• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

The team and squad have done an unbelievable job in getting promoted this season. A huge congratulations to all those involved. We do need to strengthen though over the summer in order to kick on again. Putting the be emotion of Saturday to one side, Stone has performed brilliantly towards the back end of the season, but is he ready to be an established league one keeper? Are Harratt and Edmondson going to come back and score more goals than they did last season in League one if Wilson and Proctor are out injured? Only time will tell.

Port Vale are now an attractive proposition for potential new signings as we now clearly look after players and hopefully we can attract some quality signings that will enable us to be competitive in League one. 

Tying down the likes of Crosby, Wilson, Smith and Gibbons to long term contracts is essential for next season. UTV. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I have said that I believe this squad may not need much change - and I would be happy with seeing how it does before the January window. Having said that, I've also said upgrading 3 - 4 positions would be good if the players become available. But, I honestly believe that that's about as much as we need to do. If we were able to bring Cass in, that would be a good start. Getting Harratt back, the same. So maybe just 2 new players in. There's a lot to be said for having a squad that already knows each other - means the primary need is to get them to full fitness. Somebody mentioned Bolton as a big club, earlier? Really? A much lesser team than the current one turned them over on their own patch, not so long ago! 

The players will be available.  There’s no way on earth we will just bring in 2 players. We need 2 more forwards even if Proc and Willow are with us come the start of the season.

It was probably a much lesser Bolton that got turned over that day than the Bolton we’ll face next time.

• Haha 1

Hope I'm wrong but think that's a goodbye from Proctor. If he was staying I think he would have mentioned next season. Wonder if he'll be retiring, his body has taken a right battering this season. Remember him posting a photo of all the pills he was having to take following his stomach injury.

Advert:

I've just gone back and looked at the announcement when Proctor signed. Doesn't give a lot away but the words used are "initial one year deal", which would suggest we have an option to extend him.

Unless this retained list is a lot more ruthless that expected, I can't see Proc going anywhere.

• Like 1

I think we’ll see released / put on transfer list. 

Covolan / Martin / amoo / proctor / Hurst / Charsley / Hussey

New deals offered to:

Benning / gibbons

New deals announced for:

Smith / Worrall 

Obviously  Harratt and Edmondson go back to their respective clubs. 

• Haha 1

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Lifelongvalefan said:

Sorry 9 

I’ve picked out  7 of our own squad. We have no choice with Harratt and Edmondson as they’re not our players. 

46 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think we’ll see released / put on transfer list. 

Covolan / Martin / amoo / proctor / Hurst / Charsley / Hussey

New deals offered to:

Benning / gibbons

New deals announced for:

Smith / Worrall 

Obviously  Harratt and Edmondson go back to their respective clubs. 

Reckon we’ll offer Stone another deal but maybe with a view to being backup?

Ok I will start today's rumour mill picked up from different forums.

Harratt is going to Bradford (not sure if bought or on loan)

Telford in talks at both Bristol clubs.

Proctor not offered a deal.

22 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Harratt is going to Bradford (not sure if bought or on loan)

Telford in talks at both Bristol clubs.

Great start to the rumour mill mate - this is what's so much fun about this thread 😂😂

I would be gutted if Harratt went to Bradford, he clearly loves it here - but they are in his neck of the woods and would probs offer loads of spunky spondulas 💵💶

Re Telford, how many times have we seen these one season wonders come and go - would much prefer how we have been this year with goals spread throughout the whole team.

Proctor - no deal - NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Reckon we’ll offer Stone another deal but maybe with a view to being backup?

I forgot he’s out of contract. I think he’ll get another year because he’s cheap because of his age and now has some experience too.  I think we’ll get rid of covolan and bring in another experienced keeper. Just my prediction after he got bombed out after the Swindon game. 

Harratt or Edmondson aren’t even our players and therefore we have no control over what their parent clubs do with them. I’d be happy to see better players come in rather than offer them a permanent deal here. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

When the team news was announced for the Swindon 2nd leg and he wasn't even on the bench, I said then that maybe Vale won't offer him a new deal for next season, due to the number of games missed and him being surely one of the top earners.

Having seen his profile on that screenshot he seems serious about being a financial advisor, so maybe he'll begin to concentrate more on that rather than keep putting his body through the rigours and injuries of League football?

Would be a real shame to lose him, as he's an absolute monster and has been pivotal in our success this season when he's played. Similar to Lee Hughes as being a promotion hero to be remembered in the future.