• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Difficult to judge how good he is in the limited time he has played this season. 

It’s not for the fans to judge though is it. The management team will have seen enough of him in training to make their mind up come the end of the season. That’s the stuff we don’t see. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Surely that cant be true,saw a rumour saying Sam Morsy about to join Boreham Wood for a fee 😮 must be on a dodgy site that i am sure

Forget this it is a dodgy site,its also linked Holy with a move to villa or west ham to play in the first team 🙂 

Edited by werstayinup

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not sure thatJake has been 100% fit this season.

He’s not the only one his he ?

I hope next season’s recruitment will contain some naturally Fit Players.

Some more like Nathan Smith and Ben Garrity would be a start.

• Like 1

Advert:

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

Dodgey twitterverse suggesting we have interest in Callum Camps.

So are Stockport and Bristol Rovers.

Joey Barton had him at Fleetwood.

He made 31 appearances and scored 3 goals and 6 assists for Fleetwood last season.

I would rather have a fit Tom Conlon and Brad Walker personally.

• Like 3

I think we'll see around 50% turnover of players, this management team seems to be able to move players along even if they're under contract by swapping or paying them up, which is a good quality to have in recruitment. No reason to believe they won't be as ruthless as last season with offering contracts, as few OOC will be tough to replace in my opinion. I doubt Woz will be offered anything, I'd be amazed if Benning was. I trust DC to make the right choices and I'm sure we'll have a far better, balanced squad next season even compared to this season. I expect us to improve the quality year on year under DC. If I'm 100% honest I think we'll miss out this year, but regroup and have a better first 11 and support squad for next time around.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, valeinspain said:

Dennis politic might be a possibility, he's only made 1 appearance as a second half substitute in Italy....

sunrise, sunset, on to the next.

Advert:

On 04/05/2022 at 19:02, Walka003 said:
On 04/05/2022 at 18:36, werstayinup said:
I aren't to sure on that one mate,i always think that if you are going for players relegated from a division make sure its the best ones(and they will have some),there are a few teams in for Keillor-Dunn already

Timothee Dieng had back to back relegations with Southend. Currently running the show for Exeter. Bad teams will always have one or two good players.

Harrogate are hardly the best without Hall. Like you say, we're not taking the whole squad, just the gems.

• Like 1

The loans make a night and day difference. Get players who are ready for league football at a young age, and they're often speedy, skillful, hungry, eager to impress and learn with raw talent. Get loanees who are just passed around until their contract runs out, showed promise as a youngster 5 years ago, to get match fitness, because they're never going to break into their parent team, then it's just a waste of time. The loans need looking at so they play and contribute, because the other top teams have core pieces through that avenue. Politic was ok in spurts, but we were nursing him back to health and he didn't fit the formation. We're taking too many risks that fall into "he's got amazing, league 1 talent if he stays fit and firing" - well not enough of these risks have / are paying off for the performances to stay persistently good.

• Like 1

Advert:

20 minutes ago, robf said:

Four players have been released by Ipswich. They include our loan keeper Tomas Holy (I suspect we won't be interested in him) and perennial Port Vale transfer rumour target James Norwood - 

I think Norwood will have his pick of clubs with his record(Tranmere will be surely interested),should be interest from League one level surely

I hope that we don’t have to do a major rebuild, seems an annual process. The majority of the players have now been brought into the club by this management team, so they should be players that they’ve rated. TBH fed up of bringing in loads of players, don’t think it actually strengthens the team that much. Yes some transfers will workout and others won’t, that’s how it works.We need some consistency and if we don’t make the PO’s finishing 8th its a good platform to work from for next season. I still believe that we will make the PO’s. Also I hope that our retained list is put out quickly so that players who’ve served our club can start looking for alternative employment, straight away.