• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

8 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Not gonna lie. Could do with a signing or two to settle the nerves.

Totally agree , we need some signings this week , or it will start to look a bit desperate

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Why the nerves? Players still contracted to other clubs until end of the month.

We only need two or three top of the squad signings anyway.

Stoke under Pullis left their main signings till 5 minutes before the Summer transfer window closed.

They didn't do bad either. Peter Crouch, for one, was a deadline signing.

• Like 1

Advert:

I don't think Pett was signed until the end of June last year and I'm pretty sure some others came after that. I think people are twitchy because we signed so many last season, whereas this season we are looking at 3 or 4 quality signings to improve the team further, which are usually the players that can afford to wait until the last possible moment to decide where they're going. Additionally, if we're looking at loans from the Premier league, they will probably need time to assess their own needs before allowing players out. If we haven't signed any more in the next couple of weeks then it's time to get concerned but until then we just have to trust the management who have a pretty excellent track record so far.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 4

Advert:

4 hours ago, Emile said:

That's just a copy and paste from the previous article?! 

Apologies, must admit I didn’t read the other article.  They’re all probably part of the same media group.

3 hours ago, MBE said:

For all this talk of where are our signings I'd like to ask which player (realistic) has been signed for a League 1 club where  you think we missed out on that, or you thought damn would have liked him or I hope we were in the mix for him?

I'm struggling to find many.

Patience.We have a strong platform to start with this year so no need to rush and panic when we already have a decent starting 11.

Not understanding of why people are twitchy, people need to show a bit of patience.

The only couple i can think of is Wildig who went Newport and Watt who has gone Salford for the coin ( obviously both gone League 2 not 1 ) . I'm already quoted as saying was on the fence about Telford, so i'm not bothered we didn't get him.

Signings will come and your post is bob on. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Horsfall has left Northampton to join Stockport on a free. Money talks...

Crazy how much money they must be spending.I imagine they are paying more in wages than half of L1 clubs!

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Crazy how much money they must be spending.I imagine they are paying more in wages than half of L1 clubs!

I've no idea how some of these clubs pass the finance rules set by the FA. Derby have had 2 takeover bids fail and still allowed to continue. Macc and Bury were just booted out of the league. There's no consistency. Salford get sub 2000 gates yet pay out a fortune in wages. At least we have owners who work within the budget and care about the fans and players.

• Like 4

Advert:

8 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I've no idea how some of these clubs pass the finance rules set by the FA. Derby have had 2 takeover bids fail and still allowed to continue. Macc and Bury were just booted out of the league. There's no consistency. Salford get sub 2000 gates yet pay out a fortune in wages. At least we have owners who work within the budget and care about the fans and players.

Give me a sustainable football club any day over one bank rolled by an owner. It’s always going to end in tears one way or another.

• Like 6

Natural anxiety aside, does anyone really think that there isn't a plan, A, B,C...

That's what these folk do for a living. Of course we'll get players, and decent ones too.

The cricket has been entertaining, Wimbledon's on, the sun is shining.

Enjoy 🌞🌞🌞

• Like 2