Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

7 minutes ago, robf said:

There's a story on the move on the Crawley website and it sounds exactly like that. 

Some quotes from it:

"It has been a bit of a fast deal, to be honest."

"I like the sound of what is going on at the club at the minute. Everyone is getting behind it, and it is clear where they want to take the club."

One things for certain. He would never have gone to the club under the previous manager 

• Like 1

Advert:

I hope this isn't a trend to come with crypto. I know some NFL teams have been using this also MMA UFC promotion have been sampling paying fighters in crypto 
Does seem to be alot of American investors in the lower leagues now 

What could go wrong?
  • Haha 1

WTF Crawley??  Well I'm really pleased we haven't signed Telford. Clearly a man looking to cash in on a season rather than develop his career. We don't want or need players like that at our club.

Excited for next week expecting some incomings.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I was onabout before the red card incident actually. He looked shakey way before the injury happened. Might have been injured during that time too who knows 

Where I have about Martin to make out hes the scapegoat? I don't just rate him as a stand alone CB when we play 3 at the back as his passing isn't great at times. Just like the first leg of the Swindon games where he made several mistakes. He's a good back up to have but nowhere near the level of Hall and Cass

My opinion by the way which im using my logic for as I feel every fan has a right to be critical to a player in a respected way not just saying that to follow "the crowd" and be biased as you seem to think I have done. 

That's not the impression of him that I got, except, like everyone else in the team, he may have made a couple of mistakes - but his good play far outweighed the bad, and if he's fully-fit he will be a valuable player! As for Martin - one mistake and he's  absolutely slaughtered on here. Yes, Vale fans love having scapegoats and show an imbalanced bias against some players...again, ignoring anything good about him. As an example, someone will react to this by saying "there is nothing good about him"!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Telford to Crawley has got to be one of the weirdest transfers ive seen. Top goalscorer of the division joins a team thats worse than the team he left. Proper strange

Almost as strange as Mullin dropping 2 divisions to cash in on a good season.

• Like 1

Telford to Crawley has got to be one of the weirdest transfers ive seen. Top goalscorer of the division joins a team thats worse than the team he left. Proper strange
Not really

ref-with-yellow-cards-fifa18.gif

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

Almost as strange as Mullin dropping 2 divisions to cash in on a good season.

Yeah but hes rumoured to be on 9k a week at Wrexham. I cant imagine crawley are paying him a great deal more than what league one clubs could of offered 

Advert:

1 minute ago, LancyTony said:

I'd suggest getting on for 50% of posts on here are whinging about Gibbo leaving and/or complaining he wasn't offered a good deal - which they also don't know about, truthfully!...and calling DC and DF liars...or being unacceptably harsh on squad players they personally don't  like...and somebody HAS questioned the owners / process / matrix - it all feels like the wake and post-mortem following a relegation season? We've signed one new player - who most people would say is a good signing...and Carol has dropped a hint that we just have to trust the process as to who else comes in? I never said you or anyone else couldn't post your opinions - I was questioning why so many people are frigging whinging? And I like my high horse - I can see over the trolls from up here!

Fair enough. I thought the post was aimed at me which I found strange as I've never moaned about the current owners/management in place 

Every pre season is the same though. Fans get restless because of either A) lack of signings or long waited B) seeing a rumour online and then being gutted it hasn't come through despite there no official source or C) signings players they've never heard of or don't have the best of records. 

I guarantee all that anxiety and negative moaning will be gone come Fleetwood. 

Social media plays a massive part in football nowadays to the point where I think its maybe heavily too relied on. Just have to go on that cesspit twitter to see so much negative stuff. From all fans of clubs 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Yeah but hes rumoured to be on 9k a week at Wrexham. I cant imagine crawley are paying him a great deal more than what league one clubs could of offered 

Wow for non league (although I think it should be League 3 and part of the EFL now) that is crazy.

Have we run out of funds? what on earth is going on? Starting to worry now with no real signings of note. So can we not compete with teams like crawley now? How TF are we not competing with crawley? I wish id held off on my season ticket now

16E7D941-5098-4BEA-BC67-6062CA8461ED.png

• Haha 4
  • Confused 6

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

Have we run out of funds? what on earth is going on? Starting to worry now with no real signings of note. So can we not compete with teams like crawley now? How TF are we not competing with crawley? I wish id held off on my season ticket now

Do we know if we were actually even interested in him? With Telford he wouldn’t even be guaranteed to start for us. He’s certainly nowhere near Wilson’s league as a player and quite frankly if Proctor is fit he starts also.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

Good grief

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2