Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

As we all are gutted he has left. Just checked his final stats.

He made 111 appearances for us in 6 years.

Another of the 'not a DC signing' to leave. 

Final shout out to Nathsn Smith..304 appearances and still going...Top lad.

Not all gutted.... I ve said in the past that he's too injury prone for me and for what its worth Cass is a better defender with a bit more height... I wish Gibbo all the best and he'll get a great round of applause from me when he returns to VP.

Its the right move all round he needs to test himself outside of his comfort zone to improve and it obviously suits Vale to replace him with Cass rather than offering him big money to stay.

We need to save our pennies for the other end of the pitch in my opinion... max I can see from Wilson is 10 goals this season and if everything is right with Proctor maybe 10 from him. At the moment we are a bit away from the required standard to avoid a relegation battle but we have the right people in charge to correct that  even if it will take them the rest of the transfer window (including the loan window) and the transfer window in January to do so.

I just worry about people expectations, League 1 is different to the Harrogate's and Barrows of this world. Even the so called smaller clubs who have been in the league for while have had League 1 income compared to our years in the wilderness and to close that gap immediately is difficult.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

As we all are gutted he has left. Just checked his final stats.

He made 111 appearances for us in 6 years.

Another of the 'not a DC signing' to leave. 

Final shout out to Nathsn Smith..304 appearances and still going...Top lad.

Smith is another conundrum...

Option 1 do we let him run down his contract and leave for nothing as we did with Gibbo or

Option 2  we cash in now.

I ll make the assumption that as with most players he will run down his contract to give himself more options at the end of this year thereby nullifying option 3 :that he signs a new contract..

I've an instinct that we will cash in either now or to a lesser degree in January. We cant keep letting decent lower league players leave on free transfers. I ve also an instinct that we will have replacements lined up. 

Advert:

TBH, I’m gutted as the Worrall and Gibbo partnership offered us so much down the right hand side. Money talks and the lads got to make as much money as possible in a short space of time. The days of retiring and running a pub or a newsagents are long gone. Good luck James but like others have said there’ll always be a warm welcome from me and the majority at VP, but Bristol Rovers.? Perhaps we thought you were better than that.

• Like 3

The players leaving are league 2 players. To stay in league 1 we need league 1 players. 
I have been down the club today to look over the hospitality options now open to fans 
At long last we have quality hospitality opportunities.
President seating being ripped out and quality going in. To sit there next season you have a 3 course meal included.
The RW suite is Championship quality and that includes a buffet meal.
The club revenue from hospitality is going to rocket!

Sounds spiffing old boy... Glass of Pimms at half time? Meanwhile real fans have to queue 15 minutes in the piššing down rain only to find out the pies have ran out yet again... and use toilets which were last fit for purpose in the 1950's.
  • Confused 1

Advert:

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Need a signing if not for the ST numbers, there's a bit of malaise around the place after yesterday. People still going off on social media. It would have been better if they could have delayed the Gibbons news until July 1st, the very quiet transfer window otherwise leaves a vaccum.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 5

Everyone needs to calm down a little, deals are being done - players will go, players will come.
It's not like we only have 5 registered players.
5 weeks until we kick a ball in anger, plenty of time.
Losing Gibbo doesn't mean the wheels have fallen off, even if he has joined another team in our league.
Let's be positive, I for one trust the club to do what's right for the club.
UTV.

• Like 5