Jump to content

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc


Recommended Posts

I think that’s a little unfair on Wozza considering his current hip problems, get that sorted perhaps but I agree on Benning but I worry about Smith and Gibbons as well
I'm guessing, but I imagine he's a big earner who doesn't fit our system and is on the back of his worst season in a vale shirt.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


It’s going to be similar to last season, where there was a few shock departures of longer serving players, a bit of a moan here and there but ultimately they leave, go on to do nothing and are not missed. The same will happen this season. Don’t be surprised if Smith doesn’t sign up, not because he’s rejected the offer, but because he’s not offered one.

I think Gibbo may stay but DC will definitely be weighing up the price and length of contract. Woz I would be absolutely amazed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be McKirdy’s one and only productive season, and they’re stuck with him now on a longer contract. They’ll learn the hard way over time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 1 said:

It’s going to be similar to last season, where there was a few shock departures of longer serving players, a bit of a moan here and there but ultimately they leave, go on to do nothing and are not missed. The same will happen this season. Don’t be surprised if Smith doesn’t sign up, not because he’s rejected the offer, but because he’s not offered one.

I think Gibbo may stay but DC will definitely be weighing up the price and length of contract. Woz I would be absolutely amazed.

I think smith and gibbo will be offered but I think there will still be interest from elsewhere for them to weigh up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Ashley Hunter leaving Salford.

Very good player and one I'd hope we're interested in.

Yes,we can only go on how he has played against us or on tv for Salford and Fleetwood but has always looked a decent footballer and caused us problems,still only 26 as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Ashley Hunter leaving Salford.

Very good player and one I'd hope we're interested in.

Was going to post about this. Cracking little player. Would be a real coup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Posted (edited)

Anyone saying we should release Wozza needs to watch Thursdays match through again.  His performance was unbelievable if he’s playing, as alleged, carrying a hip injury.  Forget the penno miss, which I actually thought was a tad unlucky for the ball to hit the bar and not go in, he was excellent throughout the whole 120.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Anyone saying we should release Wozza needs to watch Thursdays match through again.  His performance was unbelievable if he’s playing, as alleged, carrying a hip injury.  Forget the penno miss, which I actually thought was a tad unlucky for the ball to hit the bar and not go in, he was excellent throughout the whole 120.

his cross for the goal was sublime

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mikey said:

his cross for the goal was sublime

Absolutely.  I’d also urge anyone who thinks Wozz can’t play right wingback to sit down and watch the full game through again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


The possibility of maybe getting Ryan Edmondson in permanently has been mentioned on here.

Of the two loanees, he is the most likely as he only has a year left on his contract while Harratt has several years left and it's unlikely Hudd will release him as they see him as a future star. 

However, the Leeds press seem to think Edmondson will be leaving in the summer. He's mentioned in here - 

I can't imagine he would be first-choice or even first back-up. I would expect the club will look to bring in someone more experienced as back-up for JP and JW making Edmondson fourth choice at best. However, the experienced players will get older so for the long-term, it may be good to have a raw youngster in the squad who may develop over time. He certainly has pace and determination. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see us sign Edmondson permanent and Harratt on a season long loan next season.  Their attitudes and hunger are first class.

Dunno if it's been mentioned on this thread but murmurs are that Smithy is off to Stockport.  I hope it's inaccurate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...