• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

4 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:
6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
Never heard of him but really good pedigree so on the basis of that seems like he should be a good signing. Only played at a high level so pretty excited see him play.  I work with a Wigan fan so will see what his views are. Think this means Taylor will be off. Imagine there will be a few more this week signing 

Why do we think one is off ?

Just can’t see us going having a squad with so many CMs. Think 1 has to leave - whether it be Taylor or not I think 1 will leave 

• Like 1

Advert:

Don't know Ojo, in fact I never heard of him with watching L2 football so much but what fantastic pedigree he has. I really think this bodes well for our other signings

I also like Flickers comments about bringing players  in with League 1 experience and finding different ways to play. I hope this means we will be brining in at least 1 winger.

Advert:

31 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Waiting for the hospitality prices to come out before I go down the season ticket route, it’s taking the club longer than I thought it might to get them shared!

rich b...😄

• Like 1

A league 1 proven player. Not a league 2 hoping to be league 1 player.

Exactly what we need!

Impressed that we are looking well beyond Mansfield, Bradford or Cheltenham with this one. 

No offence to Benning, Proc, etc just pleased that this shows we are really looking like a league 1 club again.

Like Rudge era, lose a couple off the bottom of your squad and add a couple to the top.

Totally different approach to last season when a mass clear out was the objective.

And that's coming from someone who believed Popey should be kept on as back up striker.

I think those Stokies will be having Grobbelar legs ..  the Vale are back and we are coming to get yer !!

• Like 5

As others have said and i said at the end of last season i wouldn't mind Keillor-Dunne but i guess like other good players he has plenty of options and will probably wait as long as he can before he chooses

He’s signed for Burton

Advert:

49 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

Mixed bag of comments from the Aberdeen fans with some saying not good enough and some saying good squad player. Hes had a decent career at clubs in and around the level we will be at this season. He also gives us options in different positions. The Aberdeen fans seem to think his best performances came at right back.

Wigan fans really rate him and i would sooner listen to them considering he was playing in our league,one said absolute baller we have got ourselves,another saying he was a massive part of them staying up so i trust the management team on this one thats for sure

• Like 6

Advert:

I think that the club have realised how expensive it is to have names on the back of shirts.

Hence the signing of Ojo. Three letters on the back of the shirt.We were never going to sign Edmondson (9 letters).

I expect us now to go for Son from Spurs and Demba Ba 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, andy jones said:

A league 1 proven player. Not a league 2 hoping to be league 1 player.

Exactly what we need!

Impressed that we are looking well beyond Mansfield, Bradford or Cheltenham with this one. 

No offence to Benning, Proc, etc just pleased that this shows we are really looking like a league 1 club again.

Like Rudge era, lose a couple off the bottom of your squad and add a couple to the top.

Totally different approach to last season when a mass clear out was the objective.

And that's coming from someone who believed Popey should be kept on as back up striker.

I think those Stokies will be having Grobbelar legs ..  the Vale are back and we are coming to get yer !!

Don't get your bit about no offence to Benning and Proc ?

Proc has always played League 1 or higher, last season was his first season in League 2.  Other than a few bitty loans here and there .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jgpvfc said:

Mixed bag of comments from the Aberdeen fans with some saying not good enough and some saying good squad player. Hes had a decent career at clubs in and around the level we will be at this season. He also gives us options in different positions. The Aberdeen fans seem to think his best performances came at right back.

Simon Mills?

• Like 2