• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

16 minutes ago, Santa said:

If Ellison hasn't retired then no.

Think he will, read summat about Newport offering a coach role contract instead. 

Advert:

25 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

With Bailey & Jones both released and paynter leaving. I wonder if we are changing the structure of the youth development/ system? 

Is Agho still with the club ?

Is Paynter leaving?  I must have missed that.  Is he going somewhere else? 

Could this be a prelude to recruitment of another 14/15 players for a B-team model as per Brentford - the model really we’ll described by Joe B on the “When was the last time we had so many local players in the first team squad?” thread?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Is Paynter leaving?  I must have missed that.  Is he going somewhere else? 

Yeah he announced on twitter he's leaving the club. Didn't say where he was going though 

Edited by boslemportvale91

7 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Yeah he announced on twitter he's leaving the club. Didn't say where he was going though 

Setting up his own decorating business apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Could this be a prelude to recruitment of another 14/15 players for a B-team model as per Brentford - the model really we’ll described by Joe B on the “When was the last time we had so many local players in the first team squad?” thread?

The last time we had a "B" team was a success, I felt. It was only in place for a season yet it produced Hugill (who brought a fortune back in transfer fees) plus a couple of other players had League careers (Carvalho had a brief spell at Accrington and Alexander is still on Wimbledon's books). That's three players that made it out of the 13 brought in by Jimmy Bell.

The problem with it, I felt, was Smurthwaite wanted it to produce an instant return rather than seeing it as a long-term project where there would be a majority of players who don't make it - but one or two would progress every now and again and those players and subsequent transfer income would pay for the B team and quite possibly make a profit.

As a result, he pulled the plug after just that one season rather than persisting but even in that one season, the Hugill fee made a huge profit on the project showing it could work.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

We can't gloss over the fact he has left us though.....

The Vale will brush it off now we're on a roll(er)...

• Haha 3

Advert:

4 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

We can't gloss over the fact he has left us though.....

I was worried he was going to do a John Rudge and go to Stoke City and work for Peter Coat(e)s. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Swindon fans were getting excited on Twitter yesterday hinting they have nicked a staff member off us 🤣🤣, as though they had, stolen our manager. And I'm being serious. Do they know he's just a coach

1 minute ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Swindon fans were getting excited on Twitter yesterday hinting they have nicked a staff member off us 🤣🤣, as though they had, stolen our manager. And I'm being serious. Do they know he's just a coach

He is highly thought of at Swindon. 

2 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Bert the programme seller has moved to Cirencester.  

Good old Swindon. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Think he will, read summat about Newport offering a coach role contract instead. 

I think he will be McKirdys ball boy 🙂