• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

1 minute ago, boslemportvale91 said:

So that's the contracts done then. 

Onto to pre season and new signings. 

I love the newcastle town/kidsgrove athletic friendlies. Cracking weather , get to see potential new signings and another step closer to the season. Oh and a trip to the boozers of course 

Bring it on 

Have we announced castle yet mate ?

I know Kidsgrove is a Tuesday this time 

Advert:

Yes - great news - was so impressed with his transformation - my mate fluffy knows the lads at that gym and says they are first rate - may well have saved Sir Mals Port Vale career 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Have we announced castle yet mate ?

I know Kidsgrove is a Tuesday this time 

The Newcastle website has 8 pre-season games listed and Vale aren't one of them.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, Hoppers said:

Yes - great news - was so impressed with his transformation - my mate fluffy knows the lads at that gym and says they are first rate - may well have saved Sir Mals Port Vale career 

Can we upgrade him from a Sir to a Lord now he's signed ? 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I presume we'll be playing them. Hope we do anyway. Always a cracking day out in the summer at lyme Valley 

Enjoyed a few sherbets in The castle mona last year. Always good day out and money in the coffers for local clubs. Could be tricky fitting it in mind . 

• Like 1

Good news on MB, does anyone know the length of the contract.

in regards to players wages, just pure speculation last season I was told Wilson was on £4K a week. I’m not bothered what figures come out of the club C&K have to pay it and balance the books so it’s up to them. I don’t blame them saying no one is paid a great deal we live in a poor area where ppl struggle in life so they shouldn’t be rubbing it in ppls faces. I’d also suggest it’s commercially sensitive.

COYW

Advert:

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Birchall on Gibbo leaving 

4C6ECBAB-FB46-4365-AABD-A963D46AF40C.jpeg

2AE15DF0-C0EC-4B48-9E9C-999679AA895B.jpeg

Ex player comes out on support of his mate. It’s not something I would be placing much weight on when judging our dealings. 

The version of Port Vale that Birchall yearns for has thankfully been resigned to the dustbin.

Hes allowed an opinion about his mate… but why he would try and undermine the club only he would know.

Ignore it, realise he doesnt have the full information. Recognise he isn’t a manager, or DOF and only has player experience to judge this on. Add the rose tinted glasses of Gibbo being his mate and this comes across as nothing more than an unprofessional rant.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

So we’ve only lost 3 out of last seasons squad, it’s going to be interesting who else we bring in / put on the transfer list. I know mal had a great end to the season, but let’s not let that cloud what was overall a very disappointing first season on a personal performance level, he really has to do better this coming season and be more consistent. Maybe the end of season saw him turn a corner. 

I think Mal would be the first to admit that he wasn’t in shape when he first arrived at the club, which I’d imagine had big part in his initial struggle. However, full credit to the bloke, he got himself in shape - evidence is on social media - and had a cracking end to the season. 

I think a one-year agreement is a good piece of business by the club. It’s now up to Mal to carry on his form into next season.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Can we upgrade him from a Sir to a Lord now he's signed ? 😁😁

And change Aiden Stones chant to:

Aiden Stone Lord Mal… Aiden Stone

Chant inception 

• Haha 1

Advert:

I think with all negotiations its you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. 

Was very surprised he initially only signed for a year last summer. 

Possibly the step up a division has led to a see how we go situation?