• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I wonder how much longer those offered new deals have to accept or decline them,dont you have a time limit?

I think the first league game is only 6 weeks on Saturday 😮 

Most contracts run up until the end of June, so I'd expect us to start hearing news in the next couple of weeks, ahead of pre season.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple of announcements this week to get the ball rolling.

Gibbo is back from his hols & Mal is due back from holiday this week.

I'm pretty confident Gibbo signs & I reckon there might be an extension for Smithy as well.

Edited by ValeForever.

Advert:

6 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Seems like an age, can't wait for it to get going again.

For context as you say the first game is 6 weeks this Saturday.

It is also 6 weeks this Saturday since Exeter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Most contracts run up until the end of June, so I'd expect us to start hearing news in the next couple of weeks, ahead of pre season.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple of announcements this week to get the ball rolling.

Gibbo is back from his hols (where he got engaged to Tom Conlon's sister) & Mal is due back from holiday this week.

I'm pretty confident Gibbo signs & I reckon there might be an extension for Smithy as well.

I think an extension would take Smith to a testimonial as he first played in 2014 if i remember correctly 

Advert:

12 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Well we did sing his name a lot, loved it when the chant went up at Wembley. Anyone heard from Ryan Burge ?

I ask the magpie on my areal to look out for him. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Didn't we get a fee? So we headhunted serial promotion winner DC off them even more cheaply when you consider the Rodney fee. Amazing.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I reckon they've cut losses and lost some fair wedge on Dave. Rumoured to have paid us 75 grand. 

Our DOF is next level sourcerer. To be fair to Walsall they aren't the only club he did a number on last season. 

That powerpoint presentation must be incredible.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Well we did sing his name a lot, loved it when the chant went up at Wembley. Anyone heard from Ryan Burge ?

Probably in his room obsessing about the vale and trying to think of funny Facebook posts that mention "fail" and "sh@gging there sisters" 

He'll do anything for attention. Off his rocker that boy is 

EMINEM_STAN.jpg

• Like 1

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

That Freddy Woodman story seems to have grown legs because it's being reported by several different sites. Unless they're all using the same source?

It’s an error. Going to Preston.

I reckon you are spot on that one source for it wrong and then all the others jump on it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I think an extension would take Smith to a testimonial as he first played in 2014 if i remember correctly 

He signed as a professional in 2014 but didn't make his debut until 2016 having spent the 2 previous years on loan.

Interesting quote on the Rochdale forum after they signed Rodney.

"Not sure about his football abilities, but a mate of mine used to live in the same apartment block as him in Manchester and would see him with a different girl every week. Described his apartment as a "knocking shop"

• Haha 1

Advert:

18 hours ago, werstayinup said:

And he would deserve one. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

In bed with his inner self

• Like 1