Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

13 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I like him, he's a trier and he always gives his all but he should only ever be back up for me. He's a bit lightweight and just doesn't quite possess that quality. He did a job for us at the time but I'd be fine if he was moved on.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I would never describe him as lightweight. He is a beast in the tackle and a powerhouse of running. In any team /squad you need this type of player. These days it's a matter of using your squad and subs correctly. To have him come on and beast the opposition for the last 20 or 30 minutes is a big advantage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davo666 said:

When you only get offered half of what other players are getting you're going to leave aren't you !! Good luck Gibbo.

When you are only playing half the games other players are playing then you are only going to get half aren't you !! 

• Like 3

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Davo666 said:

When you only get offered half of what other players are getting you're going to leave aren't you !! Good luck Gibbo.

Flip that the other way round - if someone earns the same as you but works only half the hours you do how would you feel?  A smaller basic topped up by appearance money seemed an entirely fair way to go.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, valiantastic said:

i’ve heard from someone close to legge in the biddulph area that leon fell out with the manager of Harrogate after 2 months and the manager has decided to get rid. a strange one because leggy doesn’t seem the bad egg type of player. model pro who if not for the injury would of played at least 50% of our games. had a very strong start to the season and looked like he could defy odds and nick the spot at the back over aaron martin. funny old game is football. hope we see him somewhere in the league. Sources have said Crewe but i dunno how Vale fans would feel about that 

He would get away with murder there lol

1 hour ago, gavcradd said:

Remi Street was quality. Did you know that (according to Wikipedia at least) he didn't play again after he left us in 2017? Seems a massive waste.

Spoke to a friend of his last week who said he had chronic knee problems and essentially couldn't play (or pass a medical) without great pain.

Shame, because he was highly rated and looked a good player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

6 minutes ago, robf said:

It may be total nonsense but one of those Twitter accounts says Theo Robinson is set to sign for Mansfield Town. 

Think that Twitter account in particular has yet to get anything right. Saw one most recently they had us selling Smudge to Plymouth for £300k which am confident isn’t happening. Also they had us letting Jake go on a free to Mansfield.

54 minutes ago, WV said:

When you are only playing half the games other players are playing then you are only going to get half aren't you !! 

Not really, he’s a better player than most of the others so that has to be taken into account as well. 

• Like 1

Not really, he’s a better player than most of the others so that has to be taken into account as well. 
I'd rather have an Audi that never lets me down than a Ferrari that leaves me stranded on the hard shoulder every other time I drive it
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Is he? so why is he playing in the same league as "most of the others" next season ?

I think Cass is a better defender and will prove to have less injury problems over the next two years than Gibbons has had over the previous 2 seasons.

Players missing through injuries means changing the team around and having to sign extra cover so the add on costs in terms of points lost and financing addition of an extra cover player worked against Gibbo's contract offer I guess.

Anyway he's all fixed up now hope he does well he ll get great applause off me when we next see him.

UTV.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I'd rather have an Audi that never lets me down than a Ferrari that leaves me stranded on the hard shoulder every other time I drive it

And when your Ferrari breaks down you are left with your 2nd option which is a bus pass, because you spent all your money on your Ferrari

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Flip that the other way round - if someone earns the same as you but works only half the hours you do how would you feel?  A smaller basic topped up by appearance money seemed an entirely fair way to go.

Flip It around again. There’s lots of different ways of looking at it. I’m guessing that the 2 players we brought in last season to play wing back and full back are the ones on double, they were both second choice behind him when he was fit and (without checking) probably didn’t play any more than the 30 (ish) games that he played throughout last season either. Plus they’re didn’t get as many assists, goals or have as much of an effect on games either. So we arguably got less benefit out of paying those 2 players double the wage. 

Taylor to mansfield? Is that a new rumour? 

Edited by PV1973

1 hour ago, robf said:

It may be total nonsense but one of those Twitter accounts says Theo Robinson is set to sign for Mansfield Town. 

His agent deserves every penny he's ever made. Miracle worker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1