Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

On 14/06/2022 at 09:44, robf said:

@darren1810 I thoroughly agree with you on the management of players. I'm not sure if it only happens at Vale but I do find it odd that some fans expect everyone to go from zero to a hundred when they enter the pitch.

• We sign a loan player and he gets two days training with the squad - then there's complaints he isn't picked - it's because he won't be used to his colleagues to their runs etc. 
  • A player comes back from injury (such as Wilson against Brentford) struggles a bit and he's labelled "lazy" rather than it being him adjusting to the pace
  • A player is playing through the pain (and probably horrible injections and all sorts) such as Worrall and Proctor and they are labelled as being "rubbish" during that time

People seem to forget, that at times, we were down to the bare bones with our squad and a number of players had, by necessity, to help the cause by playing when clearly not 100% fit or, helping out in unfamiliar positions or, sometimes both. 

Inevitably with the restricted total of squad players in leagues one & two, most clubs will go through similar problems in any season.  Good fitness training is essential, but luck is an even more precious commodity when it comes to players' remaining injury-free. Fingers crossed for a lot of luck in this context next season!

• Like 5

Advert:

That story's from over a month ago, have we heard anything since?

Feels an unlikely one, especially as Pearson said he's not fit enough, doesn't sound like a DC type of player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clayts said:

That story's from over a month ago, have we heard anything since?

Feels an unlikely one, especially as Pearson said he's not fit enough, doesn't sound like a DC type of player.

Agreed I’m not sure this ticks the boxes on what DC would like but might be wrong. Maybe this was one we were looking at if we stayed down as Carol did say on Sky after the playoff final they had two separate plans for L1 and L2.

• Like 2

Walsall have moved Rodney on. 1 goal last season, that bundled tap in at Stevenge.

Didn't we get a fee? So we headhunted serial promotion winner DC off them even more cheaply when you consider the Rodney fee. Amazing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Doha said:

Walsall have moved Rodney on. 1 goal last season, that bundled tap in at Stevenge.

Didn't we get a fee? So we headhunted serial promotion winner DC off them even more cheaply when you consider the Rodney fee. Amazing.

You have to accept they did the double over us , easily too.

But what a double whammy we got in return.

Clarke from them and Rodders to them. I reckon they've cut losses and lost some fair wedge on Dave. Rumoured to have paid us 75 grand. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Walsall have replaced Rodney with 35 year-old Andy Williams (the striker not the singer). They've already signed 40 year-old Peter Clarke at the back.

It's starting to look like a retirement home there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advert:

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I wonder how much longer those offered new deals have to accept or decline them,dont you have a time limit?

I think the first league game is only 6 weeks on Saturday 😮 

Seems like an age, can't wait for it to get going again.

12 minutes ago, robf said:

Walsall have replaced Rodney with 35 year-old Andy Williams (the striker not the singer). They've already signed 40 year-old Peter Clarke at the back.

It's starting to look like a retirement home there...

At least they won't use all their pension up as they'll save money shopping in PoundLand...

• Haha 1