• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

1 hour ago, Bede said:

That kissing the badge video is a hard watch!!

Huddersfield Town fan here in peace. I just did a bit of sick in my mouth watching that badge get kissed. Horrible.

I just came here to see what you all thought of Harratt. He was scoring goals for fun in our B Team before you took him on loan, and he's one of our more highly rated youngsters. Must admit though I'm surprised to see him go to Bradford. I would have hoped - having seemingly proven himself at a top Lg2 side - to see him given a go in League 1. 

How did he do for you lot? It seemed from the outside that he was doing ok but you'll have seen more of him than I have.

Finally, congratulations on promotion. I just wish we could have done the same that weekend. Good luck for next season.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ryan Boreton said:

Huddersfield Town fan here in peace. I just did a bit of sick in my mouth watching that badge get kissed. Horrible.

I just came here to see what you all thought of Harratt. He was scoring goals for fun in our B Team before you took him on loan, and he's one of our more highly rated youngsters. Must admit though I'm surprised to see him go to Bradford. I would have hoped - having seemingly proven himself at a top Lg2 side - to see him given a go in League 1. 

How did he do for you lot? It seemed from the outside that he was doing ok but you'll have seen more of him than I have.

Finally, congratulations on promotion. I just wish we could have done the same that weekend. Good luck for next season.

He did well in big games but I thought a bit anonymous in other games. Definitely one for the future, has natural talent in front of goal and I wanted him back as 4th / 5th choice on loan this season. Think this move to Bradford is the wrong one though. Graveyard for strikers and can see him following a similar route. Yeah that reveal is vile. Whether he was told to kiss the badge or not 🤮🤮

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both the Bantams and Terriers forums finding the badge kissing odd. !  They are proper rivals and it doesn't sit easy with most. The bus thing probably shows just how close both the grounds are.

• Like 1

Just seen on Facebook Kian wanted to stay at Vale but Huddersfield wanted him to play first 11 and be the main man. Makes sense, but thought him playing a decent role in a league 1 club where he’s settled may have been better 

• Like 4

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Kian did brilliantly for us and will never be forgotten. However he wasn't exactly head and shoulders above league two so it probably wouldn't be right for his development to step up to League One just yet.

He's still got a lot to learn about the less glamorous side of centre forward play.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 4

That’s terrible news for me what a great player harret is we only really realised how good he was when he partnered Wilson last 2 games looking back he spent far to long on the bench  and was not used enough but it’s easy to say after 

good luck to him he is class 

• Like 2

Just seen on Facebook Kian wanted to stay at Vale but Huddersfield wanted him to play first 11 and be the main man. Makes sense, but thought him playing a decent role in a league 1 club where he’s settled may have been better 
Who's said that on the Facebook?

Santa is right.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Ryan Boreton said:

He's definitely got the potential to be a top player. His movement and vision for the ball is remarkable for a 19 year old. Has the strength and lands a cracking diving header

Like others have said , got lost in the shuffle sometimes ( mainly because Proctor and Wilson are our normal starting strikers) but scored some important goals for us especially the Wembley header. He's a cult hero here now in my eyes. More first team football will only benefit him 

Unlucky in your Wembley against forest. Ref had some dodgy decisions like usual. Wish you all the best season , especially against stjoke ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

55 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Wish him well but think it could be another Jones. Bradford is a graveyard for strikers. Kissing the badge - maybe didn’t the like the vale as much as he says…. Bit much that 

I think it's pretty clear the whole video had been carefully mapped out to please BCFC fans, including the badge kiss. 

• Like 3

Advert:

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I find that signing mental. We mustn’t have been interested. They’ve released big theo sure he could do a job 

I heard from a good source, about a month ago, we were trying to sign Harrett permanently. 

Sorry, basically he said how much kian loved it at the vale and thanks for all the support. Then in the comments he said: 
665BB429-A34F-4EA6-BA2D-14D5E2953463.jpeg.d0e75cf68fe158bcab17132e0e106432.jpeg
His dad seems like an absolute legend. What a man
  • Like 5