• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

58 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Exactly my thoughts, can’t see Piergianni wanting to be playing National League next season. That would bolster the central defence and particularly if we could get Cass signed-up as well. Don’t see Benning or Hussey being the number 1 choice on the left so both wing back positions may need strengthening. A lot depends on Gibbo’s situation.

Walker, Garrity & Conlon would be my first choice midfield. Add a creative midfielder to offer cover / plan B.

Proctor & Wilson are fine if they get the proper service, too much dropping off to get the ball. A nippy, horrible pacey striker in the mould of McKirdy / Telford to offer a plan B.

Easy isn’t it. 😄

Let's not sign centre backs who have played 39 games in a team relegated from the league this season. 

• Like 4

Advert:

22 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We could do with signing someone like that Harry McKirdy but I don't expect we would ever stand a chance of getting a player like him. 

The fans would hound them out anyway. Anyone with any flair is not liked in Burslem these days. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I thought Lloyd showed a good workrate and attitude but I just don’t think he’s enough of a goal threat. As the fourth choice striker wouldn’t be the worst though.

Crewe done their retained list today. Only couple of names that particularly recognised were Porter, Kashket and Luke Murphy. Maybe Murphy could be looked at depending what he has left?

The midfielder Lowery will also be leaving but i guess he will be on his way to another league 1 club

Edited by werstayinup

8 minutes ago, WV said:

Let's not sign centre backs who have played 39 games in a team relegated from the league this season. 

I aren't to sure on that one mate,i always think that if you are going for players relegated from a division make sure its the best ones(and they will have some),there are a few teams in for Keillor-Dunn already

• Like 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I aren't to sure on that one mate,i always think that if you are going for players relegated from a division make sure its the best ones(and they will have some),there are a few teams in for Keillor-Dunn already

I have seen his name bandied about before. I'll be honest i only know a bit about him due to his flowing locks.

Are some fans possibly basing this on our last 5 minute capitulation at Oldham when he went up front ?

Oldham have conceded 72 goals .  

I agree on Keilor-Dunn . Horrible little urchin but good player, and Bahamboula always looks okay but again that might be because he'll score a 30 yard worldie then vanish for 10 games. 

Timothee Dieng had back to back relegations with Southend. Currently running the show for Exeter. Bad teams will always have one or two good players.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

The season isn't over yet summer targets fair enough players who you would release on the basis on sat they have the biggest game of there lives the ones selected that is .

Leave it till end of season with your why you would release players we have 4 Cup finals left win them all then we will talk after .

UTV 

its just a bit of fun

• Like 2

Advert:

I’d question the wisdom, with an important game on Saturday, from which we still potentially need to gain a point, of listing players by name who we think we should release/not offer contracts to and then expect these same players to perform Saturday and potentially in the play offs.

• Like 2

Paper talk …..

Would we really be going for a 21 year old with 1 league game under his belt and 6 non-descript loan deals in the last three years.

Advert:

I know I'm going to be unpopular here but hey, ho...

I, for one, would not get rid of Lucas.

Yes - I am well aware he's been a total <ovf censored> but he is 100% head and shoulders the best keeper in EFL2

He knows the team really well and all reports from the dressing room say he's well liked and respected.

He is brilliant in the air. He commands his box like no one in the league, and he's a superb shot stopper. Superb kicking and distribution.

If DC can get his head around trusting him again he'd be my first name on the team sheet.

I have to confess I'm a former member of the Goal Keepers Union

• Like 7

I know I'm going to be unpopular here but hey, ho...

I, for one, would not get rid of Lucas.

Yes - I am well aware he's been a total but he is 100% head and shoulders the best keeper in EFL2

He knows the team really well and all reports from the dressing room say he's well liked and respected.

He is brilliant in the air. He commands his box like no one in the league, and he's a superb shot stopper. Superb kicking and distribution.

If DC can get his head around trusting him again he'd be my first name on the team sheet.

I have to confess I'm a former member of the Goal Keepers Union
And one other thing. Lucas would NOT have allowed the ball to bounce like last Saturday and concede a second corner. We would not have lost that match.

Don't get me wrong. I quite like Stone and, on the whole, he's not done a bad job. I just don't think he's anywhere near as good as Lucas.

But that's just my point of view. I know others hate him.
  • Like 5