• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

17 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I want an official announcement every time Carol breaks wind. And only then if it contains detailed particulars such as, but not limited to, smell, volume, and debris.

Debris? Dame Carol?! The very impertinence of it!

Wash your mouth out with Carabao and say 12 Hail Matrixes immediately!

• Like 4

Advert:

24 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I see some Vale fans on FB seem to think we have signed Telford and Walsall fans think they are signing him as well,so all that means is he is going somewhere else then 🙂

No idea if there was anything in it or not but I think with Telford the one thing to be wary of is could it be the case of being a one season wonder? His goals did seem to dry up after February while his regular strike partner was out but to be honest DC and Flitcroft will be able figure that out better than me.

Not sure about his contract status or anything like that but one player that could be worth a look is Joe Sbarra at Solihull especially if they lose the playoff final at the weekend. Seems the right age and always impressed whenever have seen him on BT.

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The Telford link seems a bit to obvious for the Process. Was expecting DF and the analysts to pull some off the wall striker that no one had heard of.

They probably will - did anyone on this forum correctly guess any of our recruitment this time last year?

• Like 1

They probably will - did anyone on this forum correctly guess any of our recruitment this time last year?
I'd never heard of anyone other than Wilson, Pett and Benning.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I got Martin from someone in the club, no idea on the others though 

Advert:

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Good advice for your daughter, but in this case if we want to improve we need some better player in the first team, not on the bench.

Nobody is suggesting we smash the whole thing up and start again, although if DC did that I don’t think anyone would question it, having done the same thing last season.

I take your point about Mal and Wozz but that’s just one game.  In the context of the whole season Mal has been excellent these last few games, but not featured much prior.  Wozz, playing through injury, has been below par second half of the season and faced criticism from sections of the fan base.  I’m a fan of both players by the way.

I have said that I believe this squad may not need much change - and I would be happy with seeing how it does before the January window. Having said that, I've also said upgrading 3 - 4 positions would be good if the players become available. But, I honestly believe that that's about as much as we need to do. If we were able to bring Cass in, that would be a good start. Getting Harratt back, the same. So maybe just 2 new players in. There's a lot to be said for having a squad that already knows each other - means the primary need is to get them to full fitness. Somebody mentioned Bolton as a big club, earlier? Really? A much lesser team than the current one turned them over on their own patch, not so long ago! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Michael Jackson is coaching their u23s? Don’t they ever learn? At least they are adults, I suppose. I mean I love Thriller but…

Is bubbles going to help with the team talks or just hand out the bananas.  🤔

2 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Is this a goodbye?

IMG-20220601-WA0029.thumb.jpg.226e181e410b8099f812c5ab91f7b0e9.jpg

It sounds like it.... Especially the last sentence. A shame if so - he provided so many exceptional moments last season.

Advert:

17 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Is bubbles going to help with the team talks or just hand out the bananas.  🤔

To be fair Bubbles is a technical genius compared to Artell. Has better table manners and personal hygiene too. 

• Haha 1