• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

47 minutes ago, Doha said:

Q) There were other clubs who wanted you, why did you come to Vale?
A) The ambition. Right direction, no stopping it. Tight knit from top to bottom. First choice was to come back to Vale.

As with Harratt and Edmondson, he sounds a really nice young man who appreciated how he was treated! 

• Like 7

Advert:

Not one of the doommongerers, and it’s a great signing, but why would he turn down a contract with NUFC to join Port Vale.
Because he would never get a game in a million years and wanted to play?
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not one of the doommongerers, and it’s a great signing, but why would he turn down a contract with NUFC to join Port Vale.

Because U23 football is crap and in reality he probably realises that he isn’t going to get a crack at Newcastles first team either. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Cos we're massive! Like, Swindon big. 💪

But yeah, actually, club he enjoyed being at and where he was treated well, playing time at full level rather than U23, and perhaps he was uneasy about wearing the Saudi green and white cos he's a decent lad?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He obviously looked at the human rights records of each clubs owners - so was a no brainer!

14 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Edited by Trumpingtonvale
I can’t spell
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Nah, I just know a lot of the lads and people around the club to speak to through doing some work now and again there and I know people that work there too.  Got a lot of time for the local lads especially, it’s no secret that Smith and Gibbo are my favourite players. 

So Gibbo's not signing then. 

Edited by mr.hobblesworth

Advert:

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So Gibbo's not signing then.  <ovf censored>.

I don’t know, theres been no players around the club for 2 weeks. But FWIW I think Benning could be the one not to sign, just been on about that on the Ale and Vale podcast thread actually and I agree with Bez’s comments about him being ostracised for a few months could be the reason why he looks elsewhere and a club where he could be guaranteed more starts. 

Edited by PV1973

Just watched Lewis Cass's interview. This club is now light years away from even where it was under bell/rudge. We've managed to keep the good bits and totally turn around all the negative sides and issues there were then and have been over the mold/smurth era. I can't wipe the smile off my face. My club is now a club I am proud to be able to support again.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t know, theres been no players around the club for 2 weeks. But FWIW I think Benning could be the one not to sign, just been on about that on the Ale and Vale podcast thread actually and I agree with Bez’s comments about him being ostracised for a few months could be the reason why he looks elsewhere and a club where he could be guaranteed more starts. 

I think if any of them don't sign it will be Proctor. Can't see him being our other starter with Wilson and he might go somewhere like a Stockport or Wrexham for one last pay day. No inside info, he just doesn't usually hang round at clubs and I wouldn't blame him for trying to get a decent wage while he still can. Unless he's happy winding down here and being a rotational striker where he's happy. Who knows.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I think if any of them don't sign it will be Proctor. Can't see him being our other starter with Wilson and he might go somewhere like a Stockport or Wrexham for one last pay day. No inside info, he just doesn't usually hang round at clubs and I wouldn't blame him for trying to get a decent wage while he still can. Unless he's happy winding down here and being a rotational striker where he's happy. Who knows.

The thing with Proc is his injury record may put some clubs off.  Apparently we trusted him to train as he saw fit.  That’s got to be worth something.  Having said that, nobody could begrudge any older player chasing one last big payday.  Maybe this is what Flitcroft was referring to when talking about the club being fair and players and their agents also needing to be fair, but he did also say that negotiations were going well with the out of contract players.

• Like 2

Advert:

I think Proctor will sign. I remember him saying how good the club was in letting him manage his training and workload. I can't see that happening anywhere else.

I also see Gibbo and Benning signing.

It may mean Jones/Hussey/Martin/Hurst loaned out?

I think we may bid for Edmondson/Telford/another keeper.

I think that's enough then

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Conrad said:

He was offered a U23 contract at Newcastle which means he wasn’t going to get first team football. 

• Thanks 1