• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

This is most probably the initial statement to pacify the league regulations due to the time restraints with our season going on longer than others. We’ve just stated fact . 
Just because players are under contract doesn’t mean they won’t be moving on within the next few weeks. 
Pretty sure there’ll be more than a few comings and goings shortly. Some of the contracted lads didn’t play even with all of the injuries so what chance with moving up a league .

Things will shape up , the squad will be manoeuvred to compete in League 1 , plans will be in place , not all the preferred players will come but I think we should have faith in our planners to get 90% of it right . 
UTV 

• Like 6

Advert:

50 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Only Amoo released.

Smith and Stone 12 month clauses triggered.

Gibbo, Benning, and Proctor offered deals.

Everyone else under contract.

No word of players being put on transfer list.

love it 

• Like 1

The club has a better system in place for recruitment now, with more tools to utilise in shaping the squad DC wants. If players are under contract but surplus to requirements in L1, I fully expect the club to find them new homes which benefit the player without the club being rinsed on payouts. With all due respect if they flipped Legge’s contract for Hall, then I anticipate quite a few of those sorts of deals for the likes of Hurst, Martin, Hussey etc. I do think we’ll have a squad 1 or 2 bigger overall though, when all is said and done.

34 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

In all the chat leading up to today, there’s been little mention of Sammy Robinson

Hope he does well, the management team must have faith in him to be continually putting him on the bench, but the 5 minute cameo he made a few months ago doesn't inspire me - he looked out of his depth, although to be fair he was thrown in at the deep end.

Advert:

13 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

This is most probably the initial statement to pacify the league regulations due to the time restraints with our season going on longer than others. We’ve just stated fact . 
Just because players are under contract doesn’t mean they won’t be moving on within the next few weeks. 
Pretty sure there’ll be more than a few comings and goings shortly. Some of the contracted lads didn’t play even with all of the injuries so what chance with moving up a league .

Things will shape up , the squad will be manoeuvred to compete in League 1 , plans will be in place , not all the preferred players will come but I think we should have faith in our planners to get 90% of it right . 
UTV 

Spot on mate.

Every player is effectively available for the right price to reinvest.  We saw that last season with Ryan Johnson.

Going to be an exciting summer.

So, Nathan Smith is definitely leaving and will definitely be joining Stockport is he? 

Turns out that was a load of nonsense thank goodness.

Perhaps that's an early lesson in not to believe everything that's posted online during the off-season.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Proctor being offered a new deal is a good sign, although I was hoping a few of the players on 1 year deals left would be offered extensions such as Wilson. Not only does it protect our investment, it could motivate them more highly to stay in league 1. 

1 minute ago, robf said:

So, Nathan Smith is definitely leaving and will definitely be joining Stockport is he? 

I would say that just as the rumour merchants didn't know for definite, you also don't know for definite Rob... could just be a good bit of business for the club to get a payout. A contracted promotion winning defender goes for a much bigger fee (or any fee at all) than a free agent.

Obviously, I hope that's nonsense and he stays. I'd be trying to tie him down to an extension.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Proctor being offered a new deal is a good sign, although I was hoping a few of the players on 1 year deals left would be offered extensions such as Wilson. Not only does it protect our investment, it could motivate them more highly to stay in league 1. 

I would agree.

It might happen in the fullness of time.

Not an immediate priority I guess.

Advert:

Perhaps that's an early lesson in not to believe everything that's posted online during the off-season.

Surely that's what a rumours thread is for? The posting of rumours?
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

I still think one of the keepers (not bothered which, the other one can be 2nd choice), Martin, Robinson, Hussey, and Hurst should/will be moved on, either permanently or on loan.

If Stockport fancy spending money on Nathan Smith with a year left on his contract then let them. I'd prefer to keep him obviously.

Edited by Joe B

How do you know we haven't? This is the retained list, which is required by the EFL, so I'd only expect players whose contracts are up for renewal to be dealt with as part of that. Doesn't mean that other players not out of contract haven't been offered new deals
  • Thanks 1

I might be reading something out of nothing but “re-engage” with Gibbo, Proc, Benning ….. is that we have not come to an agreement  negotiations ended and  the lads are now talking to other clubs? Will be gutted if Gibbo and MalB don’t stay.

I know it’s against the grain but I wouldn’t be bothered about Proc. Great player and key for us early doors but he can’t train most of the week and is really injury prone. I know he played a lot of games injured last season which is huge credit to him but I don’t think you can get away that playing against better opposition . 

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Harrat would be my number one target that guy is going places 

I seem to re call that at the time  Harratt was being targeted to join in the summer but was that impressed with the presentation that he asked Huddersfield's permission to join in January. Don't know if I have remembered correctly.

Advert:

32 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

I would say that just as the rumour merchants didn't know for definite, you also don't know for definite Rob... could just be a good bit of business for the club to get a payout. A contracted promotion winning defender goes for a much bigger fee (or any fee at all) than a free agent.

Obviously, I hope that's nonsense and he stays. I'd be trying to tie him down to an extension.

Going off Smith instagram post. He's here to stay 

I knew the Smith rumour was too ridiculous. 5k for a defender in league 2 would be ludicrous 

Perhaps someone pulling the leg. Heard worse over the years, remember Ballotelli brother was expecting to sign at one point and robbie fowler 

Regarding the list. I was expecting Hurst, Robinson and Hussey to be there. I'd be amazed if any aren't sold/loaned out. While Hurst is young, he looks like he's going down the Personal trainer route and has a few clients already it seems. Fair play to him. 

Chuffed we've got a good amount of players to build on. Wasn't Worrall contract out in the summer? 

Get Proctor , Benning and Gibbo signed up and happy days. 

All best to Amoo. A fan favourite and on his day unstoppable. His cross to pope in the citeh game will live long in the memory. Amooooooo 

• Like 2

I knew the Smith rumour was too ridiculous. 5k for a defender in league 2 would be ludicrous  

I'd put good money on the likes of Salford and Bradford paying that or even more