• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

1 minute ago, SFBT said:

Thanks for this.

The prize money that you refer to, is that what every club gets for playing at that level?

Did we get extra for promotion?

I've no idea about this, important, stuff!

Sorry, poor choice of word from me… the £900k is our share of the Sky money rather than “prize money” so yes everyone gets it 

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Thanks for this.

The prize money that you refer to, is that what every club gets for playing at that level?

Did we get extra for promotion?

I've no idea about this, important, stuff!

With regards to income we roughly had 12 to 13k away fans this season in the 23 home games. 

Next season should double that. 300 k extra revenue just from ticket sales. 

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Not wanting to pee on any bonfires here but could we start a thread on ex vale loan players please,as i keep coming on this thread and it says 20+ new comments so i keep thinking we have signed some players only to find we have actually loaned Neville Southall and David Lowe

Don't get me excited. I've been told to take it easy 🚾

• Haha 1

Advert:

In order to avoid false excitement with the thread drifting away from current transfers I will open a new thread " Reminiscing Loan Players " and gradually transfer the Loans.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

£2.2 Million for finishing bottom since you asked

That's just the prize money, or merit payments as they're called.  Clubs also get something like £85 million just for playing in the Prem and extra payments every time they are on telly.  Man City and Liverpool will probably get about £150 million.

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

That's just the prize money, or merit payments as they're called.  Clubs also get something like £85 million just for playing in the Prem and extra payments every time they are on telly.  Man City and Liverpool will probably get about £150 million.

Jacko, before the Championship PO final. They said that it’s worth £300m, if relegated in first season. Just being there £170m and then £130m in parachute payments.

Why haven't we given Kian Harratt a season long loan and allowed Bradford to snatch him?

Because his parent club wanted him to get more game time , Vale wouldn’t guarantee that
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Not wanting to pee on any bonfires here but could we start a thread on ex vale loan players please,as i keep coming on this thread and it says 20+ new comments so i keep thinking we have signed some players only to find we have actually loaned Neville Southall and David Lowe

Sorted, last 24 hours of old loans transferred to Reminiscing Loan Players 2022

• Thanks 3

Would seriously like us to make enquiries about getting Polotic back. Has barely featured and now they are a division higher so can't see him playing much at all.

Why’s he not featured ?

9 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Would seriously like us to make enquiries about getting Polotic back. Has barely featured and now they are a division higher so can't see him playing much at all.

I can't see anyone else giving up the chance of playing Inter away for Ipswich away!

Advert:

I think the notable thing about summer last year, Jan and now this summer, is the lack of solid rumours.

Usually we'd all know a week in advance who was being targeted and would have a leaked picture of the new kit. The club has done a great job of plugging the leaks.

• Like 5

I'll throw a name in the hat for someone I've always liked the look of - Joe Pigott.

6'2, 28yo striker who is at Ipswich currently. Scored a hatful for Wimbledon in L1 before making a move to Ipswich where he hasn't really featured or impressed so far.

Scores all sorts of goals and reminds me of a more mobile version of Proctor. Able to hold the ball up and win headers, but also runs in behind and scores a lot of 1 on 1 goals.

He's spent all his career down South, but I'm not sure if that's through choice or just a coincidence. I'd like to think he would be available, although as he's under contract until 2024, we'd have to do a deal for him.

Also, we'd be able to sing "feed the Pig and he will score" 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

As much as he showed flashes of real talent, and made some match changing contributions, it was often from the bench that he did the business. When he started he tended to disappoint. He also doesn’t fit the tactical system that Clarke seems to prefer and which the squad is built on using more often than not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1