere in the Staffordshire area.

Im still going the game with my Dad and Nephew as we feel it’s absolutely massive for our football club so why not give them one last push in the 46 game regular season and join the other 1,300 Valiants in our search for a result and possible promotion to league one ! 

UTV, SVA, Let’s Ave It 💪🖤🤍🙌

Nice idea but despite any good intentions on the part of the players, the threat of impending redundancy usually has a detrimental effect on performance. 
I see you're starting early on your 'what a terrible man DC is to release players' ahead of the summer break. Give it a rest RZ. Judging by your posts since DC took charge, you'd only be happy if we'd kept all of last year's team at the end of last season, keep all of this years and last year's at the end of this season, and repeat ad infinitum. It's getting really boring

56 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I see you're starting early on your 'what a terrible man DC is to release players' ahead of the summer break. Give it a rest RZ. Judging by your posts since DC took charge, you'd only be happy if we'd kept all of last year's team at the end of last season, keep all of this years and last year's at the end of this season, and repeat ad infinitum. It's getting really boring

This post clearly isn’t aimed at you @philmpv. But I only see the poster you quoted when someone quotes him so had to quote your quote of them.

It’s clearly obvious that other teams who are having a good run at the end of the season are not suffering this phenomenon… but every poster can see where he is going with this post. It’s sickening.

It’s a stupid comment by someone with a frankly embarrassing vendetta. Normally ignoring it is sufficient but given their willingness to continue it after what DC has been through is disgusting.

The silence on the topic when it happened was bad enough… pilling back in now just makes him an awful person in my book.

Please don’t quote him.

I encourage admin to have a good hard look at the posters intentions.

I encourage @Rampant Zebra to reflect long and hard about the type of person they want to be… because this version is horrible.

Archived