Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Morecombe at home on Boxing Day

Surely it's traditional to have a bit of Morecambe on a Christmas? We'll just have to make sure we're Wise to any of their antics.

And back to transfers, great to see Lord Mal signed up, so what are we short of now do we reckon? Replacement for Gibbo and a striker to alternate with Proc/Wilson are absolute priorities. Then next for me would be a tricky winger/no 10 to play this year's version of Dennis Politic and give Garrity a bit of competition (with Charsley possibly loaned out?), a Grant-esque CM, and a young striker on loan as cover/fresh legs in the last 30 (the Lloyd/Edmondson role). If Stone has extended, I assume we're not in the market for a keeper, so is that it?

I also have a sneaking suspicion we'll do something with Martin like we did with Legge last year; might not be during the summer, might wait until January as not an urgent priority I wouldn't have thought, but can see us signing one of the top L2 CBs with Martin going the other way along with a chunk of cash. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At least Mal signing has stopped all the negativity about Gibbo leaving.

Outstanding player, shone above many in our team and also against the opposition he was head and shoulders above any other league 2 wing back I’ve seen.

At 28, he still has masses to give. Great to get his signature and he’ll easily slot into league 1 life I suspect

🥳🥳🥳
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Good news re Benning. 

Different topic I know but the Computer has not been kind to us all!!! Morecombe at home on Boxing Day!!!

20) MORECAMBE

Morecambe had an average away attendance of 377, with the club finishing 19th place in the 2021/22 EFL League One table, picking up 42 points from 46 games.

Their highest following was 1,168 to Accrington, their lowest was 105 to Cheltenham. 

There was no average away attendance figure for the 2020/21 season due to the coronavirus pandemic preventing fans going to games.

The average away attendance Morecambe had for the 2019/20 season was 162.

They have managed to get 215 more to travel since 2019/20 🙂 Will they fill the Hamil?

4 minutes ago, ginginator said:

20) MORECAMBE

Morecambe had an average away attendance of 377, with the club finishing 19th place in the 2021/22 EFL League One table, picking up 42 points from 46 games.

Their highest following was 1,168 to Accrington, their lowest was 105 to Cheltenham. 

There was no average away attendance figure for the 2020/21 season due to the coronavirus pandemic preventing fans going to games.

The average away attendance Morecambe had for the 2019/20 season was 162.

They have managed to get 215 more to travel since 2019/20 🙂 Will they fill the Hamil?

Can’t wait 😩

Advert:

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Can you point them out and when I get a spare minute I’ll put that right for you. 👍🏻

Boss that Garrity Laaa
Boslemportvale91
Vale ball
Hoppers
Vale Forever
Ex Hamil Lurker
Iron Curtain 

There you go. You'll need more than a spare minute but these are the ones who didn't agree with Birchalls opinion or objected to him bring involved.

I shan't bother reading if you do comment on their comments.

It's all about me having an opinion about Birchalls opinion. Then you said in your opinion that he should have an opinion even though I said I didn't agree with Birchalls getting involved and giving his opinion.

That's me finished with this conversation as it still doesn't alter the fact that Gibbo has gone. In my opinion it was up to the club on how they spend their budget. This was also your opinion. So in my opinion you agreed with that part of my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Outstanding player, shone above many in our team and also against the opposition he was head and shoulders above any other league 2 wing back I’ve seen.

At 28, he still has masses to give. Great to get his signature and he’ll easily slot into league 1 life I suspect

emoji1319.pngemoji1319.png🥳🥳🥳

Very good player and really pleased he’s with us again but a bit of stretch to say he was the best wing back in the league. I would put at least Wilson at FGR and Caprice at Exeter above him. I think it’s debatable he was even our best next wing back last season.

We have a really good player though who will do well in L1.

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

I’m not sure how accurate the £1,850 salary cap really is. Maybe we do just pay heavy bonuses and add ons, I’m not sure. However, I’ve heard lots of stories from reliable sources that Wilson is on a lot more than £1,850 a week. 

Yeah it's rubbish. 

Advert:

I've seen a few posters saying that Charsley should be ditched or loaned out. I thought he was one of the successes of the transfer window. He never let us down, never had a bad game and has a fantastic work rate. It's a squad game and to me he is needed in the squad.

I like him, he's a trier and he always gives his all but he should only ever be back up for me. He's a bit lightweight and just doesn't quite possess that quality. He did a job for us at the time but I'd be fine if he was moved on.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert:

Just now, werstayinup said:

I would of liked us to have a go for him tbh,has a lot of potential but for me this shows we might be looking to bring in better

I've heard that somewhere before.  😁

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I would of liked us to have a go for him tbh,has a lot of potential but for me this shows we might be looking to bring in better

Thought he was off to Melbourne - gotta love the accuracy of the twitter rumour control 😍😍😍😍

would have loved him here