• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Someone on the Bradford forum has pointed out he's scored 5 goals in 700 odd minutes of football!

Do we all see Proctor staying fit all season?

It seems like we have Telford inbound and he's just had a terriffic season, but it's his one and only terriffic season, is  it not?  I hope it works out ace, but it's not one I'm currently gushing over.  I'm disappointed in not retaining Harratt.  His ability and influence in games is only heading in one direction. 

That said, Dazzler and Flitcroft have now proven twice that they can build a squad.  Roll on L1.

• Like 1

Advert:

Sorry but I just can't see the Telford signing. He doesn't seem to fit the matrix at all. Didn't DC or DF say something about strikers who've just had a really good season as not being cost effective given the wages they think they can then command? Before last season he'd only scored around 15 goals hadn't he?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Sorry but I just can't see the Telford signing. He doesn't seem to fit the matrix at all. Didn't DC or DF say something about strikers who've just had a really good season as not being cost effective given the wages they think they can then command? Before last season he'd only scored around 15 goals hadn't he?

He's been more barren than Theo . Very much a Pope and Mullen type wonder season. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom_Telford

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He's been more barren than Theo . Very much a Pope and Mullen type wonder season. 

If fairness to Mullin, and albeit in the National League, he has backed up 30+ goals last season with 28 goals this season.

Telford and a young loanee from Championship/Prem to supplement Wilson and Proctor would seem decent enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:
8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Proctor has never been prolific.

I know was just responding to Philmpv .

Had a great season clearly. Anonymous in the recent game at Vale where Azaz took the eye. 

• Like 1

Wildig packing it in at Morecambe is possibly the number 10 we could do with. From Hereford. SOT is a lot closer than Morecambe if that's where his family is; I believe Connor Hall actually commutes to Vale from a lot further away.

image.thumb.png.ed5348c3c29790089ca4a10799d0eeed.png

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

Wildig packing it in at Morecambe is possibly the number 10 we could do with. From Hereford. SOT is a lot closer than Morecambe if that's where his family is; I believe Connor Hall actually commutes to Vale from a lot further away.

image.thumb.png.ed5348c3c29790089ca4a10799d0eeed.png

Beat you too it ha ha 

He's a gifted player that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

What i dont understand is how so many are convinced he is coming here,whare has that even come from to hook so many in?

What i dont understand is how so many are convinced he is coming here,whare has that even come from to hook so many in?
I've no idea. It's either rumour mill in full swing from Faceache, or there's been a leak from somewhere

Edit: Actually now I seem to recall someone on here saying that they saw him at Wembley, so maybe that's how it started

TBH Wilson was a massive rumour at first then he ended up coming.

I'm really pleased that we've only actually released 1 player. There's no guarantee all those who have been offered terms will agree. 

There's a real togetherness on and off the field and I'm still watching videos of the day.

It'll soon be June 23rd

• Like 1

Advert:

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I've no idea. It's either rumour mill in full swing from Faceache, or there's been a leak from somewhere

Edit: Actually now I seem to recall someone on here saying that they saw him at Wembley, so maybe that's how it started

Its just weird that all this certainty has come from one person saying he was at Wembley(no proof of that of course) and now every man and his dog seem to think that means he is signing for us. I am yet to be convinced he is.

I know for a fact(photo proof) that Lee Hughes was there on Saturday and wearing a Vale top,so i am now saying Lee Hughes will be signing for Vale again 🙂 

• Haha 4