onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Regarding Birchalls comments i think he has his own errmmm issues to sort out,he is very spiteful as well now after being outed,anyway what i will say is did Gibbo really expect us to pay him more for a player who played 30 odd league games over 2 seasons and has had injury problems than a player who plays 46+ games a season

I have no problem at all with how the club has dealt with this,we have lost one main(when fit) player,the others have signed back up oh and we have added Cass,so personally i think we are doing very well so far and those up in arms should look at the bigger picture

Onwards and Upwards

Spot on. Yesterday I was baffled and upset about him leaving. Not at Vale, just the departure. 

But 24 hours on he's gone. We move on.

Anticipate a few signings now. In effect we've lost 5 from the squad although I realise Hurst never featured. 

2 young loan lads ,Hurst ,Amoo and Gibbons.

So 4 of the 17 man Wembley squad. 

One new addition Cass. 

Can't wait for the new arrivals to be announced it should be an exciting time waiting and guessing. 

Good times. 

Advert

I guess with the limited squad sizes we can't really take a chance on layers like Edmondson. He's too expensive (and good) to be used in any kind of development scenario but we don't have room for players who can't definitely perform week in week out. I'm sad we didn't get him because he seemed like a good lad and had bags of potential but it's not particularly devestating.

On 22/06/2022 at 18:03, bobbymanc said:

Rubbish that. We can definitely afford to finish the Lorne Street if we can't put an offer together to encourage Gibbo to stay. I think "the matrix"might need looking at, otherwise we'll be a team full of late 20s, early 30s plodders by the end of next season if we're not careful. Taylor probably gone soon too, so that'll be another under 25 year old one his way.

Yawn!

There's nothing wrong with the matrix - it's just got us promotion in its first full year, with huge upheaval in the squad, and overcoming a shedload of adversity that might have seen off worse teams than us!  We've lost a decent player who we always expected to leave. No need for this kind of hysterical knee-jerk reaction! No way will Taylor be going to Morecambe for any "bargain deal" and, after his Wembley display no way ought he be leaving at all! 

I have to agree re Gibbo sad to have lost him but as said for games played was probably paid the highest per game. The Gas are taking a big chance, I still have faith in the process and I am sure we will have a few replacements lined up. We move on ! 

Just for the recod,Gibbos new manager has somehow wangled yet another adjournment to his court case.

Barton now stands trial on Oct 31/Nov 1.

If you fancy giving your missus a kick in the head,you won't stand trial for at least another year.

The system stinks

Was gutted last night reading Gibbo had left, I thought he was a shoe in to resign. Local, been with us since youth and we do all we could to keep him.

Now...He obviously thought he deserved more money than we we prepared to pay.

We have people who make these decisions on this who I trust. Massively.

Good luck Gibbo

Not sure about going with the captains twin sister though, too weird for me:razz::drool:

I like him, he's a trier and he always gives his all but he should only ever be back up for me. He's a bit lightweight and just doesn't quite possess that quality. He did a job for us at the time but I'd be fine if he was moved on.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I thought that about TC from rat 20 odd games, boy did he prove me wrong

Thought this was quite interesting. Just shows that there are plenty of clubs in similar positions to ours and some who have done no business at all yet. I would expect early july to be busiest times for everyone as thats when player's contract will expire. Trust the process 

0C9D43BE-ED41-4C05-8A19-C889DF595CB4.png

3 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Again, I liked his attitude and commitment but would he have really made a difference? He did a manful job in some unfamiliar positions but when he played in his true position, he never really looked like the real deal. The fact that we haven't seemingly pursued him and he's gone to a lower team who can't have a bigger budget than us, suggests the manager feels the same.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

He seemed a top lad and I wish him all the best but we can sign better on loan. I'm sure loads of clubs are chatting to Villa about Azaz ,for example and I'm confident we are looking at other strikers

Archived