Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

I think that’s a little unfair on Wozza considering his current hip problems, get that sorted perhaps but I agree on Benning but I worry about Smith and Gibbons as well
I'm guessing, but I imagine he's a big earner who doesn't fit our system and is on the back of his worst season in a vale shirt.
  • Like 1

Advert:

It’s going to be similar to last season, where there was a few shock departures of longer serving players, a bit of a moan here and there but ultimately they leave, go on to do nothing and are not missed. The same will happen this season. Don’t be surprised if Smith doesn’t sign up, not because he’s rejected the offer, but because he’s not offered one.

I think Gibbo may stay but DC will definitely be weighing up the price and length of contract. Woz I would be absolutely amazed.

• Like 1

This will be McKirdy’s one and only productive season, and they’re stuck with him now on a longer contract. They’ll learn the hard way over time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1 said:

It’s going to be similar to last season, where there was a few shock departures of longer serving players, a bit of a moan here and there but ultimately they leave, go on to do nothing and are not missed. The same will happen this season. Don’t be surprised if Smith doesn’t sign up, not because he’s rejected the offer, but because he’s not offered one.

I think Gibbo may stay but DC will definitely be weighing up the price and length of contract. Woz I would be absolutely amazed.

I think smith and gibbo will be offered but I think there will still be interest from elsewhere for them to weigh up. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Ashley Hunter leaving Salford.

Very good player and one I'd hope we're interested in.

Yes,we can only go on how he has played against us or on tv for Salford and Fleetwood but has always looked a decent footballer and caused us problems,still only 26 as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Ashley Hunter leaving Salford.

Very good player and one I'd hope we're interested in.

Was going to post about this. Cracking little player. Would be a real coup.

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Anyone saying we should release Wozza needs to watch Thursdays match through again.  His performance was unbelievable if he’s playing, as alleged, carrying a hip injury.  Forget the penno miss, which I actually thought was a tad unlucky for the ball to hit the bar and not go in, he was excellent throughout the whole 120.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Anyone saying we should release Wozza needs to watch Thursdays match through again.  His performance was unbelievable if he’s playing, as alleged, carrying a hip injury.  Forget the penno miss, which I actually thought was a tad unlucky for the ball to hit the bar and not go in, he was excellent throughout the whole 120.

his cross for the goal was sublime

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikey said:

his cross for the goal was sublime

Absolutely.  I’d also urge anyone who thinks Wozz can’t play right wingback to sit down and watch the full game through again.

• Like 1

Advert:

The possibility of maybe getting Ryan Edmondson in permanently has been mentioned on here.

Of the two loanees, he is the most likely as he only has a year left on his contract while Harratt has several years left and it's unlikely Hudd will release him as they see him as a future star. 

However, the Leeds press seem to think Edmondson will be leaving in the summer. He's mentioned in here - 

I can't imagine he would be first-choice or even first back-up. I would expect the club will look to bring in someone more experienced as back-up for JP and JW making Edmondson fourth choice at best. However, the experienced players will get older so for the long-term, it may be good to have a raw youngster in the squad who may develop over time. He certainly has pace and determination. 

• Like 2

I'd love to see us sign Edmondson permanent and Harratt on a season long loan next season.  Their attitudes and hunger are first class.

Dunno if it's been mentioned on this thread but murmurs are that Smithy is off to Stockport.  I hope it's inaccurate.

• Like 1