Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

Jack Payne is out of contract at Swindon...

After Thursday night I can’t imagine he’d be interested in signing for us. 

• Haha 1

Advert:

After Thursday night I can’t imagine he’d be interested in signing for us. 
I don't want anyone from Swindon unless they get on their knees, beg for forgiveness, and clean the feet of our entire squad with their tongue. Scummers.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Don’t forget to keep your eye on players leaving Champ and L1 clubs. We will need higher calibre than L2 players next season😉

Posted (edited)

Piergianni is absolute tripe. Carthorse. An older, worse Nathan Smith.

Fans know him because he's got a memorable name and did us on set-pieces this season. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our defence.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

Advert:

I can imagine Stockport will go in for a few of those.

I would be interested in Keillor-Dunne and obviously Bahamboula (If we get to league 1... cant see another way of getting him).

If we stayed in League 2 I would look at Piergianni too... head on a stick. Useful tool in League 2.

Posted (edited)

A major negative of the playoffs is that it sets you back a fortnight compared to everyone else in recruitment. I'm sure Flitters has both League 1 and League 2 plans, with budgets, retained lists, and targets for each.

However, Bradford have made their 4th signing before we can even think about a retained list.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

A major negative of the playoffs is that it sets you back a fortnight compared to everyone else in recruitment. I'm sure Flitters has both League 1 and League 2 plans, with budgets, retained lists, and targets for each.

However, Bradford have made their 4th signing before we can even think about a retained list.

I think any players that we are targeting would have been made aware that we may be interested and the leagues we could potentially be in. Unless their dream move materialises they won't be signing any contracts until the playoffs are completed. They will also hold on in case other clubs target them who miss out on their first choice targets. It's not quite the same as the conference clubs last season.

Have many signings been announced yet? Have many players on other clubs retained lists renewed?

• Like 2

Advert:

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

It wont set you back at all really,DC will know who he is keeping and talks will already be taking place with potential new signings

• Like 4

Piergianni is absolute tripe. Carthorse. An older, worse Nathan Smith.
Fans know him because he's got a memorable name and did us on set-pieces this season. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our defence.
He's joined stevenage this afternoon, probably his level

"Could do a job at this level" - translated means I've never heard of him but I've looked him up on a computer game so I'll pass comment in a vein bid to look knowledgable!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, philmpv said:

Time to wheel out the Vale fan new signing matrix I think for ready reference. 'Have I heard of him? Yes - Good signing. No - he's tripe'

Truly a wonderful piece of modern art this was. @valeparklife.

image.thumb.png.8bdaeae50f41074a063d15c871008a06.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Advert:

10 hours ago, philmpv said:

Time to wheel out the Vale fan new signing matrix I think for ready reference. 'Have I heard of him? Yes - Good signing. No - he's tripe'

But there’s an option in the matrix allowing fans to change their minds completely after half a pre-season game at Newcastle Town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I wonder if we'll have a pre season tour this year. Last one I remember was Ireland under Adams

Is that twinned with Newcastle under Lyme?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7