onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

55 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Think this one depends if you look at it in isolation. If we sign Holden for me on the face of it I’d say that’s a really strange signing and one I don’t agree with. However if we also sign 4/5 first team players that improve us and Holden is a chancer on a low, pay as you play wage who could come decent at some point in the season - then fair enough. I do think a few signings will put everyone’s mind at rest! 

I’d say that is the middle ground view and one I come down on as well. I think there’ll clearly be other signings so a move like this is a low risk high reward type of deal. DC knows him and has a good relationship with him and if the club have looked at it and thought maybe trying something different to what’s been done at Walsall is worth a shot then why not go for it?

Advert

Its a low risk one for us really, you'd expect the same type of deal we offered Gibbo in that it would be based on appearances, its not a position we desperately need a player as we are well stocked in central midfield so why not? He's a decent player.

Calm down plenty of time yet to get our signings in 

I also think it’s a good thing to have trialists, potential bargains. 
Re Holden  if the guy can prove his fitness and is better/different to what we have I don’t see the issue with appearance based money. I would be worried if we just signed him but that’s the point of having trialists.

23 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Its a low risk one for us really, you'd expect the same type of deal we offered Gibbo in that it would be based on appearances, its not a position we desperately need a player as we are well stocked in central midfield so why not? He's a decent player.

Are we? Conlon isn’t fit yet. So we have Garrity, Taylor, Walker and Pett to start the seasonn with. I think we may need another body, no point signing this lad if he’s still out injured. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Are we? Conlon isn’t fit yet. So we have Garrity, Taylor, Walker and Pett to start the seasonn with. I think we may need another body, no point signing this lad if he’s still out injured. 

Charsley also... 

In my mind, and this is only ME thinking aloud - nothing else to go on, but Fliters commented in an interview recently that - now we're back to being a 'proper' club and after gaining promotion, we are back to talking to clubs in the top flight.  As such I think we should be looking and hoping that the players that come in are from the Prem and that, regardless of how many Dom Telford's are on the market right now, we could very well be fishing in  different and higher class pond.

I, for one, trust the system and for DF and DC - backed by Carol, will get the selection process spot on.

#trustheprocess

KTF and UTV

3 minutes ago, Osh said:

In my mind, and this is only ME thinking aloud - nothing else to go on, but Fliters commented in an interview recently that - now we're back to being a 'proper' club and after gaining promotion, we are back to talking to clubs in the top flight.  As such I think we should be looking and hoping that the players that come in are from the Prem and that, regardless of how many Dom Telford's are on the market right now, we could very well be fishing in  different and higher class pond.

I, for one, trust the system and for DF and DC - backed by Carol, will get the selection process spot on.

#trustheprocess

KTF and UTV

The club did some good business last season bringing in some decent loanees, and this was before DF’s interview the other day where he’s said we’ve recently been presenting to more PL sides. The likes of Leeds, Newcastle etc will no doubt be aware of how well we took care of their lads last season, which can only be positive for us. Couple this with DF’s mention of further ties being developed with PL sides and I am extremely excited to see the lads that may come in on loan this season. In fact, Id say I'm more excited awaiting our activity in the loan market than I am anything else. Whoever we end up bringing in, I can’t wait to see them in action

52 minutes ago, Super Sagi Burton said:

The club did some good business last season bringing in some decent loanees, and this was before DF’s interview the other day where he’s said we’ve recently been presenting to more PL sides. The likes of Leeds, Newcastle etc will no doubt be aware of how well we took care of their lads last season, which can only be positive for us. Couple this with DF’s mention of further ties being developed with PL sides and I am extremely excited to see the lads that may come in on loan this season. In fact, Id say I'm more excited awaiting our activity in the loan market than I am anything else. Whoever we end up bringing in, I can’t wait to see them in action

Agreed and not forgetting that, in the past, we've had quite a relationship with Manchester United which i'm sure could be 'worked-on'

I'm thinking we should be eating higher up the food chain.

Archived