Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

On 23/06/2022 at 09:02, Bob Newtonian said:

...We need to save our pennies for the other end of the pitch in my opinion... max I can see from Wilson is 10 goals this season....

Why so few?

Advert:

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Cadence is a left footed player? Surely, we will be looking at a naturally right footed player to play RWB?

Gibbo is right footed but for me played some of his best games at LWB so i wouldn't see that as a problem,thats if we are in for him but there must be a lot chasing him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Gibbo is right footed but for me played some of his best games at LWB so i wouldn't see that as a problem,thats if we are in for him but there must be a lot chasing him

But we have Benning and Hussey for LWB?

Advert:

On 23/06/2022 at 15:25, darren1810 said:

So our top earner is on 1850 I'm sure I read. That means Gibbo was on approx 900 a week. 

Now I'm not sure who Birchall is referring to, possibly Hussey? There's no doubt we strangely pushed the boat out to get him. However he was a regular in a League one side albeit I don't rate him myself but it's not my call ! 

Maybe that's the going rate and a sellers market in January when teams either panic or bring in decent additions like we did ( in the main )

Either way I simply don't believe Gibbo was on 900 a week however poor his number of appearances were .

From memory it was £1875 (or thereabouts) max / £1200 min? And I would guess the players made decent bonuses for their achievements - which is the point of bonuses!

I’d be amazed if we were ever in for Telford. Doesn’t fit the way we’ve been signing players in the last 18 months.

I thought he might compliment Wilson and Proctor nicely but there is also the risk of one season wonder syndrome and his goals dried up badly in the latter half of the season - 1 in last 13 games.

• Like 2