• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

I would certainly keep Jake. He's shown he has the ability to play at a higher level. He was well thought of at Forest. A Scunny supporting friend of mine said that he was dropped into a very poor team and his confidence suffered, but he thought he could play well in a better team, which I think he's proved. Maybe sharing creative midfield duties with TC would mean they both stay fresh and injury free! Bringing in a supposedly better player can always be a risk as we no what Jake is capable of, he just needs to be more consistent and stay fit. I certainly wouldn't be selling him cheap!

• Like 4

Advert:

I think we all trust the club to do what’s best. We have obviously got to plan the season without TC for the first half if not longer. A bit frustrating to think Morecambe could pinch a good player off us. Hope Jake stays and does the business.

• Like 2

I wonder how much of this is paper talk and how much has some credibility .

I'll repeat umpteen others, there is a good player in Jake who has been badly affected by injury.

I do think criticism of his Bristol performance is a touch harsh given he was in an unfamiliar role and literally chucked in after Walker injury at Hartlepool a few days beforehand.  Our midfield that day was Taylor, Charlsley, Garrity as weak as P**s . No Pett or Walker decimated us. 

If he goes i trust our recruitment, although i'd of liked to have seen Wildig, but that ship has sailed. Other good players will be on our radar.

Personally i want him to stay.

I'll predict that Conlon won't kick a ball in anger until maybe late October. Will miss 10 to 15 games .

• Like 5

Advert:

Trust the process. The lad was decent first time round picked up a knock. Was awful by all accounts at Scunthorpe, dropped on by signing for us, hasn't played much but looked decent in the playoffs.

DC knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

Apparently Bradford are sniffing too. I think Jake is replaceable and if Darrell is thinking of moving him on because we have other players coming in who will do the job then I’m absolutely fine with letting him go. 

Apparently Bradford are sniffing too. I think Jake is replaceable and if Darrell is thinking of moving him on because we have other players coming in who will do the job then I’m absolutely fine with letting him go. 
He is in the shop window, but we do not have full knowledge of the situation. He was given a long contract and it appears that Forest terms were tough on the basis of his prospects.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Advert:

Think whatever way this pans out vale win.

If its not true, vale keep a good player ahead of the new season. If it is, we only accept a offer that we can turn down and invest it in the league 1 recruitment drive. Everyone's a winner.

• Like 1

I wonder with this report if it’s Sproson leaking it or something like that. Notice in the report they used the phrase bargain deal. Maybe in the days of Bratt or Smurthwaite that would be true but this is a different Vale these days and I just think what we’d want is beyond what Morecambe could or would pay.

• Like 2

Advert:

I wonder with this report if it’s Sproson leaking it or something like that. Notice in the report they used the phrase bargain deal. Maybe in the days of Bratt or Smurthwaite that would be true but this is a different Vale these days and I just think what we’d want is beyond what Morecambe could or would pay.

Where as the phrase “bargain deal” come from ?? The only report I can find is in Sentinel which reported it after someone on this site quoted it. Alan Nixon the journalist who first wrote the news does not say anywhere the term “bargain deal”
Is this another example of Sentinel idle reporting which as sent this topic into hyper mode.
In DC we trust
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, knapperm said:

Where as the phrase “bargain deal” come from ?? The only report I can find is in Sentinel which reported it after someone on this site quoted it. Alan Nixon the journalist who first wrote the news does not say anywhere the term “bargain deal”
Is this another example of Sentinel idle reporting which as sent this topic into hyper mode.
In DC we trust

Uses it in this article Nixon put in The Sun.

1CD2BA7C-A09E-46DA-8F29-EFCD979F1AB1.jpeg

On 11/06/2022 at 17:51, Joe B said:

Mint.

According to a Newcastle reporter, he turned down a deal with them to join us.

probably couldnt understand the geordies after becoming fluent in potteries slang!😆😄:drink: