• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

10 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Good news on MB, does anyone know the length of the contract.

in regards to players wages, just pure speculation last season I was told Wilson was on £4K a week. I’m not bothered what figures come out of the club C&K have to pay it and balance the books so it’s up to them. I don’t blame them saying no one is paid a great deal we live in a poor area where ppl struggle in life so they shouldn’t be rubbing it in ppls faces. I’d also suggest it’s commercially sensitive.

COYW

From what I know, could be absolute rubbish, but Amoo, Proctor and Wilson were our highest earners last season on 2.1k. I’d imagine the 1.8k reported was a base wage, with add-ons boosting it up to 2.1k. 

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Ex player comes out on support of his mate. It’s not something I would be placing much weight on when judging our dealings. 

The version of Port Vale that Birchall yearns for has thankfully been resigned to the dustbin.

Hes allowed an opinion about his mate… but why he would try and undermine the club only he would know.

Ignore it, realise he doesnt have the full information. Recognise he isn’t a manager, or DOF and only has player experience to judge this on. Add the rose tinted glasses of Gibbo being his mate and this comes across as nothing more than an unprofessional rant.

Could do with this being put to bed now asap. It’s not reflecting well on anyone. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Good news Re Benning really impressed me 2nd half of the season Walsall aside. Still think we need another LWB though, can see Mal being 2nd choice and Hussey moved on 

I’m not so sure about moving Hussey.  Good to have his experience at the club, I reckon he’s a decent backup to Mal and an alternative based on the winger/opposition.He’s very good defensively with fantastic set piece delivery. He was definitely hampered by injury and didn’t really have time to build on field relationships.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren TY, who do you think would have wanted a twelve month deal. The player or the club.?

Who knows, probably works in our favour in a lot of ways. If he doesn't make the step up we can say goodbye and thank you next year.

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Who knows, probably works in our favour in a lot of ways. If he doesn't make the step up we can say goodbye and thank you next year.

I heard that last year he only wanted to sign one year because he had really wanted to go to League 1.

• Like 1

Just now, Jacko51 said:

I heard that last year he only wanted to sign one year because he had really wanted to go to League 1.

Must have his eye on the Championship this year then 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Are you going to comment on every person who has objected to Birchalls comment,or just comment on mine?

I'll look forward to seeing you do this on every one who has objected.

Can you point them out and when I get a spare minute I’ll put that right for you. 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

We have to bear in mind we are a bit more pro-active it seems with "clauses" such as additional year ones like Smith and Stone had triggers on.

Advert:

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

Must have his eye on the Championship this year then 😁

He will be ok with us next year then :upthevale:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

At least Mal signing has stopped all the negativity about Gibbo leaving.

Surely a tactical decision from the club to put off this announcement until just after the gibbo news broke? 

Likely a done deal a few weeks ago when the deleted tweet incident happened, but kept it hush hush so they could drop it about now should the negotiations with JG go the way they did

• Like 1

I’m not sure how accurate the £1,850 salary cap really is. Maybe we do just pay heavy bonuses and add ons, I’m not sure. However, I’ve heard lots of stories from reliable sources that Wilson is on a lot more than £1,850 a week. 

Advert:

Great news re Mal. I was one of his detractors during his pre season and first half season form but, since his apparent wake up call (or whatever it was), he's been largely outstanding, a completely different player.

Re Gibbo, I've got no issue with Birchall coming out with what he thinks. I do, however, question just how well thought out it is. Smacks of Chinese whispers to a large extent, and completely biased in favour of Gibbo (demanding parity with players on allegedly double his wage). We all know that Gibbo is a great player. But when he's really only been available for half the season each season he's played is this realistic? Don't blame him for one second if he can get that money elsewhere, but by the same token I don't blame the club one bit for (alleged by Birchall) not caving into that kind of expectation.

Have no idea what's true and what isn't, like most of us, but do trust the process completely, and am very confident that we'll have an equal or even better player/youngster lined up

• Like 3

I’m not sure how accurate the £1,850 salary cap really is. Maybe we do just pay heavy bonuses and add ons, I’m not sure. However, I’ve heard lots of stories from reliable sources that Wilson is on a lot more than £1,850 a week. 
If he continues to play the way he did for most of last season, he deserves every penny of whatever he's on.

I, for one, really don't believe that someone like DC would come out like he did publically and make such a specific comment on wages (both individually and collectively in terms of the entire budget) if it wasn't true. There may be bigger bonuses and incentives for certain players, but they will have to be earnt, and I honestly believe DC that the basic wage ceiling was 1850. Those saying otherwise are basically saying that DC is a barefaced liar, which doesn't sit well with me at all, particularly given the type of guy that DC appears to be
  • Like 3

Glad to see Mal sign up again based on his end of season form. Hopefully he can carry that forward into next season.

Looking like continuity is key for us this summer, keeping hold of the majority of the players in & around our starting 11. It's a steady strategy & I think it will serve us well.

Still excited to see if we can bring a few in to really improve our best 11.

• Like 1