Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

We’re not going to be left short and we won’t have been surprised by this. People just need to be patient and wait to see the whole picture, not the inevitable gloomy precursor where gaps are left. We’ll start with a squad that fully covers every position and hopefully has more chance of being available all season.

• Like 2

Advert:

I tell you what I find encouraging, even though we have all gone into meltdown, the vast majority of posts since last night have shown faith/trust in the club knowing what they are doing - imagine that 3 years ago; brilliant , absolutely brilliant 

Now come on auntie Carol, give us an afternoon signing please 😍😍😍

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Re Benning, do you think anything can be read in to the fact that we had announced the two existing sign-ups, then the Gibbo news dropped?

I think a lot of time is put into thinking about when to make announcements 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bomber said:

For me both loan lads did us proud and bought into the club and team, and for that I will always look out for them. Both lads a credit and hope all goes well for them.

Spot-on. I think you encompass quite a few peoples' thoughts--certainly mine, on this point.

• Like 4

Advert:

15 hours ago, Hoppers said:

LOVE IT - NICE 🤣🤣

to wind me up, me ole pappy used to say "you can lead a horse to water, but it doesnt make him a duck" - I used to walk away scratching me head 🤣🤣🤣

Aye my Owd Fellah would say..."you can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead..." Dad's hey?

• Haha 3

Personally I don’t buy the “money talks” line on the Gibbo decision.
If he is as amazing as we all think and his injuries have in fact cleared up then he would be off to the championship.
There were multiple rumours of him going to the championship in Jan last year and then he broke down at Leyton Orient.
I don’t think this is a case of us offering him a big deal and Bristol blowing it out of the water.
This is a story of us offering him something based on our view of his injuries (27 starts in 2 seasons) and Rovers willing to take a gamble.
I actually feel a bit sorry for Gibbo and wish him well… from Championship prospect I feel that Bristol are the only club that have been willing to take the risk. Let’s face it, the big boys in our league could blow them out of the water with a bid but they haven’t.
He is having to either drive 2 and a half hours each way to train or move away from the local area where he and his Mrs are super connected and tied in… he’s engaged to Conlons twin(?) sister.
Is she going to move to Bristol with him to reduce the commute? Who knows. If not he’s going to move down there on his own or face the commute.
This situation reads more to me like Gibbo is lucky that a team in league 1 were willing to offer him something that’s not dependent on appearances and that’s the best offer he could get.
We know Barton is willing to take those gambles… Their other signing (Rossiter) is described by Fleetwood fans as 2 things … 1) too good for league one and 2) made of glass 
He managed only 10 games last year.
I love Gibbo… I genuinely wish him well and hope his injuries are behind him.
Have Bristol mugged us off by blasting our bid out of the water. No. Are they willing to take a risk that we weren’t. Yes.

Spot on..... TTP

Looks like Manny is going through the wars again too… another one who I genuinely hope gets through his injury challenges. 

F16F3C8E-ECDF-4AEA-BF09-29D0681BFB8F.thumb.jpeg.c07afa228342cf7f852d2242c5d9aae3.jpeg
Real shame about Manny.

A quality player hampered with injuries.

However, it's strange there's a theory going around that he's overcome his issues since we sold him (for a fee).

From stats available it looks like he played less minutes than Proctor and similar minutes to Conlon & Dan Jones last season.

TTP
  • Like 4

Not really concerned about Gibbo going.He doesn’t play enough and spends a lot of time playing catch-up when he does.Gave his all for the team but his defending is a little bit suspect imo.

• Like 4

Advert:

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Birchall on Gibbo leaving 

4C6ECBAB-FB46-4365-AABD-A963D46AF40C.jpeg

2AE15DF0-C0EC-4B48-9E9C-999679AA895B.jpeg

Maybe if he wanted double he should have been available for double the games. 

• Like 7

Advert:

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Birchall on Gibbo leaving 

4C6ECBAB-FB46-4365-AABD-A963D46AF40C.jpeg

2AE15DF0-C0EC-4B48-9E9C-999679AA895B.jpeg

Get lost Birchall...got nothing to do with you. He should have ended his post at "That's their decision."

• Like 2