Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

On a separate note regards Tom how good is it to see the clips of him back out training on the grass? That will almost feel like having a brand new signing getting him back fully fit.

Totally agree mate
  • Like 1

Advert:

Players I'd be looking at:

GK
Kieran O’Hara
Jamal Blackman
Connor Ripley
Kieren Westwood
Ben Hamer

RWB
Chris Gunter
Adam Matthews
Joe Rafferty
Gavin Massey

CB
Rhys Bennett
Paul Downing
Chey Dunkley
Sam Hutchinson
Aaron Pierre
Angus MacDonald
Jordan Willis

ST
James Norwood
John Maquis
Sam Winnall
Fejiri Okenabirhie
Vadaine Oliver
Marc McNulty
Dom Telford

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Thought this was quite interesting. Just shows that there are plenty of clubs in similar positions to ours and some who have done no business at all yet. I would expect early july to be busiest times for everyone as thats when player's contract will expire. Trust the process 

0C9D43BE-ED41-4C05-8A19-C889DF595CB4.png

The concern over the lack of new signings should be squashed. Yeah, we are approaching July with just Lewis Cass rejoining but, I’d imagine that we are looking for the right characters and the right players for our system. We don’t need an overhaul like last summer, and I’d be fairly concerned if we did. The signings will arrive, everybody just needs a little patience. Trust the process! 

• Like 3

Rarely post as out of season but this seasons a biggie lets keep behind the players and hopefully another excellent team campaign will be the outcome .
As for signings incoming and outgoings there always going be surprises Good luck to Gibbo Hurst and Amoo and anyone else moving on lets hope there replacements are firstly going give it there all if they do that's good enough for me .
We can be successful in league one for sure but we need folk turn up like they did for sure v Swindon H and Mansfield at Wembley if they do then who knows anything is possibleand that's the belief DC and AC have installed in everyone in the club and all the support and belief can carry you through the leagues .
I for one believe something special is happening at Vale .
Unity is outrageously great.
We have nothing to fear
UTV

• Like 7

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Someone posted this on Facebook which I thought was fascinating.

This was the lineup for our last game in League 1

Cant say that any of them would get in our team now (Smith excluded of course)… Maybe Eagles?

E72EC09C-94B1-4C40-8FD3-933866474CB4.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cant say that any of them would get in our team now (Smith excluded of course)… Maybe Eagles?

No surprise we went down with that side. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

E72EC09C-94B1-4C40-8FD3-933866474CB4.thumb.jpeg.0ab6a7d1193a4742c7537bc71309e448.jpeg
That is an absolutely horrendous team! Only Streete and Smith would get into this squad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Thought this was quite interesting. Just shows that there are plenty of clubs in similar positions to ours and some who have done no business at all yet. I would expect early july to be busiest times for everyone as thats when player's contract will expire. Trust the process 

0C9D43BE-ED41-4C05-8A19-C889DF595CB4.png

The most interesting thing is that it says Gibbons joined Bristol Rovers on loan...

How accurate is the rest of it?

• Haha 1

Advert:

57 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I think Purkiss and Foley were ok.

• Thanks 1

Few, if any, melting down over Gibbo’s departure. Not sure many are getting overly concerned about sparse news on transfers. Personally, I’d like to see a couple because I’m getting bored… which isn’t a great reason to sign someone.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Remi Street was quality. Did you know that (according to Wikipedia at least) he didn't play again after he left us in 2017? Seems a massive waste.

A young Sam Foley or Chris Eagles would be a good signing as well. Some shockers there though, Hooper? Reeves? Tanser? No wonder we went down.

Edited by gavcradd
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Gibbons departure seems to have sent everyone into meltdown. Its just one cloud on an otherwise very bright horizon. We've just been promoted, and we've finally got rid of sex man. Last seasons injury problems consisted of Gibbo missing half a season, Conlon missing half a season, both strikers Wilson and Proctor missing a fair chunk of the season. Cass missed half a season, Walker missed a chunk of the season, as did Dan Jones. There's probably a few I've missed, but with these players I reckon we would of gone up Automatically no problem. Clubs are always going to have injured players, but last season was exceptional. So there's no logic in paying top dollar to a player, albeit a very good one, to keep him at the club. I thank the Lord that Chris Birchall isn't in charge of our finances, or we'd be handing out contracts left right and center. The club looks a lot more professional nowadays, something we've all been begging to happen for years. Patience is the key here, trust the recruitment and let's stop getting sentimental over players. Everything is looking rosy at the club, the future looks bright, we don't need snap signings to please the masses, those days are thankfully gone, we need careful and solid recruitment. Enjoy the pre season, bask in the glory of promotion, let's leave the moaning until we've got something to moan about. We're heading in the right direction for once.

I agree with you.

There's something about the human psyche, or maybe the British, that we always look for weaknesses.

It's actually part of our survival strategy, but it's overused to the extent that we are socially conditioned into being negative and, especially, highly critical.

It has a place, but being critical is easy, and often lazy.

Pride also comes into play. People are critical and then defend or elaborate their concerns rather than listening to other views.

Fundamentally, criticism produces negativity.

For a living example of how to produce a good environment, observe Carol Shanahan. She's a shining light, and we are absolutely blessed to have someone with such brilliant values.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

22 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Remi Street was quality. Did you know that (according to Wikipedia at least) he didn't play again after he left us in 2017? Seems a massive waste.

A young Sam Foley or Chris Eagles would be a good signing as well. Some shockers there though, Hooper? Reeves? Tanser? No wonder we went down.

It's bizarre as to why he hasn't played since. He was very good in our relegation season.

I wonder what he's been up to or what he does for a living now. 

You'd have expected him to end up in L1/NL at the very least!

It would seem that everyone on here has either forgotten about wozza or written him off. He's definitely got another good season in him as RWB. He contributed to many key moments in the playoff games. His dip in form mid season coincided with his hip injury and the fact that Smith was playing behind him at RCB. With Cass at RCB I think we'll see a fully fit  Wozza back to his best. Granted we need to bring in some competition but don't write him off yet.
That set up for Bennings goal at Wembley says it all class player.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's bizarre as to why he hasn't played since. He was very good in our relegation season.
I wonder what he's been up to or what he does for a living now. 
You'd have expected him to end up in L1/NL at the very least!
He's got issues with his knees hasn't he, from what I recall.