• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Glad the Telford rumour has been put to bed. I'd have taken him but wouldn't have been blown away with him signing.

Our ace in the pack is our continuity & base squad which is already in place. We don't need invasive surgery, just a few additions & tweaks here & there.

I hope we're looking at a similar model to MK Dons where we get exciting young players on loan from premier league clubs. DF certainly alluded to this in his interview a few weeks back.

A couple of exciting youngsters on loan in the mold of Azaz & a couple of more experienced quality additions along the lines of a Nicky Cadden. A decent striker & GK. I'd be more than happy with that.

Patience is required, we're starting off from a good place. Signings will come and they will be signings which improve us.

• Like 5

Advert:

22 minutes ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

Have we run out of funds? what on earth is going on? Starting to worry now with no real signings of note. So can we not compete with teams like crawley now? How TF are we not competing with crawley? I wish id held off on my season ticket now

16E7D941-5098-4BEA-BC67-6062CA8461ED.png

Calm down hun we will announce Ellison next week to make up for this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advert:

24 minutes ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

Have we run out of funds? what on earth is going on? Starting to worry now with no real signings of note. So can we not compete with teams like crawley now? How TF are we not competing with crawley? I wish id held off on my season ticket now

And we’ve missed out on that Mane youth from L’pool as well. Bloody disgraceful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think it will be. We have a good squad, and I'm confident we will bring in quality players to complete it?
It will. After someone posted that lineup from our final L1 game all those years ago, anybody who doesn't think this squad even as it stands isn't miles better than that one wants their head looking at. And that squad only went down in the final game
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Charsley is a good option to rotate our midfield, He does even more "ratting" than Ben Garrity! Made an impact at Wembley - in fact, made a bloody nuisance of himself! - and, if his enthusiasm had been checked by a single second, would have been on the scoresheet! A definite keeper for me! (Not a GK - obv!!)

Agree. We got promoted with Doug Loft who was a similar type of player - high energy, technically not the best but still effective and Lofty was decent for us.

Midfield is all about balance and you need a Charsley or a Garrity in there to compliment the others. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:
10 minutes ago, LancyTony said:
I think it will be. We have a good squad, and I'm confident we will bring in quality players to complete it?

It will. After someone posted that lineup from our final L1 game all those years ago, anybody who doesn't think this squad even as it stands isn't miles better than that one wants their head looking at. And that squad only went down in the final game

Quite right and that was with a forward line of Dan Turner and JJ Hooper! 

• Haha 1

Advert:

I know I shouldn’t and that everyone is entitled to an opinion but this sort of post/view really frustrates and annoys me. It’s the problem with the social media age, getting carried away with rumours. He was a Port Vale player already in some peoples eyes and then questioning where we stand financially against other clubs. 

It’s no secret that we don’t have thousands of pounds to pay every week to a player. What we have is organisation and a roadmap. The roadmap doesn’t include taking huge risks on a player that has had one good season. I’m actually thankful we haven’t signed Telford, it screamed single digit return. 

If you’re going to drop in that you’re regretting buying your season ticket then I’ll mention that if that’s how little you think of the club then it wouldn’t bother me if you didn’t buy the season ticket. We’ve just got promoted out of a dog league after the first try with a big squad rebuild. If the owners, DoF and management haven’t earnt your trust after the season we’ve just had then go and support Man City or Crawley because we don’t need you. 
Spot on

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ That is all !!!

• Haha 1

16E7D941-5098-4BEA-BC67-6062CA8461ED.thumb.png.60297f2e8b95f0bc404c4f90fed387f9.png
You OK Hun ?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

TBF, didn't Stone tell him to leave it?

I'd be surprised if he had? The ball drops over Gibbo's head and lands directly in front of him, at his feet...Stone is a few feet away. Gibbo should have put that into row Y!!!

Edited by LancyTony
Spelling

Advert:

8 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I'd be surprised if he had? The ball drops over Gibbo's head and lands directly in front of him, at his feet...Stone is a few feet away. Gibbo should have put that into row Y!!!

F all do with gibbons all stone 

• Like 1

Even if he didn't I think personally that it was so obviously a comfortable keepers ball it didn't even need to be said. Which is why Stone apologised after. Lack of communication I think was to blame. Given how he fluffed the second easy claim though it's probably a good job he didn't come for it in retrospect!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Even if he didn't I think personally that it was so obviously a comfortable keepers ball it didn't even need to be said. Which is why Stone apologised after. Lack of communication I think was to blame. Given how he fluffed the second easy claim though it's probably a good job he didn't come for it in retrospect!

It was stone's area to manage.... down to inexperience.....

• Like 2