Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

Now the excitement begins,i cant wait to see who we are looking at for next season,i expect the retained list to be announced later this week,Worrall proved me wrong yesterday(love him as a player but thought he had faded,how wrong was I ) so he has to be offered something along with Stone,Benning(really improved for me),Gibbo and Smith(fantastic again yesterday in that central role)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vale victory said:

Joe

How was your day yesterday???

Now if carlsberg did play off finals

So please for long suffering fans like yourself

That's very nice of you.

It was a special day, the type I've not experienced before. Was lucky to share it with my family. Won't ever forget it.

I hope the next generation get far more of those sort of days in their formative years. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Advert:

After his performances in the play-offs, surely Sir Mal is now going to be offered a contract? 

He's looked League One standard since he came back into the team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Benning needs a new deal, try to get Harratt for another year as well 

Yep, totally agree with that. You'd hope Hudd would be happy to give him a full season loan at a higher level as he's surely still some way off their first-team.

Probably going to have 20 players signed up, if we extend Stone, Gibbo, Smith, Proctor, and Worrall.

I think Lucas, Hurst, and possibly Martin and Jones may be moved on.

Advert:

Benning has got better and better and better. He’s clearly a “footballer” who’s suited to free-flowing, nice looking football. The kind of stuff you see more regularly higher up the leagues. Maybe Jake Taylor too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Now the excitement begins,i cant wait to see who we are looking at for next season,i expect the retained list to be announced later this week,Worrall proved me wrong yesterday(love him as a player but thought he had faded,how wrong was I ) so he has to be offered something along with Stone,Benning(really improved for me),Gibbo and Smith(fantastic again yesterday in that central role)

Absolutely.

I love this more than the football ☺️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

Benning has got better and better and better. He’s clearly a “footballer” who’s suited to free-flowing, nice looking football. The kind of stuff you see more regularly higher up the leagues. Maybe Jake Taylor too.

Taylor reminds me so much of Ray Walker.

I hope he fulfils his potential.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Probably going to have 20 players signed up, if we extend Stone, Gibbo, Smith, Proctor, and Worrall.

I think Lucas, Hurst, and possibly Martin and Jones may be moved on.

It's been discussed ad nauseum I know, but I'd be sad to see Lucas go.

I think there's a good keeper in there.

And, for all that he's done well, I don't think we can rely on Stone at a higher level.

Edited by SFBT
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 1 said:

Taylor was pure class yesterday, think he will be a big player next season 

• Like 2

Advert:

18 minutes ago, SFBT said:

It's been discussed ad nauseum I know, but I'd be sad to see Lucas go.

I think there's a good keeper in there.

And, for all that he's done well, I don't think we can rely on Stone at a higher level.

And covolan celebrated like he had played every game. Once again brilliant squad spirit

• Like 2

Not sure what we can do to improve the midfield for a league 1 campaign.

I suppose we’ll automatically get better when Tom Conlon returns, so that’s like a upgrading new signing.

Then Walker, if we can get him fit for the season. That’s 2 big ifs straight away, but upgrades if they come off.

Then Charsley, Taylor, Pett, Garrity all contracted.

Playing with 3 in the middle, unless DC moves some of those players on, that’s 8 centre mids alone if we get in the 2 higher-quality players we might need to be comfortable in league 1.